• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can we trust the pharmaceutical industry?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is up to the patients what they want to do.

Patient autonomy. So if you dont trust them then dont.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
They are pushing these drugs on the old farts during their (mandatory?) annual medical checkups. :wink:
If you experience any pushing you have the right to complain to the college.

Patient autonomy. Drs and HCWs all have to respect that. No patient should do anything or have anything done they dont agree with and dont want.

Patient autonomy: The right of patients to make decisions about their medical care without their health care provider trying to influence the decision. Patient autonomy does allow for health care providers to educate the patient but does not allow the health care provider to make the decision for the patient.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If you experience any pushing you have the right to complain to the college.

Patient autonomy. Drs and HCWs all have to respect that. No patient should do anything or have anything done they dont agree with and dont want.

If the patients are being misled by pharma they're not going to make the best decisions.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If the patients are being misled by pharma they're not going to make the best decisions.
Well certainly Drs are not allowed to influence patients in any way.

We can provide education and information.

Patients have been determined to be the best ultimate decider.

I agree. If the information provided by pharma is wrong then they would be making wrong decisions based on that information. However even if drs know that the information is wrong all they can do is to provide information suggesting a different perspective. As they cannot influence they cannot say it is wrong or right. Just provide.

In the end it is up to the patient to decide what is best for them.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They are pushing these drugs on the old farts during their (mandatory?) annual medical checkups. :wink:

The other huge fraud is blood pressure meds.

Old school medicine used to be Systolic was 100 + (your age) for systolic pressure so if you were 60 then 160mmHg would not be a red flag.

Over the years however the "acceptable" upper limit has been gradually lowered by "studies" which are supposed to have shown that anything above 120/80 is considered to be hypertension even at 95.

It was estimated that for each 5mmHg less pharma makes an additional 1 billion a year from drug sales.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

Especially in healthcare it should all be volunteers who get no pay no financial rewards.
Doctors need to take profit too. But that is why a second opinion (or third) should be the norm.

I have experienced doctors who prescribe medicine after medicine after medicine to cover the side effects of the previous ones. Lastly, I quit seeing him and threw away his prescriptions and the symptoms went away naturally.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctors need to take profit too. But that is why a second opinion (or third) should be the norm.

I have experienced doctors who prescribe medicine after medicine after medicine to cover the side effects of the previous ones. Lastly, I quit seeing him and threw away his prescriptions and the symptoms went away naturally.
Why did you go to the dr in the first place? And what was the first medicine prescribed?

As I keep pointing out.

Patient autonomy!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...are-exert-your-patient-autonomy-2018050713784

Actually I am guessing your doctor was merely responding and doing what you wanted him to do for you. Most drs understand patient autonomy.

So you went to Dr with A symptom. You asked Dr can you give me med to stop A? Dr say ok there is medicine X. You say ok. You take it. Then you go back to him and say now I got B symptom. How? Dr say likely side effect of X. You want to stop X? You say but if I stop X then my A come back? Dr says possibly. You say ok got any medicine to help with B? Dr says ok yeah medicine Y. You say ok. You take X and Y now. You still got a bit of A and a bit of B but less but now got C. You go back to Dr. Hey Doc I got C now! Dr asks how you want to stop X and Y? You say but if stop then A and B get worse how? So Dr say ok I can give you Z to help with C. You say ok. Then now you taking X Y and Z. You still have a bit of A B and C. But now D. So you say fed up lah. Stop all. Stop already then only have A.

And you say ....see i smarter than the Dr. I only have A now.

Which if you think abiut it if A wasnt so serious why IN THE WORLD DID YOU HAVE TO GO SEE DR IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The problem nowadays is people cannot take any discomfort and suffering. And if go see Dr for small thing and Dr tell you small thing lah dont take meds you will say what kind of fucked up Dr is that? Right?

Think about it.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why did you go to the dr in the first place? And what was the first medicine prescribed?

As I keep pointing out.

Patient autonomy!

Actually I am guessing your doctor was merely responding and doing what you wanted him to do for you. Most drs understand patient autonomy.

So you went to Dr with A symptom. You asked Dr can you give me med to stop A? Dr say ok there is medicine X. You say ok. You take it. Then you go back to him and say now I got B symptom. How? Dr say likely side effect of X. You want to stop X? You say but if I stop X then my A come back? Dr says possibly. You say ok got any medicine to help with B? Dr says ok yeah medicine Y. You say ok. You take X and Y now. You still got a bit of A and a bit of B but less but now got C. You go back to Dr. Hey Doc I got C now! Dr asks how you want to stop X and Y? You say but if stop then A and B get worse how? So Dr say ok I can give you Z to help with C. You say ok. Then now you taking X Y and Z. You still have a bit of A B and C. But now D. So you say fed up lah. Stop all. Stop already then only have A.

And you say ....see i smarter than the Dr. I only have A now.

Which if you think abiut it if A wasnt so serious why IN THE WORLD DID YOU HAVE TO GO SEE DR IN THE FIRST PLACE!

The problem nowadays is people cannot take any discomfort and suffering. And if go see Dr for small thing and Dr tell you small thing lah dont take meds you will say what kind of fucked up Dr is that? Right?

Think about it.
Actually his body language/his attitude/his penchant at cutting you off/his choice of words/his eagerness to sell medication which is not covered by my insurance/his endless reminders to come back, gives me that uneasy feeling that he is out to just make money.
Some other doctor take plenty of time to ask questions and patiently 'hears' the answers given and will stop talking and listen to you for whatever else symptoms that you want to describe and spend lots of time with you.

Thank Allah that I stopped seeing that neuro.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually his body language/his attitude/his penchant at cutting you off/his choice of words/his eagerness to sell medication which is not covered by my insurance/his endless reminders to come back, gives me that uneasy feeling that he is out to just make money.
Some other doctor take plenty of time to ask questions and patiently 'hears' the answers given and will stop talking and listen to you for whatever else symptoms that you want to describe and spend lots of time with you.

Thank Allah that I stopped seeing that neuro.

Then it is your fault that you never exercise your PATIENT AUTONOMY.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then it is your fault that you never exercise your PATIENT AUTONOMY.

You are right. That was until I researched and reviewed the whole experienced, did I then took control.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You are right. That was until I researched and reviewed the whole experienced, did I then took control.
Have you ever tried going for counseling?

The counselors will book you for 1 hour. If you choose to talk and talk and talk. They will listen. Then times up. Ok see you next time. They never say anything sometimes. Say will discuss next visit.

I think drs shoudl bill like that also. By time.

So patient decides how many minutes they want. Say they want 10 min. Then pay for 10 min. Patient talk a lot 10 min up sorry times up. You come back another time. But dr you never do anytjing....yeah sorry times up. You keep talking i listen what. Next time i talk.

Can?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually simple way to control your medicine or pill intake that you never thought of.

1. Pill come in standard size and they say take one each day. They say only but you don't have to follow the instruction.

Train Test Split the pill....

2. you can Train Test Split the pill to see how your body react to the pill.

3. Split the pill into half, or pound the pill into powder form. Take half of it only.

4. train the pill... to see how the body feel with just taking half of the pill ... I say train the pill ahh... 听好好...

3. Test the pill.... the next visit to the doctor see what the doctor say from their testing procedures ... don't have to say you took half only, or else he get upset....

See. Many people never realise that they can take small step to train the pill to test your body, get the outcome from the doctor testing procedures and assessment about right dosage for you...

I have a friend daughter with health problem and complaint the pill make her daughter put on weight. Obviously the dosage of the pill is too much for her...

Told her to break the pill in half, train the pill. It works. This means it is the right dosage for her to take. Her daughter weight drop and health improved....

Sometimes you have to use fuzzy logic thinking ...... Try lah....

Like this covid vaccine, can train the vaccine take 50% dosage first, try lah?

Now ask this Canadian doctor for his assessment.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Psst if you like my bullshit click the like button.......

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually simple way to control your medicine or pill intake that you never thought of.

1. Pill come in standard size and they say take one each day. They say only but you don't have to follow the instruction.

Train Test Split the pill....

2. you can Train Test Split the pill to see how your body react to the pill.

3. Split the pill into half, or pound the pill into powder form. Take half of it only.

4. train the pill... to see how the body feel with just taking half of the pill ... I say train the pill ahh... 听好好...

3. Test the pill.... the next visit to the doctor see what the doctor say from their testing procedures ... don't have to say you took half only, or else he get upset....

See. Many people never realise that they can take small step to train the pill to test your body, get the outcome from the doctor testing procedures and assessment about right dosage for you...

I have a friend daughter with health problem and complaint the pill make her daughter put on weight. Obviously the dosage of the pill is too much for her...

Told her to break the pill in half, train the pill. It works. This means it is the right dosage for her to take. Her daughter weight drop and health improved....

Sometimes you have to use fuzzy logic thinking ...... Try lah....

Like this covid vaccine, can train the vaccine take 50% dosage first, try lah?

Now ask this Canadian doctor for his assessment.... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Psst if you like my bullshit click the like button.......
I agree.

This whole one size fits all approach does not work best for individual patients.

However it is a total gong show if you have to titrate every single medication for every individual patient.

Do you know how long it will take and how ineffecient the process will be?

Having the dr help recommend a dosing rather than all start low and go slow can accelerate the treatment process and duration.

Again. Remember always. Patient autonomy. You know best not your dr. But by same token dont blame your dr if you not getting results when you calling the shots.