• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can You Live Without a Car in Singapore?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Having a car just mean slightly better quality of life. You can go out and come back home as and when you want. No need to be at the mercy of bus or MRT schedules. No need to be at the mercy of our weather, there's just too much rain through the year, those times when it's not raining, it's just way too hot.

If you have young children and without a car, walking and pushing a pram from your house to the nearest bus stop / LRT station may be the longest 100'ish m you have to walk. But of course, you may say I can always take a taxi. But there's always an abundance of taxi when you DON'T need one. The moment you need one, they all seem to disappear or decide to change shift together. Other times, they are always on the other side of the street, and when you cross over to the other side, they come over to the side where you were waiting previously.

10 years ago, I was not a car owner, and I didn't even have a driving license. Because like many of you, I saw no point given our highly "efficient" public transport. But after being snub by taxi drivers on bad weather days a few times, I told myself enough is enough. I value the freedom and quality of life that comes with private transport, and to me it is money well spent.

i thought there is a thing called Taxi.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fucktard

instead of posting an obviously internet downloaded audi pic and claiming you have one, why don't you post a photo of you holding a copy of today's newspaper standing beside your real audi.

i know you cannot. you will claim that why should you but everyone here know it is because you don't have it. :biggrin:

real fucktard.

why should i? because you love to know that i dun have it so it makes you feel better..well, all i can say is that be prepared to feel worse daily if you want to compare to me on status.