• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Candidate Tony Tan Resigns from SPH to "remove doubts of media independence"

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. That was why I voted against him, just as I will vote against Tony Tan in whom his cabinet colleagues had so little trust that they chose GCT to succeed LKY despite LKY's explicit backing for Tony Tan.

Then you will have a hard choice this time round because all 3 are linked to PAP :smile:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you are right. I'd thought of spoiling my vote, but then I realized that would be handing them exactly what they want: apathetic consent. I also reflected on the previous contacts I had with the potential candidates. I've spoken to and related with Tony Tan and Tan Cheng Bock. Tony Tan struck me as very intelligent and capable, but extremely COLD. He also seems to have been motivated strongly by self-interest rather than community good. Indeed, I could not help getting the impression that the obscene ministerial wages were designed to attract him and his ilk into cabinet.

I first met TCB when I stumbled into his clinic after my flu got worse at work. Before and during the encounter I did not even know who he was. I was very impressed by his chair-side manners and the warmth he exuded. More interestingly, he went on to ask me about my field of work which was a hot button issue at the time. Despite being unwell, I recalled how engaged he was with the issue and how careful he was to get an honest opinion. His few interjections suggested his unhappiness with quite a number of things the government was doing.

It was only after I went back to my office that I realized I'd met an MP and one who was known for his work in rural Singapore as well as Mr Feedback. I then paid more attention to his work and what he said in parliament. After a few years, I recall telling myself that I'm glad he never stood in my constituency because if the opposition had fielded a noob, I might be compelled to depart from my default voting pattern.

Sadly, I've not met TKL.

Yes, all three wear / wore white. In my mind, though, I've decided what my voting priorities. I would NOT vote for TT.

Then you will have a hard choice this time round because all 3 are linked to PAP :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I first met TCB when I stumbled into his clinic after my flu got worse at work. Before and during the encounter I did not even know who he was. I was very impressed by his chair-side manners and the warmth he exuded. More interestingly, he went on to ask me about my field of work which was a hot button issue at the time. Despite being unwell, I recalled how engaged he was with the issue and how careful he was to get an honest opinion. His few interjections suggested his unhappiness with quite a number of things the government was doing.

This is a very good story about TCB.
No personal experience, but I've heard stories like that as well. Excluding the part about unhappiness with government.

I'm not being sarcastic when I hope that TKL's supporters would have similar stories. Real and heartfelt, not just, "He talked about minibonds" or "He's against pap and credible" or "He blogs about social issues", etc.

Like I said before, the president need not be the guy launching the rocket. He just need to be steadfast and straightforward in blocking any moves which are not to the peoples' and country's benefit.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More interestingly, he went on to ask me about my field of work which was a hot button issue at the time. Despite being unwell, I recalled how engaged he was with the issue and how careful he was to get an honest opinion.

Can I ask what's your field of work?

kastro

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tony Tan was LKY's best right hand man during the formative years when LKY handed power over to GCT. It was widely known that he was LKY's preferred successor to assume office before GCT became PM as a result of the support from the second generation of leaders.

Tony Tan can resign from all his appointments related to establishment, but it is clear that he is a PAP man inside out. The facts are laid before his feet.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset