• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Candidate Tony Tan Resigns from SPH to "remove doubts of media independence"

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Vote for this White Haired old wizard is a Vote for the PAP..!!!:mad:

Not gonna Vote for Him! :mad:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... "There is no legal requirement for me to resign from GIC or SPH. However, to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest, I have decided to resign from GIC with effect from July 1," Dr Tan said in a statement.

"I will also resign from SPH with effect from July 1 to remove any doubts about SPH's media independence," he added ...
tis burger tries 2 take himself out of gahmen ... but he wun b able 2 take gahmen out of him ... :(

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
sph HAVE all d while been pro-pap-govtment n very bias against all opposition.
even with tony's president bid, SPH HAS OREADY THREW THEIR UTMOST SUPPORT 4 him, endorsing him

believe it or not .... fm now till election date, SPH WILL B FLASHING TONY ALL OVER THEIR PAGES

"I will also resign from SPH with effect from July 1 to remove any doubts about SPH's media independence," - Tony Tan

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110623-285560.html

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Most people need to give 1 or 2 month's notice before they resign, else they will have to pay penalty....

Goh Meng Seng

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Despite a PhD from MIT, he must be an idiot trying to covince us that his resignation from SPH will 'remove doubts of media independence." Once a MIW, forever will remain one. He must be acting upon orders from LKY. Being an old bird, not likely LHL is able to handle him like a dog.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once a MIW, forever will remain one. He must be acting upon orders from LKY. Being an old bird, not likely LHL is able to handle him like a dog.

No wonder the president's salary is so high:eek:

Any loyal PAP drone who takes up the position must forego all the extras from other lucrative positions:rolleyes:

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a fair move because any reportage from the press will seem like the press is endorsing him. But being a former DPM, its hard to think otherwise.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite a PhD from MIT, he must be an idiot trying to covince us that his resignation from SPH will 'remove doubts of media independence." Once a MIW, forever will remain one. He must be acting upon orders from LKY. Being an old bird, not likely LHL is able to handle him like a dog.

he did say the government didn't ask him. and dun we always say LKY not equal government?

technically he's not wrong.

it's a bit strange though, last time (many years back) he say he dun want to contest for this post. now he's going for it.

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, Ong Teng Cheong was a trusted PAP man once as well.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right. That was why I voted against him, just as I will vote against Tony Tan in whom his cabinet colleagues had so little trust that they chose GCT to succeed LKY despite LKY's explicit backing for Tony Tan.

Well, Ong Teng Cheong was a trusted PAP man once as well.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's a massive Freudian slip on the part of Dr Tony Tan. Indirectly he is telling all Singaporeans that "while he is still with SPH, SPH is not independent and pro-PAP."