• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Curious why you said that? he doesn't seem to have a good reputation here and I am not a person of such character.

It's all subjective and a matter of opinion. I understand asychee's point of views. Whether they are "right" or "wrong" is debatable.

But his views on certain things would greatly differ from mine as I found out later. Does that make him a "bad character"? It all depends how you define that. Personally I don't think asychee is "bad". He is just smarter.

As he would say, he is more "street smart", "thinks out of the box" and applies his "SWOT" to the fullest.

A case of deontology versus consequentialism.

No harm writing to asychee. He will give you many points of view very different from the crowd who are "less smart", people like me. If you get to know him then you might know why I say the two of you are similar. Both of you are survivors. Fighters. Hungry. Smart. Resourceful. Creative. Successful.

All the best birdie.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BTW, after talking to my wife, we think it is best to engage an agent or a consultant to process the application for PR..what do you guys think?

Save your money. Most of the consultants don't know any more than a week of research on your part to complete your application. If you still want to get outside help, then get a reputable immigration lawyer. They don't come cheap.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared for a strained and under funded health care system in Canada... "little Logon Dombi has to wait 1.5 years to get his MRI, that's twice his age"

7994255316_e66a5dc9b6_b.jpg

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the context of recent Canadian immigration policy changes since 2008 which have affected applicants, especially in the Federal Skilled Workers Class:

"New report says Tories' immigration policy too focused on short-term gains"

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/art...ration-policy-too-focused-on-short-term-gains

The Tories are the current Federal minority government, which means that they need to rely on the support of other parties to stay in power. This has implications on the immigration policy changes thus far and until the next Federal election scheduled for 2015.

At the same time, the provincial governments are changing their programs to meet their own immigration needs. For those with specific skills the provinces need, you may want to check out the Provincial Nominee Programs each province offers.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
In the context of recent Canadian immigration policy changes since 2008 which have affected applicants, especially in the Federal Skilled Workers Class:

"New report says Tories' immigration policy too focused on short-term gains"

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/art...ration-policy-too-focused-on-short-term-gains

The Tories are the current Federal minority government, which means that they need to rely on the support of other parties to stay in power. This has implications on the immigration policy changes thus far and until the next Federal election scheduled for 2015.

At the same time, the provincial governments are changing their programs to meet their own immigration needs. For those with specific skills the provinces need, you may want to check out the Provincial Nominee Programs each province offers.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/story/2011/05/02/cv-election-main.html#

Errr you're out of date lah.

The Tories won a majority in the Federal Elections in May 2011. That is why they can make pretty big changes like this new immigration policy without having to rely on the support of other parties.

Indig10, do you live in Canada or Singapore?

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/story/2011/05/02/cv-election-main.html#

Errr you're out of date lah.

The Tories won a majority in the Federal Elections in May 2011. That is why they can make pretty big changes like this new immigration policy without having to rely on the support of other parties.

Indig10, do you live in Canada or Singapore?

Sorry about that. I thought Tories were still minority coz i was discussing it with some people today. Thanks for correcting me on that. Am in Canada.

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is far more expensive than USA. People from third world countries come to USA for permanent residence. These are people from africa, middle east, India and even China all, one way or another, land in USA and make a living there. Don't see why the educated and wealthy Singaporeans cannot. It is worth the trouble to check out USA because prices is Canada are almost double of what you pay in USA.

Gas in USA is about $4 a gallon, this is about $1 a litre. That is about half the price of gas in Canada. Almost everything in USA is cheaper by half price: butter, eggs, milk, cheese (yes, 2 Canadian policeman were caught smuggling cheese to Canada from USA because cheese is half price in USA), shoes, clothing, cars etc.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Canada is far more expensive than USA. People from third world countries come to USA for permanent residence. These are people from africa, middle east, India and even China all, one way or another, land in USA and make a living there. Don't see why the educated and wealthy Singaporeans cannot. It is worth the trouble to check out USA because prices is Canada are almost double of what you pay in USA.

Gas in USA is about $4 a gallon, this is about $1 a litre. That is about half the price of gas in Canada. Almost everything in USA is cheaper by half price: butter, eggs, milk, cheese (yes, 2 Canadian policeman were caught smuggling cheese to Canada from USA because cheese is half price in USA), shoes, clothing, cars etc.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=1&From=CAD&To=USD

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ited+States&city1=Vancouver&city2=Seattle,+WA

You are right.

There are lots of high paying jobs waiting in USA and the economy is just booming there. Healthcare coverage is also excellent under Obama care.

Singaporeans should go to USA. Please don't come to Canada. Really too expensive in Canada. Choose cheaper countries to move to better.

Last edited:

larky28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is definitely overpriced compare to USA .. Problem is so serious that those American living at the border want the local govt to ban Canadian from shopping in their country. I have done grocery shopping in US and China, even China (especially costal cities) now is much more expensive than USA

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/busines...d-up-with-canadians-taking-over-local-costco/
Americans Fed Up With Canadians Taking Over Local Costco

Residents of Bellingham, Wash., are fed up with Canadian shoppers who cross the border and buy up the goods at the local Costco.

Canadian residents are driving less than 30 miles across the U.S. border and taking full advantage of the favorable exchange rate when buying food, gas and other items. Right now, Canada’s dollar is much stronger than the U.S.’s. Gas is more than a buck less in the U.S., and milk is nearly $5 a gallon less.

Many British Colombia license plates have been popping up in the Costco lot, preventing locals from finding spots, according to many Bellingham residents. Videos have been posted to YouTube showing long lines at checkout and a mad dash for cheap American milk in the store.

Things have gotten so bad for local residents that they have started a Facebook page with the pleading title, “Bellingham Costco Needs a Special Time Just for Americans.”

“It’s like the border dropped 25 miles. Americans should be able to find parking in their own country,” reads one post.

As of Tuesday morning, the Facebook page has more than 2,900 “Likes” and tons of debates between Americans and Canadians.

“It’s like going through Disneyland when you come to Costco here,” said one woman.

A senior vice president at Costco told CBC News that anyone with a Costco membership can shop at any store in the world.

As long as the exchange rate stays in favor of the neighbors to the north, the residents of Bellingham, Wash., can expect more of the same.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I can imagine how many jobs will be created by banning Canadians from shopping in USA.

Last edited:

ak168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check this out on Asychee. Just got this from a close lawyer firend here today and i just thought to share with you guys.
The company name that he and wife registered here in Edmonton shared the same name of a very reputable employment company in Philippine.

Source : http://mabintlservicesph.com/news/3

=======================================
MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) hits Alberta Ltd.

Posted date: 12:36 pm 07 Apr 2012
MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) hits Alberta Ltd. for riding on its 'high trust rating, good standing' among OFWs

THE management and staff of MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) were saddened to learn only recently that its acronym had been used by unscrupulous Canadian businessmen, who duped people mostly Filipinos seeking employment in Canada.

To set the record straight, MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) and 1438436 Alberta Ltd. carrying on business as "MABIS Recruitment Agency" are not sister companies nor affiliated to each other.

MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) was registered at the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and at the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in 2004 while 1438436 Alberta Ltd was registered at the Canadian Ministry of Service Alberta in 2007.

Filipino applicants together with existing foreign principals known MAB Int'l. Services Inc. as MABIS since 2004.

We, therefore, do not know why the owners of 1438436 Alberta Ltd. had carried on its business as "MABIS Recruitment Agency" other than to "ride on the high trust rating" and "good standing" being enjoyed by MAB Int'l. Services Inc. (MABIS) among the Filipino applicants, existing and new foreign principals as well as Philippine government authorities.

Apparently, the owners of 1438436 Alberta Ltd. identified as Alex Chee (Singaporean) and his wife, Velma Veloria (Filipino), who migrated to Canada, had a "clear, malicious and diabolical intention" in carrying on business as "MABIS Recruitment Agency in Canada."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What to do, no money mah ...if you have lots of money, can always go to USA for treatment leh.

For us average people, we are just glad that when we need health care, we can get it for almost free.

Our treatment option is not rationed by our ability to pay.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Our treatment option is not rationed by our ability to pay.

Precisely. In a system where the truth is that treatment option is rationed by ability to pay (as run by the businessmen and administrators/policy makers) it is the doctors and nurses who have to grapple with ethical dilemmas and accusations from the front line.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada needs to get competitive to attract skilled immigrants: Harper

STEVEN CHASE
MANILA — THE GLOBE AND MAIL
Last updated Saturday, Nov. 10 2012, 11:07 AM EST

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...act-skilled-immigrants-harper/article5179369/

Prime Minister Stephen Harper gestures while answering questions during the joint statement with Philippine President Benigno Aquino at the presidential palace in Manila November 10, 2012. Mr. Harper arrived in Manila on Friday for a three-day visit.
(ROMEO RANOCO /Reuters)

Stephen Harper believes a global demographic shift is under way, one that will force developed nations such as Canada into a furious competition for talented immigrants in the years ahead.

In some of his most expansive comments on the topic, the Prime Minister outlined the rationale behind his government’s fundamental overhaul of the country’s system for choosing immigrants – changes that some critics view as short-sighted and based purely on economic aims.

Transcript: Prime Minister Stephen Harper on international trade, politics and immigration
Blueprint Prime Minister Harper unveils grand plan to reshape Canada
Kenney announces upgrades to program aimed at attracting world's talent
“We are making profound, and to this point, not fully appreciated changes to our immigration system,” Mr. Harper said in an interview with The Globe and Mail as he was preparing for a brief visit to the Philippines, Canada’s top source for immigrants in recent years.

Mr. Harper says Canada must increase its efforts to recruit skilled immigrants because industrialized countries are turning to foreigners to make up for a shortfall in population growth and the fiscal pressures of supporting aging societies.

“The world is going to shift,” he said.

For decades, Canada has been among a small group of countries that accept immigrants. “There aren’t many. There is Canada, the United States, Australia, Israel and historically there are only about a half dozen,” Mr. Harper said.

“But we’re seeing as the demographic changes I’ve talked about, the aging population, start to bite, in many developed countries, we’re seeing their immigration needs and their actual immigration intakes beginning to increase.”

Nations are becoming increasingly aggressive in targeting and selecting newcomers. And Canada must step up its game or risk losing the cream of the immigration crop, he said.

“Immigrants are going to be going to a whole lot of countries, mostly in the developed world, and Canada is going to have to get out there, compete, and make sure we get the immigrants both in terms of volumes and particular attributes: skills, expertise and investment capacity.”

While Mr. Harper didn’t address it directly, the Conservative approach to immigration has also paid big dividends on the campaign trail. Middle-class immigrant voters who dominate the suburban ridings surrounding Toronto and, to a lesser extent, Vancouver were key to the Conservative victory in the last election.

In that sense, Conservatives in Canada have put together the very coalition that eluded Republicans in the United States and led to Barack Obama’s re-election on Tuesday.

While Mr. Harper would not address whether he was surprised by the Republican loss, he did say that attracting small-c conservatives “from every conceivable region and walk of life and background” is critical for his party.

The effort now, said Mr. Harper, is to shift the immigration system away from a “passive” operation that merely accepted people on a first-come, first-serve basis to one where newcomers are chosen according to how they can benefit Canada.

The old system “essentially operated on receiving applications and processing them in order,” the Prime Minister explained.

“When we took office, that had left us with, in every single stream [of applicants], backlogs of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of applications that we had been obliged by previous policy to literally process in order – without any regard to what the country’s actual immigration priorities were.”

A four-year-old immigration program that best embodies the Harper government’s approach is the Canadian Experience Class, an initiative that places a premium on attracting people who have already proven they can integrate into Canadian society and meet its labour-market needs. The top three countries of origin are China, India and the Philippines and the program is the fastest-growing category of newcomers to Canada.

“What we are trying to do in key categories, especially economic categories, is shift to an activist policy where we define what the immigration needs are that we want, where we actually go out and try and recruit immigrants and to the extent that we receive applications we try and prioritize them to the country’s objectives,” Mr. Harper said.

The Canadian Experience Class fast-tracks permanent residency applications for skilled foreign workers and graduate students who have spent time in Canada on temporary permits or student visas – ones that can demonstrate they are proficient in either English or French.

Before it was created, highly skilled outsiders could not become permanent residents from within Canada. Under the new program, applicants can apply from within Canada and expect a quicker decision – normally within one year.

Mr. Harper’s comments come as Ottawa announced it will review the Temporary Foreign Worker program, which brings thousands of foreign workers to Canada each year. Some argue the system lets foreigners take jobs from Canadians and creates a second class of labourers – putting a downward pressure on wages.

The new approach doesn’t necessarily mean more overall immigrants.

Ottawa has held immigration levels steady for seven years. Canada plans to admit between 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents in 2013 – the same annual target range it has set for immigration since 2007.

About 100,000 students and 200,000 temporary workers from foreign countries flood into Canada annually – a group the Conservatives feel offers the best prospects to enlist as new immigrants.

“This government is very pro-immigration,” Mr. Harper said. “This government believes Canada needs immigration, benefits from immigration and that those needs and benefits will become even greater in the future if this is done correctly."

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, Asychee has a friend who acknowledged his contribution !

I actually have a similar situation here in Oz. My fellow countrymen find me dodgy.. but unable to quote me which law that I violated..

Owning a Brothel is also legit mah... tsk tsk to all the cavemen out there..

It's all subjective and a matter of opinion. I understand asychee's point of views. Whether they are "right" or "wrong" is debatable.

But his views on certain things would greatly differ from mine as I found out later. Does that make him a "bad character"? It all depends how you define that. Personally I don't think asychee is "bad". He is just smarter.

As he would say, he is more "street smart", "thinks out of the box" and applies his "SWOT" to the fullest.

A case of deontology versus consequentialism.

No harm writing to asychee. He will give you many points of view very different from the crowd who are "less smart", people like me. If you get to know him then you might know why I say the two of you are similar. Both of you are survivors. Fighters. Hungry. Smart. Resourceful. Creative. Successful.

All the best birdie.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Finally, Asychee has a friend who acknowledged his contribution !

I actually have a similar situation here in Oz. My fellow countrymen find me dodgy.. but unable to quote me which law that I violated..

Owning a Brothel is also legit mah... tsk tsk to all the cavemen out there..

For the record, I do not think he regards me as his friend anymore. I have not spoken to him in more than a year, and he unfriended a big group of us Singaporeans from facebook.

If you are anything like that as well........:rolleyes:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the record, I do not think he regards me as his friend anymore. I have not spoken to him in more than a year, and he unfriended a big group of us Singaporeans from facebook.

If you are anything like that as well........:rolleyes:

Sometimes, it is the Singaporean traits problem.

When I was study in Uni where I made a comment that we should not share ideas for individual assignments. Later, the lecturer mark down all Singaporeans except me because of lack of originality. And the Singaporeans think that I was behind all these markdown.

He will probably find a more receptive crowd from the Near East Asia.