• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can we trust the pharmaceutical industry?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually simple way to control your medicine or pill intake that you never thought of.

1. Pill come in standard size and they say take one each day. They say only but you don't have to follow the instruction.

Train Test Split the pill....

2. you can Train Test Split the pill to see how your body react to the pill.

3. Split the pill into half, or pound the pill into powder form. Take half of it only.

4. train the pill... to see how the body feel with just taking half of the pill ... I say train the pill ahh... 听好好...

3. Test the pill.... the next visit to the doctor see what the doctor say from their testing procedures ... don't have to say you took half only, or else he get upset....

See. Many people never realise that they can take small step to train the pill to test your body, get the outcome from the doctor testing procedures and assessment about right dosage for you...

I have a friend daughter with health problem and complaint the pill make her daughter put on weight. Obviously the dosage of the pill is too much for her...

Told her to break the pill in half, train the pill. It works. This means it is the right dosage for her to take. Her daughter weight drop and health improved....

Sometimes you have to use fuzzy logic thinking ...... Try lah....

Like this covid vaccine, can train the vaccine take 50% dosage first, try lah?

Now ask this Canadian doctor for his assessment.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Psst if you like my bullshit click the like button.......
Tio lah KNN loctors won't have so much time to monitor so detailed with every single patients so they will just follow the standard way so we have to perform our own part KNN

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

Especially in healthcare it should all be volunteers who get no pay no financial rewards.
That is clearly a strawman. One should always be skeptical about how others who seek to influence you will benefit from your decisions. But I suppose that is beyond you. After all you are just a Dr. :rolleyes:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That is clearly a strawman. One should always be skeptical about how others who seek to influence you will benefit from your decisions. But I suppose that is beyond you. After all you are just a Dr. :rolleyes:
Yup I rank 4th in the top most untrustworthy professions.

Lol! Maybe you lawyer?

I wonder most trustworthy is who ar?

Maybe @Leongsam ?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It seems almost everyone I know is on statin medication. I refused to take it when my doc asked me to (I exercised my patient autonomy:biggrin:). I told him I will monitor myself, watch my own health. That was eight years ago. I am still alive.........for now.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems almost everyone I know is on statin medication. I refused to take it when my doc asked me to (I exercised my patient autonomy:biggrin:). I told him I will monitor myself, watch my own health. That was eight years ago. I am still alive.........for now.
KNN my uncle failed to carry out his patient autonomy by asking for triglycerides medicines and loctor leejected saying do exercise and go on diet KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The thing with LDL and cholesterol. It was never a disease on irs own. Just one of fhe risk factors for CVD.

No one has actually died because of high LD only.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The thing with LDL and cholesterol. It was never a disease on irs own. Just one of fhe risk factors for CVD.

No one has actually died because of high LD only.
Good that you confirm that high LD is no big deal.

I am currently on high BP med, which I intend to eventually wean off. Have done that before, just that since 2020 (because of covid) I have been drinking a lot of vodka and whiskey due to boredom (@nightsafari, you probably know that!:biggrin:), eating unhealthy and not exercising enough. Fucked myself up.:roflmao:

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other huge fraud is blood pressure meds.

Old school medicine used to be Systolic was 100 + (your age) for systolic pressure so if you were 60 then 160mmHg would not be a red flag.

Over the years however the "acceptable" upper limit has been gradually lowered by "studies" which are supposed to have shown that anything above 120/80 is considered to be hypertension even at 95.

It was estimated that for each 5mmHg less pharma makes an additional 1 billion a year from drug sales.
Totally agreed with Systolic was 100 + (your age), nowadays if you are more than 130/80, insurance policy will exclude diabetes, kidney failure & heart diseases from their policy meaning you will not be able to make claims if you suffer from those listed out

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I requested for statin and my Australian trained GP says no need. My cholesterol reading was high he says don't worry about it. I really like This GP.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The other huge fraud is blood pressure meds.

Old school medicine used to be Systolic was 100 + (your age) for systolic pressure so if you were 60 then 160mmHg would not be a red flag.

Over the years however the "acceptable" upper limit has been gradually lowered by "studies" which are supposed to have shown that anything above 120/80 is considered to be hypertension even at 95.

It was estimated that for each 5mmHg less pharma makes an additional 1 billion a year from drug sales.
Yeah.

Then the geriartricians and family Drs came out with other guides to say older people can have higher BP as the risk of falls from excessively low BP targets is also dangerous

Of course the cardiologists disagree.

Actualy there are many things where different Drs disagree with each other on what is best way to manage a condition.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I requested for statin and my Australian trained GP says no need. My cholesterol reading was high he says don't worry about it. I really like This GP.

I suppose he's looking at the ratio of HDL to LDL and has decided that you have plenty of good cholesterol so the total cholesterol is not a big issue.

I'm in the same category.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Same here at the age of 30 i was told to have to take it for the rest of my life. I check with a few Doctors and they all said the same thing. I was devastated. Because i was slim and fit i never believe i could have any problems so i ate very 'bad' choice of foods all along.

I do my own research and understand all i need is to change my diet and exercise and my cholesterol level would change is not a die die stuck thingy lol.............

I threw away the drugs till to date i've never touch it. 30+ years passed.
It's also from that time it really woke me up that society is not what it seems to be. There's a lot of ignorance and BS at every level. lol........ :P <3

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Same here at the age of 30 i was told to have to take it for the rest of my life. I check with a few Doctors and they all said the same thing. I was devastated. Because i was slim and fit i never believe i could have any problems so i ate very 'bad' choice of foods all along.

I do my own research and understand all i need is to change my diet and exercise and my cholesterol level would change is not a die die stuck thingy lol.............

I threw away the drugs till to date i've never touch it. 30+ years passed.
It's also from that time it really woke me up that society is not what it seems to be. There's a lot of ignorance and BS at every level. lol........ :P <3

Worst still recently i realized cholesterol levels is not the problem it's the inflammatory cells thingy in you that is or will be the death of you not totally cholesterol problem ! Is it true ?