• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Option Trading make me a Millionaire?

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone attended / attempted Miriam Mcwilliams?

I attended her introduction seminar but she wasn't there but few young gals and guys. So one of the gals started the sales talk and put up some basic chart. Only ignorance will find it convincing. So during Q&A I asked her how much she has made so far and tell us roughly how much she thinks she is worth. She didnt reply specifically but trying to beat abt the bush. i stood up and left never to ans any call from them anymore. While i was driving out the carpark i saw her waiting for a CAB??? A millionaire indeed.
But if you study maria'
m success, she was just lucky after years of trying and was at the right time and right market at the time when the market was booming. So guys...think..like asam said..if they can make million do you think esp singaporean will want to slog and shre their techinic?? Warren buffet admitted he was wrong abt the market this time?? But those idiots do not admit anything...btw did you read the disclaimer, read it and u will know that you aagreed to part with your money...

MrLobo

The theory to this kind of business model is very simple. In fact, so simple that you see many adverts in the papers nowadays, options, FX, futures, etc etc.

1) Dress well
2) Look Rich and successful with a story
3) Promise the sky
4) Charge for the course
5) Get the attendees to open account with affiliated firms
6) Generate IB fees from (5)

Income is generated from 4,5 and 6, especially 6 is a recurring income

Its true you can make money from either market going north or south.
So some of the students will go north, some south. 50% will make money.
Of these 50%, half of them will make money again.

Some of these will be made as "success stories" to entice more people to come forward to be millionaires.

The rest are probably too shameful to admit they lost money , attribute it to bad luck, or wonder if there is something wrong with themselves. Of those who saw the light, there is nothing they can do, as dome found out when they tried to warn others. They were sued.

Even those who initially made money will eventually lose, unless they found the holy grail to read the markets (less chance than kena Toto).

I've been in the derivatives business for so long I know. I also know there is a sucker born every minute, which is why you see so many adverts that do not comply to MAS laws and regulations, EVERYDAY.

Yes, you can make money in FX, options and futures trading, but you have to be a broker or dealer or introducing broker and that is a very stressful and full time job.

Lastly, however promising it looks, do not part with your money for the course. I once had a friend who wanted to quit his job and took up the course, paying about $3K for it and investing a lot more. Its useless what I tell him, even when he seek me out for advice. So experience was the best teacher.

Just like experience will be the best teacher for you and your friend, as I can sense that you too will jump in.

Hope that helps, and if you do it, may the year of the OX be kind to you.

:cool:

hi bros

i had attended stocks,options and FX course by T** you know who everyday can see their adverts on newspaper. what you just said is true. this is exactly what they are doing. i seen and hear them all and they sure know how to bullshit and cheat money

dress well
act knowledgable and talk all economics and finance bull shit
appears very "honest", "helpful", "nice", helping newbies how to become a full time trader

their trading system is "great" 80% results, it is never the system fault.
of coz that is because they are cherry picking when you attend their preview or courses.

if you lose then it is your fault, because you never follow their 1001 rules, believe me you will sure break a rule because there is 10001 of them.

or it is the markets fault, market choppy, volatile, lack of liquidity

i know their newspaper advert is very tempting but pls pls dun waste your money.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree 100% that he will turn you into a millionaire. The 1st pre-requisite is Prior to that you must be a trllionaire or atleast a billionaire.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Prataman is to conduct a motivational speech of how to become a billionairs simply by cutting ribbons and shaking hands, I am sure it will be full house of about half Singapore big. LHL has already privately learned his skill, that is why he always escaped from critical issue and enjoy partying.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bros

i had attended stocks,options and FX course by T** you know who everyday can see their adverts on newspaper. what you just said is true. this is exactly what they are doing. i seen and hear them all and they sure know how to bullshit and cheat money

dress well
appears very "honest", "helpful", "nice", helping newbies how to become a full time trader

of coz that is because they are cherry picking when you attend their preview or courses.

if you lose then it is your fault, because you never follow their 1001 rules, believe me you will sure break a rule because there is 10001 of them.

i know their newspaper advert is very tempting but pls pls dun waste your money.

Thanks. Very good comments. Appreciate.

kylie72

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I did ask my friend this question. My friend said Clement Chiang has made his millions and driving a BMW. And he now wants to impart his option trading wisdom to the public so that others can benefit from it. Something like doing charity work for the benefit of mankind.

FWahhhhahahahahahah!!!!!hahahahahah!!!......

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I did ask my friend this question. My friend said Clement Chiang has made his millions and driving a BMW. And he now wants to impart his option trading wisdom to the public so that others can benefit from it. Something like doing charity work for the benefit of mankind.

HaHaha!!!!!!
i know of friends who do trading for living. they don't give courses. but they do shares their trading experience with new trader at no cost when they free. those who charge money on this i belive they cannot make money out of trading so have to teach lor.

Trading is 一胆二力钱三功夫!or one gut two money three skill.
u see skill come last, so gut and money is very important la.

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN what option la????
if the cos is 3 k, save it la. take and go buy citigroup share, i think now it around usd 1.60 a share. somemore no expire date.
the most your lost sgd 3k if nationalise, but you gain can be unlimited if citi turn around.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN what option la????
if the cos is 3 k, save it la. take and go buy citigroup share, i think now it around usd 1.60 a share. somemore no expire date.
the most your lost sgd 3k if nationalise, but you gain can be unlimited if citi turn around.

Good idea. Maybe you should apply for that job vacated by Madam Ho :biggrin:

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

I saw the website www.freely.com and must say it does look very impressive.

Yah. The website is very impressive. Join in and throw whatever money you have in hand there. Don't worry about retirement if you are Singaporean. The government will take care of you till you reach 95!

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. The website is very impressive. Join in and throw whatever money you have in hand there. Don't worry about retirement if you are Singaporean. The government will take care of you till you reach 95!

Yah ! Hakkas will take care of your backside needs, you piece of keling shit that God created out of leftover material!

johnboy_sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

I saw the website www.freely.com and must say it does look very impressive.

Clemen Chiang.....with a name like that, he has left the T to crucify u guys. Only Richard Tan believes him, cos Richard does not give a damn. He just take a portion of the cut from the attendees.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
somehow, a lot of people attending his courses leh. but heard recently he fake his academic degree and kena sued.

Let me relate this to you. I have a friend who was thinking of doing trading for a living attended his course (2004-2005), he was one of the first batch of students from Clemence Chiang. After the course he did make money from the trading at first. Then he started losing.

The last I know, my friend owed the bank money and eventually have to give up his dream and started working in a bank.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the course he did make money from the trading at first. Then he started losing.

The last I know, my friend owed the bank money and eventually have to give up his dream and started working in a bank.

Nowadays because of the recession its a very tough market. Using fundamental analysis doesn't seem to work. :(

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays because of the recession its a very tough market. Using fundamental analysis doesn't seem to work. :(

He did not lose when market was down. The market was going up at that time (2004-2005).

Fundamental analysis uses the company's performance in the past to judge its value. I do not really have high regards for this field mainly because the numbers confuses me. Technical is simpler and more "real time".

But the one that I find very interesting is Contrarion. It is fundamental in nature but keep going the opposite way.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fundamental analysis uses the company's performance in the past to judge its value. I do not really have high regards for this field mainly because the numbers confuses me. Technical is simpler and more "real time".

With the current market conditions, no one knows where the market is heading :(

Thats why I agree technical analysis is more effective, it helps one to do scalping in real time :smile:

As for this Clemen Chiang course, people should look at it as a "how to" course. Probably cheaper to get some books but some may prefer to attend courses.

Why is it that some people are looking for some guru to follow:smile: Haven't they had enough of LKY :rolleyes: Trading is not easy & not something you can pick up from a 10 year series:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the current market conditions, no one knows where the market is heading :(

Thats why I agree technical analysis is more effective, it helps one to do scalping in real time :smile:

As for this Clemen Chiang course, people should look at it as a "how to" course. Probably cheaper to get some books but some may prefer to attend courses.

Why is it that some people are looking for some guru to follow:smile: Haven't they had enough of LKY :rolleyes: Trading is not easy & not something you can pick up from a 10 year series:biggrin:

Guru is definitely an no-no thing. If he is that good, there is no need for him to gain followers. The fact is that those propagating their techniques can see that theirs is not a sure win thing and bound to fail one day. Its safer and more profitable to teach others and collect money from them.

I was already told before hand that the odds on option trading is stack against the buyer, there is only around 25% chance of winning. worse still there is a limit on trading time frame and the your return is 0 when time is up.

I attended Clemen Chiang's preview and I was not impressed. The technical stuffs that Clemen Chaing applied is relatively at entry level such as moving average. He also depends a lot on fundamental that I do not like.

Robert01

When you know what you are doing, there are also far more trading opportunities with relatively lower risk compared to merely buying or selling the underlying. Usually, the options of leverage can control a bulk amount of the original stock for relatively small capital expenditure compared with buying or selling the underlying tool. This makes options more attractive because there exists higher profits on investment than just trading the original instrument.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can gauge the up and down mkt make a precise call, you will be millionaire in any thing you do.

It take awhile to learn and make some, it take a few sec to lose your pants.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bros

dress well

Your T** is it T3B?

T3B is a bloody bullshit conman company. I attended their courses, and I never made any money from the software. I kept on cutting loss but never made any money. Fake and bullshit.

They are just like another Clemen Chiang. Please dont attend them, waste of money and never works. Did anyone managed to get their money back?