• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Option Trading make me a Millionaire?

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true but can you predict the market correctly to profit from it? Options are supposed to be used as a hedging instrument and not money making. I think you are better off investing in your Monday and Thursday TOTO. :biggrin:

with good understanding of the market, options are very good leveraging tools. I don't think you should restrict the use of option to just hedging.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is another option trader.

Clement method can be very risky. You can make alot in 1 trade. You can die also in 1 trade.

You obviously haven't gone to Clement's lesson... be careful he sue your for defamation... his course revolve around risk management, by not putting too many eggs in one basket. he also propose a capital risk of not more than 3% if i remember correctly

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously haven't gone to Clement's lesson... be careful he sue your for defamation... his course revolve around risk management, by not putting too many eggs in one basket. he also propose a capital risk of not more than 3% if i remember correctly
Eh? Only 3% of risk and return? Like that how to be a millionaire? He said my destiny is to be a millionaire.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received this from an insider friend. Wonder if it is true.

-------

Indeed, Clement Chiang promotes himself very well on his website (www.freely.com/about-freely.html). But all you needed is to google and some common sense to know that some things he proclaims just aren’t that right.

Clement Chiang claimed to have a PhD degree from a ‘Preston University’, which in actual fact is not a University but a business entity. Preston is probably a degree mill (http://dictionary.bnet.com/definition/degree+mill.html), according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_University) and The Chronicle (http://chronicle.com/news/article/?id=1808). Degree mills will ship to anyone any academic certificate as long as they are paid a tidy sum of money. If what Wikipedia said is true, then Clement Chiang probably bought his PhD to call himself ‘Dr Chiang’.

According to the University of Louisville (http://delphi.louisville.edu/distance/student/), where Clement Chiang gets his MBA, students can complete their studies without ever entering a classroom. Have you heard of MBA classes without classroom interaction at all? Even if there is, then you ought to question its academic worthiness? Is it just a cheap and easy MBA program?

On Clement Chiang’s Chinese website (http://www.freely.com/chinese/), he claimed to graduate from 普林斯顿大学. This is actually the name of Princeton University, an 100+ years old Ivy League University. Apparently, Preston choose to have the same Chinese name as Princeton University, even the English pronunciation sounds almost identical. Pure coincidental or outright misleading? You decide.

I am confused whether Clement Chiang is a marketing guy or an investment person. He claimed to be a fellow of Chartered Institute of Marketing, Marketing Council Asia, Chartered Management Institute and International Professional Managers Association. If you are an Engineer, you join associations like Institute of Engineers. If you are into investment, you join SIAS. Further, why choose CIM, CMI and IPMA which are all based in Europe, when Clement Chiang himself is conducting investment courses in Singapore and Malaysia? These organizations do have big names but have nothing to do with investment or option trading.

Clement Chiang also claimed to be a fellow of Marketing Council Asia. I’m not sure if this organization exists as I google nothing. But in all fairness, there is another chap (http://www.bawany.com.sg/advisor.htm) who claimed that he is the founder of Marketing Council Asia, and he also has a Preston degree.

Clement Chiang likes to throw in a lot of big names into his introduction, like CNBC and Stanford University. Clement Chiang claimed to be a recipient of the Shah Family Prize by this Stanford Professor for his good ECA records. But Clement's ex-NTU classmate revealed that he was asked to resign (voted off?) as a student leader during his college days. I am not able to ascertain this fact. But if it is indeed true, then Clement's good ECA record is only the rosy first half.

Towards the end of his introduction, he claimed to receive the ‘Key to the City’ by a US mayor, apparently given to esteemed visitors and residents. Yeah right, even a bunch of kids (http://kysoccer.info/open/2006/javanon.87/red.carpet.louisville.pdf) who won a soccer tournament received the so call key.

In fairness, the above are my findings based on google search and hearsay. I do not mean to discredit Clement Chiang or the university and organization he is representing. From a marketing point of view, Clement Chiang do package himself very well and able to convince others into believing his expertise in option investment trading.

There are plenty of such investment talks in the public, and most do not come cheap. They are all after your money. You have to be very mindful on where you spend your money, Peter. Like all investment vehicles, options trading can be an effective cash generating vehicle if you know it inside out. The fundamental is simple, high returns come with high risks. Invest wisely.

Last edited:

wbtym

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow people in this forum very good in digging dirt. I like!
Your money is better off with a success coach that builds up your confidence and makes you believe you can excel at what you do rather than someone who promises you will make millions (viet dong maybe) after attending the course.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it is really tempting with this get-rich approach. I have been trading stocks for the past 2 years and lost some money. Not a lot, but still quite painful. But like what Mr Chiang said, option trading can make me money even if the market go south. Is that true?

The theory to this kind of business model is very simple. In fact, so simple that you see many adverts in the papers nowadays, options, FX, futures, etc etc.

1) Dress well
2) Look Rich and successful with a story
3) Promise the sky
4) Charge for the course
5) Get the attendees to open account with affiliated firms
6) Generate IB fees from (5)

Income is generated from 4,5 and 6, especially 6 is a recurring income

Its true you can make money from either market going north or south.
So some of the students will go north, some south. 50% will make money.
Of these 50%, half of them will make money again.

Some of these will be made as "success stories" to entice more people to come forward to be millionaires.

The rest are probably too shameful to admit they lost money , attribute it to bad luck, or wonder if there is something wrong with themselves. Of those who saw the light, there is nothing they can do, as dome found out when they tried to warn others. They were sued.

Even those who initially made money will eventually lose, unless they found the holy grail to read the markets (less chance than kena Toto).

I've been in the derivatives business for so long I know. I also know there is a sucker born every minute, which is why you see so many adverts that do not comply to MAS laws and regulations, EVERYDAY.

Yes, you can make money in FX, options and futures trading, but you have to be a broker or dealer or introducing broker and that is a very stressful and full time job.

Lastly, however promising it looks, do not part with your money for the course. I once had a friend who wanted to quit his job and took up the course, paying about $3K for it and investing a lot more. Its useless what I tell him, even when he seek me out for advice. So experience was the best teacher.

Just like experience will be the best teacher for you and your friend, as I can sense that you too will jump in.

Hope that helps, and if you do it, may the year of the OX be kind to you.

:cool:

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
you will get absolutely destroyed.

my options traders all either have a phd in a mathematical discipline or are highly intuitive mathematically

sunsand

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

I saw the website www.freely.com and must say it does look very impressive.

dear friend, such seminar are rather informative for the beginner. but it aint gonna make u an instant millionaire. if so, this clement chiang fella dont need to open up any school already.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he can teach you to make millions, why doesn't he make millions for himself so he can relax at home instead of having to conduct investment seminars. :rolleyes:

Precisely - If I am to learn from him, might as well learn from Sam himself.

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
If so many singaporeans are suckers.. .. maybe should consider training up to become the next "Guru".. haha..

Dont even have to show them the records of your transaction.. just show them you are rich?.. those suckers...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he can teach you to make millions, why doesn't he make millions for himself so he can relax at home instead of having to conduct investment seminars. :rolleyes:

Hahaha , another young chap who just want to make money without doing his home work. If he can make millions, he will be relaxing home and leading a good life. What for risk his own reputation ? and also why teach you technique to make money ?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
somehow, a lot of people attending his courses leh. but heard recently he fake his academic degree and kena sued.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday, my friend chio me to join him sign up for an option investment seminar by a chap call Clement Chiang. I think he started a company call Freely Business School. He promised to make us very rich and within months of option investment, I can relac at home with my millions.

Anyone attended the seminar before? Can share comments? It is worth signing up and paying for the seminar?

make you a millionaire , NO.
make you a bankrupt , YES.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

If this guy is so damn good, he wud be a billionaire now. Why does he still have to give seminars for a living? Philantropy? altruism? Improve his karma?

lol.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you believe you can just pay a sum of money, sit at home, then the money 2 times, 3times, 100times, 1000times, 1,000,000times will come to you? do you believe this? how old are you?