• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car Ownership for Singaporean Only

Home Owner

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it possible?

for work permit holder, permanent residence, foreigners, etc.. only allowed to rent or lease, how?

coe prices should go down, right?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it possible?

for work permit holder, permanent residence, foreigners, etc.. only allowed to rent or lease, how?

You don't own anything in Singapore.

Your typical HDB flat is a 99-year lease.

And as the folks at in Rochor Centre and Pearl's Centre found out: if you don't own the land, if your land can be easily robbed from you on a whim with the Land Acquistion Act, you don't own a home at all.

Your 'owned' car will most likely be scrapped after a certain number of years.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it possible?

You are very selfish.
COE will not drop if car owner ship only for Singaporean.
Others may use Singaporean friend to buy, rental company will buy more, use company name to buy.......................so on. Many other way.
Total demand is there. COE will not drop because every month average only 2000 unit car or COE for bidding.
So only top 2000 bid get the car.
If you cannot afford dont buy and KPKB here. I already hate traffic . Those cannot afford better dont drive.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it possible?

Another retarded suggestion from opposition supporting moron. What if the person need it and the job depends on it. What about foreign business owners.

A car is not necessary for 99% of Singaporeans. Only idiots and the rich should get a car.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are very selfish.
COE will not drop if car owner ship only for Singaporean.
Others may use Singaporean friend to buy, rental company will buy more, use company name to buy.......................so on. Many other way.
Total demand is there. COE will not drop because every month average only 2000 unit car or COE for bidding.
So only top 2000 bid get the car.
If you cannot afford dont buy and KPKB here. I already hate traffic . Those cannot afford better dont drive.

Yes traffic already sucks....

Ban all heavy vehicles and goods from expressways and restrict their timing on the road.
Increase all taxes of motorbikes to discourage motorbikes ownership. Ban from expressways as well.
Impose minimum price of a car to be at least 150k per unit to discourage those going for cheaper cars.
Make all buses to be double deckers so less on the road.
Road pricing to be more extensive.....install taxi meter like device in cars to calculate exact distance travelled to be charged.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an idea, please don't get angry or get worked up because I have been zapped by Erotica 6 times already. He didn't like some of my posts and zapped me without any good reasons except for the last few where I fucked him.

Here's the crazy idea,

Remove COE and dismantle ERP totally, in another word don't control car population.
Let nature takes it own course like in Bangkok.
People there don't complain much about the jams...they adjust themselves and live with it.
That is 100% free market. You want a car....go for it but be prepared for the jams.
Bangkok economy didn't collapse because of the notorious jams until today.

Here the PAP wants to control everything, including fucking less to stop at 2 and then upgraded to fuck more for the sake of economy and GDP.

This will put the rich and poor on equal footing. You want a car, pay for it, jams included.

Zap me if don't like my post but for god sake give me a good reason.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it possible?

Helo Blur Fuck

The PaP has never been interested in bringing cost down for you or your fellow citizens.

They operate on a 'See who can afford it' basis.

So wake the FUCK-Up and start making yourself to be able to afford things, you wish you had wanted!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Helo Blur Fuck

The PaP has never been interested in bringing cost down for you or your fellow citizens.

They operate on a 'See who can afford it' basis.

So wake the FUCK-Up and start making yourself to be able to afford things, you wish you had wanted!

They work on a 'see how much we can milk' system......

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an idea, please don't get angry or get worked up because I have been zapped by Erotica 6 times already. He didn't like some of my posts and zapped me without any good reasons except for the last few where I fucked him.

Here's the crazy idea,

Remove COE and dismantle ERP totally, in another word don't control car population.
Let nature takes it own course like in Bangkok.
People there don't complain much about the jams...they adjust themselves and live with it.
That is 100% free market. You want a car....go for it but be prepared for the jams.
Bangkok economy didn't collapse because of the notorious jams until today.

Here the PAP wants to control everything, including fucking less to stop at 2 and then upgraded to fuck more for the sake of economy and GDP.

This will put the rich and poor on equal footing. You want a car, pay for it, jams included.

Zap me if don't like my post but for god sake give me a good reason.

your 'idea' and others who gave their 'ideas' here is not going to happen.

for the simple reason that it don't generate $ for the regime.
the rule of the game is : the solution must make $ . that's why it is not that easy to find a
solution to any problem.
it has to be appeared to solve the problem , and at the same time it has to bring in the cash.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
your 'idea' and others who gave their 'ideas' here is not going to happen.

for the simple reason that it don't generate $ for the regime.
the rule of the game is : the solution must make $ . that's why it is not that easy to find a
solution to any problem.
it has to be appeared to solve the problem , and at the same time it has to bring in the cash.

As you know the current gahment is only interested in making money what if a new gov is installed and move away from the old practices i.e. solving problems without disguise.
As it is the numbers of cars on the road are finite, with or without ERP, the number of people driving to work is the same, well maybe a negligible percentage increase if all ERPs are dismantled.
ERP is not preventing car owners from entering the designated areas, it is in fact collecting taxes in the guise of control. Do they dare to switch off the ERPs for one month to find out the actual situation? They wouldn't dare because the truth hurts...their coffer at least besides their egos.
The same goes to COE. If they remove the 10 years mandatory scrap system, most of the owners will keep their cars and the demand will not be as steep like what is happening now,
existing owners vs new owners fighting until the survival of the richest.
It is common sense, as the population grows consumptions and needs grow including jams,overcrowding as well as other social problems.

Last edited: