• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can't see more than 100m

jw5

Loyal
It's 11am now, when i look out of the window, the haze is so thick that I can hardly see beyond 100 meters.

And there's no warning on tv or radio, is NEA's Ms. Vivian sleeping???

It's because.......... "your nickname".

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are thankful that you have the PAP & their government department NEA who made SINgapore a livable place...Vivien too busy playing "humtum bola" don't disturb..now they are playing 'hide & seek' with LTK involved...and later "police & thief"...thank you you have PAP & NEA, praise the gourd!

NEA is the most useless organization. Lots of problem like dengue, noise pollution, farking diesel polllution, flooding , and now haze and YET the @ssholes spend all their resources and energy in past 6 months on their No.1 and only priority campaign>>>> The return food tray campaign !!!!!!!!
Why? Why? Why? because the foodcourt owners probably ALL grass roots leeders and hence most important to increase their profits by hiring less cleaners. This is more important than anything else.you die your business so long as you return the blardy food tray, according to them . Now you why I don't return food trays.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEA is the most useless organization. Lots of problem like dengue, noise pollution, farking diesel polllution, flooding , and now haze and YET the @ssholes spend all their resources and energy in past 6 months on their No.1 and only priority campaign>>>> The return food tray campaign !!!!!!!!
Why? Why? Why? because the foodcourt owners probably ALL grass roots leeders and hence most important to increase their profits by hiring less cleaners. This is more important than anything else.you die your business so long as you return the blardy food tray, according to them . Now you why I don't return food trays.

No Lah, their No 1 priority is to fix the WP!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10891136

Singapore hit by haze from Sumatra fires

AFP130617150818_460x230.jpg

A view from Mount Faber hill shows low visibility due to haze in Singapore. Photo / AFP

Singapore is shrouded in a smoky-smelling haze as pollution from forest fires in Indonesia's Sumatra island spreads to neighbouring countries.

The Pollutant Standards Index reading at noon on Monday stood at 80, in the higher range of the "moderate" band, according to the National Environment Agency (NEA) website. Any reading above 100 is considered unhealthy.

The haze was visible at street level in Singapore's central business district but has so far not affected business or air transport. Singapore schools are on holiday.

People with heart and lung disease, those over 65 and children are advised to "reduce prolonged or heavy outdoor exertion" even in moderate conditions.

"The hazy conditions are expected to persist for the next few days," the NEA said.

Malaysia has also been affected by the recurring haze problem, which occurs in the dry season as a result of forest fires in the sprawling Indonesian archipelago, some of them deliberately started to clear land for cultivation.

Haze reached unhealthy levels in Malaysia over the weekend.

On Monday, the Malaysian pollutant index showed unhealthy levels of between 102 and 121 in parts of the states of Pahang, Terengganu and Malacca. In the capital Kuala Lumpur, the sky remained hazy with a reading of 82.

Southeast Asia's haze problem hit its worst level in 1997-1998, causing widespread health problems and costing the regional economy billions of dollars as a result of business and air transport disruptions.
-AAP

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm in AMK now and the haze is quite bad. I emerged from the aircon room and could instantly smell the burnt trees.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole problem is the bloody useless Indonesian government is not taking firm actions against those perpetrators who had deliberately started the fires. They should have just implement a new constitution to legally confiscate all those lands that are found to be deliberately set on fire. This will not only resolve the problem but also will generate revenue for the bloody useless corrupted Indonesian government and its cronies.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Once again, it will be good business for the doctors. This morning, I have seen more people coughing in the bus. Even my throat is starting to feel sore.

I'm surprise at how Sinkies take things so easily.

1. Mother still allowing their kids to play outdoor despite the haze being so obvious.

2. Sinkies just don't like to wear a mask when they are sick. Kept coughing and coughing inside the bus. I really hope one big epidemic hits Singapore and they will learn it the hard way.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2. Sinkies just don't like to wear a mask when they are sick. Kept coughing and coughing inside the bus. I really hope one big epidemic hits Singapore and they will learn it the hard way.

Sinkies and Learn. Damn fucking hard to form a positive sentence out of it.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's 11am now, when i look out of the window, the haze is so thick that I can hardly see beyond 100 meters.

And there's no warning on tv or radio, is NEA's Ms. Vivian sleeping???

What warning do you need, you already see its damn hazy don't you? Need somebody hold your hand?

jw5

Loyal

In Taiwan and HK, people usually wear masks when they are sick, so that they won't infect others.
In SG, sinkies usually wear masks so that they won't get infected by others.
That's why I never subscribe to the chinks this or chinks that theory.
It's the sinkie mentality................... which has been inherited and/or acquired.