• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying a property Leasehold or freehold better??

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have house in Philippines, I born in sing local Chinese dun really like staying in sing, every time open letter box sure got something to pay! Actually I got 2 house oversea, just sold 1 away, until I visit this forum I focus now turn to JB. Cos it's very near, dun need to take aeroplane! I spent so much on air ticket already, and sometimes very scare flying here and there, sometimes my heart also jump out when the plane jerked.

Now I got a letter, bank willing to loan only 50%, if I buy a 4 room flat which cost $405k which condition not so good compare to a penthouse in JB only at $230k sing. I am really vex now, dun know should I buy 4 room flat here or the prop in JB!.? :*: I sold my flat to pay full for my prop in Philippines, really regret , should buy JB better!! Taman Laguna very good to consider....

Pls help..... If my kids can have a place to study then best,,. ... Really headache .
Anyone know those yellow bus fetching kids to school from JB to sing?? I can't find online? Urgent!!

The agent want me to pay 10% for prop in JB. I got few more days to decide. Already got ready cash to pay. I need more infor how Is the best place for them to attend school. Yellow bus number anyone!??

Oh, since now u hv overseas properties, u also can't buy Hdb ma.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
And its always Good Kind Samaritan Bro Wuqi to the rescue!

God Bless U! :biggrin:

Wow, bro wuqi, u r more power than god?! Ask something , immediate have already ! Really superman!

Now I can relax and buy the prop I want already, yesterday was thinking whether to buy in sing or JB, now I got the yellow bus my prayer answered already! :smile:

Bro wuqi, can give me 4 numbers?? I buy 4 D, kana will buy u seafood!:biggrin: Thks bro!

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Overseas prop, how can they find out? It's under my wife's name. I think better buy JB , sing so strict, everything pap can earn we want to make small profit also restricted... Penthouse, I' m coming!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow, bro wuqi, u r more power than god?! Ask something , immediate have already ! Really superman!

Now I can relax and buy the prop I want already, yesterday was thinking whether to buy in sing or JB, now I got the yellow bus my prayer answered already! :smile:

Bro wuqi, can give me 4 numbers?? I buy 4 D, kana will buy u seafood!:biggrin: Thks bro!

Just happened to know only, i still owe some bros information about security camera, etc.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still working, no choice. Everyone always say they busy but how many are really that busy? :(

Take it easy bro with max something. Think he really pissed u off!

I just know that Malaysian dun really like their country but they like sing very much !
On the contrary, some Singaporeans like Malaysia and not sing. How good if sing can help to make Malaysia peace and order then Malaysia will be loved by everyone. Dun need to debate on who is right or wrong. Let those who want to do anything or stay wherever they want and let each of them do whatever they like and dun complain. Dun critizise anyone or any country. No one is perfect and no country is perfect!

Singapore would be a country for the super rich, if it's not for them, some want to act to be rich, and majority will be struggling for 3 meAls and meet ends needs!
Let one to make their own choice and be contented. Somehow we r born here but somehow it make us think we dun belong here! We been long enough in sing and know much more than those just join in, they just haven't feel the pinch! No place is perfect! All I know this world is all about money, money makes the world go round, some ppl do crazy things for money! Hope Tml will be better for everyone! May the good hearted live long and the evil one perish so this world would be a better place to live!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Take it easy bro with max something. Think he really pissed u off!

I just know that Malaysian dun really like their country but they like sing very much !
On the contrary, some Singaporeans like Malaysia and not sing. How good if sing can help to make Malaysia peace and order then Malaysia will be loved by everyone. Dun need to debate on who is right or wrong. Let those who want to do anything or stay wherever they want and let each of them do whatever they like and dun complain. Dun critizise anyone or any country. No one is perfect and no country is perfect!

Singapore would be a country for the super rich, if it's not for them, some want to act to be rich, and majority will be struggling for 3 meAls and meet ends needs!
Let one to make their own choice and be contented. Somehow we r born here but somehow it make us think we dun belong here! We been long enough in sing and know much more than those just join in, they just haven't feel the pinch! No place is perfect! All I know this world is all about money, money makes the world go round, some ppl do crazy things for money! Hope Tml will be better for everyone! May the good hearted live long and the evil one perish so this world would be a better place to live!

Thanks, its actually not him personally but the general attitude i have been receiving. I prefer to work with facts and not hearsay or third hand information as much as possible.

Its as if they are saying no Malaysian will succeed but yet i see so many successful people who helped themselves succeed when no one will. No one owes us a living they say when talking to Singaporeans but then they complain how come their government don't take care of them! I am not going to stop anyone from complaining about their own country so i expect the same courtesy as well.

Even in SF, i met a colleague who is from Malaysia and we talked about the food in Johore. He is very very successful. There are also lots of colleagues in Singapore who are Malaysians and drawing very respectable pay. Some of them make it sound as if everyone in Singapore is well fed and have good jobs/education, etc. Anyway i digressed, thats why i didn't want to continue the argument further. Many are still unaware of the stop at 2 or other disasterous policies that left an entire generation of people without their dreams and careers, working only in menial or low end jobs.

To those who want to use their country (regardless of which country) as an excuse for doing nothing to improve their lives, i cannot say anything, its their life.
If it makes you happy to be 46 years old, still stuck between jobs and have no interest to upgrade oneself, then its your life if you continue to choose to sit there and do nothing.

To those who think Singapore and/or Malaysia are perfect, more power to you. The spirit of this thread was to help people do something, especially Singaporeans to know that there are still options, not to talk about which country is superior.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree but they can't know every house that you have overseas. Just like some guys who proudly said to my colleague, even if i sell 2 overseas properties and show to HDB, how would they know i have more houses in other countries? Its not as if they have jurisdiction in my country!!

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree but they can't know every house that you have overseas. Just like some guys who proudly said to my colleague, even if i sell 2 overseas properties and show to HDB, how would they know i have more houses in other countries? Its not as if they have jurisdiction in my country!!

Coz we need to declare if we hv any overseas properties when buy fr Hdb. Just dun get caught else flat will be confiscated I heard. . I think usually this cases are more whistle blowing cases. Anyway I m glad that mr khaw gg to think of ways to let singles buy bto soon , hopefully price won't increase so much by then.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree 100 percent, they have been setting rules that only penalise Singaporeans who are traceable. Foreigners can declare anything they want and can't tell whether true or not.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, its actually not him personally but the general attitude i have been receiving. I prefer to work with facts and not hearsay or third hand information as much as possible.

Its as if they are saying no Malaysian will succeed but yet i see so many successful people who helped themselves succeed when no one will. No one owes us a living they say when talking to Singaporeans but then they complain how come their government don't take care of them! I am not going to stop anyone from complaining about their own country so i expect the same courtesy as well.

Even in SF, i met a colleague who is from Malaysia and we talked about the food in Johore. He is very very successful. There are also lots of colleagues in Singapore who are Malaysians and drawing very respectable pay. Some of them make it sound as if everyone in Singapore is well fed and have good jobs/education, etc. Anyway i digressed, thats why i didn't want to continue the argument further. Many are still unaware of the stop at 2 or other disasterous policies that left an entire generation of people without their dreams and careers, working only in menial or low end jobs.

To those who want to use their country (regardless of which country) as an excuse for doing nothing to improve their lives, i cannot say anything, its their life.
If it makes you happy to be 46 years old, still stuck between jobs and have no interest to upgrade oneself, then its your life if you continue to choose to sit there and do nothing.

To those who think Singapore and/or Malaysia are perfect, more power to you. The spirit of this thread was to help people do something, especially Singaporeans to know that there are still options, not to talk about which country is superior.

Yes it is the general attitude. All the talk about PR paying tax and work contribution. I think paying tax is a given for earning an income in SIngapore, nothing worth mentioning. Singaporeans don't pay tax and have no work contribution meh?

Haha I like your sentence about "No one owe us a living they say when talking to Singaporeans but they complain how come their government dont take care of them."

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having dilemma whether to go ahead or not. Heard many things happened in Malaysia ....

Tml have to settle the payment, still short of $1700?

Headache headache headache

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Having dilemma whether to go ahead or not. Heard many things happened in Malaysia ....

What happened? Is it bad? Please share so that we can help understand.
Not to worry, you can always delay it by a week or two for the payment.
Take care.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

$1700 is not a big sum of money , try to borrow from close friends or relatives.
Is there any serious things happened in Malaysia which we are not aware ?
Yesterday I just went in with mother , sister and a baby boy , everything is okay

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened? Is it bad? Please share so that we can help understand.
Not to worry, you can always delay it by a week or two for the payment.
Take care.

I managed to give rm 4 k lesser, cos I told agent I am waiting for my money from sales of house in sing, tired to borrow but some told me dun buy Malaysia , they said very dangerous. I have to make a smart decision, so I dun listen to anyone and just go for signing the S&P. Went to lawyer office, seller also there, very professional handle of signing of documents, although the building not so convincing ....

I stay in Philippines where it is more dangerous cos many ppl got guns , the worse place I have been, not to mention about JB. Just now went in everything also ok. Applied MACS at holiday plaza and everything is ok! I just feel that we have to make decision on ourself and not listen to others.!!!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's great! Good news. Hope u will get to snuggle in your new home soon! Bravo! :smile:

I managed to give rm 4 k lesser, cos I told agent I am waiting for my money from sales of house in sing, tired to borrow but some told me dun buy Malaysia , they said very dangerous. I have to make a smart decision, so I dun listen to anyone and just go for signing the S&P. Went to lawyer office, seller also there, very professional handle of signing of documents, although the building not so convincing ....

I stay in Philippines where it is more dangerous cos many ppl got guns , the worse place I have been, not to mention about JB. Just now went in everything also ok. Applied MACS at holiday plaza and everything is ok! I just feel that we have to make decision on ourself and not listen to others.!!!

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1700 is not a big sum of money , try to borrow from close friends or relatives.
Is there any serious things happened in Malaysia which we are not aware ?
Yesterday I just went in with mother , sister and a baby boy , everything is okay

Ya 1700 not big sum, as I only out of the sudden wanting to buy JB, actually planning to buy in sing, went to see many unit around my place from EM to 3 rooms, after much thinking, not worth to pay so much for a smaller house. I bought a unit in JB condo penthouse 3 level for less than a 3 rooms! As many will know flats now really gone bananas on prices and it's size really can't accommodate all my things from a 5 room flat! I can't really move into a 3 room flat! I choose condo cos it's safer and not easy for breaks in. So my final decision will be buying a prop in JB no matter what! My family all got MACs also my maid. Will go back phil with my maid and cancel her work permit in sing and apply work permit for her in Malaysia.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya 1700 not big sum, as I only out of the sudden wanting to buy JB, actually planning to buy in sing, went to see many unit around my place from EM to 3 rooms, after much thinking, not worth to pay so much for a smaller house. I bought a unit in JB condo penthouse 3 level for less than a 3 rooms! As many will know flats now really gone bananas on prices and it's size really can't accommodate all my things from a 5 room flat! I can't really move into a 3 room flat! I choose condo cos it's safer and not easy for breaks in. So my final decision will be buying a prop in JB no matter what! My family all got MACs also my maid. Will go back phil with my maid and cancel her work permit in sing and apply work permit for her in Malaysia.

Great tat u made e decision. Happy staying!