• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Burn opium China national hero Lin Zexu was Hokkien

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Northern Han Chinese are not true Chinese anyway. They associate mandarin as part of chineseness but mandarin is a bastardised Manchu language. Standardised mandarin was enforced by the Manchus...So embracing mandarin as the Chinese language is like the ah nehs embracing English as the Indian national language.

How can it be same as ah nehs using English when mandarin is based on same Chinese words as Cantonese or Hokkien etc? Come to think of it Cantonese alot of words are only phonetic using Chinese words with no meaning like 好嘢 ho ye.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rubbish i am not changing subject at all but said Lin Zexu made good govt official and was good govt for the province that he was posted to
I would agree with you if I was talking about provincial governments right from the start, but I was not, right? :wink:
So when you said:
Just because you are evil and hypocritical mudlander bastard, you said no good govt around all evil and hypocritical.
you were assuming that I included non-national governments, in order to prove me wrong, right? :wink:
Why aren't you using "context" (i.e. jw5's post about Zhang Wuji becoming the emperor) to defend me and admit your mistake instead? :wink:

Furthermore, if Lin Zexu was really good enough, not only would he have succeeded in defeating all his enemies, he would also have managed to appoint younger men who were just as capable as he was to succeed him after his death or retirement, right? :wink:

So once again, to quote your own words from last year:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233224-ginfreely-vs-the-coalition&p=2549201#post2549201
Let the smart audience be the judge.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
and don't tell me there was not a single benevolent emperor like him in the entire china history.
Right here, the famous tang dynasty emperor Li Shimin was open minded and humane. No wonder made a great dynasty.
A "humane" man who killed people and ordered his slaves to kill other people? :confused: :*: :rolleyes:
More like hypocritical man, right? :wink:

I also like to think that the Tang dynasty was the greatest Chinese dynasty, but please remember that it ended over a thousand years ago, i.e. it FAILED and obviously, it had always been far from perfect, to say the least. :wink:

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Furthermore, if Lin Zexu was really good enough, not only would he have succeeded in defeating all his enemies, he would also have managed to appoint younger men who were just as capable as he was to succeed him after his death or retirement, right? :wink:

Totally disagree! A person's greatness is not dependent on his success/failure of passing the baton to someone else just as capable because you can never read another person's mind with even 1% accuracy. You cannot brand Low Thia Kiang as a failure just because he passed the baton to Yaw Shin Leong. The mind is a very pliable device.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would agree with you if I was talking about provincial governments right from the start, but I was not, right? :wink:
So when you said:

you were assuming that I included non-national governments, in order to prove me wrong, right? :wink:
Why aren't you using "context" (i.e. jw5's post about Zhang Wuji becoming the emperor) to defend me and admit your mistake instead? :wink:

So once again, to quote your own words from last year:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233224-ginfreely-vs-the-coalition&p=2549201#post2549201

Let the audience be the judge indeed. You are forever creating trouble out of nothing. You are frog in the well to insist good province govt is not good govt and i already said if such person was high level enough or even emperor he would made it entire dynasty govt was good. I have never said my example of Lin Zexu means restricted to province govt, it's you said that. I said anyone​ like him will make it good govt and not all evil and hypocritical like you said. You are the one always playing semantics and used it to say i made mistake, I telling lies I blah blah blah all nonsense to paint my character black. Pui!

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even Lee Kuan Yew couldn't defeat Low Thia Kiang in 2011.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also like to think that the Tang dynasty was the greatest Chinese dynasty, but please remember that it ended over a thousand years ago, i.e. it FAILED and obviously, it had always been far from perfect, to say the least. :wink:

Every dynasty will end some day and will always be far from perfect. You are making a nonsensical motherhood statement.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally disagree! A person's greatness is not dependent on his success/failure of passing the baton to someone else just as capable because you can never read another person's mind with even 1% accuracy. You cannot brand Low Thia Kiang as a failure just because he passed the baton to Yaw Shin Leong. The mind is a very pliable device.

Flatearthshit is crazy and unreasonable to put such blame on Lin Zexu to not appoint younger men to succeed him when Lin himself was sabotage by his enemies due to him doing his clear shit job and sentenced to exile in Xinjiang. It was precisely that Lin was just doing his job and not corrupted at all that he did not join other officials who ganged up for benefits and to enlarge power base. In fact he had many enemies. This flatearthshit obviously never worked before to think that Lin can clear shit and clear opium without incurring enemies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true! I am sure Duterte has lots of enemies too.

Yeah how to have no enemies when you break their profits? Break their bribes since Lin Zexu was also involved in anti corruption campaign as I also read somewhere. And also exposed how lazy bastards his predecessors were by solving all those unsolved cases everywhere he posted. How to have no enemies?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every dynasty will end some day and will always be far from perfect. You are making a nonsensical motherhood statement.

Yeah another strawman argument he is using as usual. If Tang dynasty is a failure, then don't know which dynasty can consider success. It's under Tang that china power and influence travelled far and wide and that is why other countries like Japan are using Chinese words as their language isn't it?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A "humane" man who killed people and ordered his slaves to kill other people? :confused: :*: :rolleyes:
More like hypocritical man, right? :wink:

According to the article link that I provided earlier, Li Shimin cared a great deal about his people inclusive of minorities and even appointed them to high rank officials. What ordered slaves to kill people you talking about? Why you didn't provide the link and the full story? Under what circumstances did the killing occur? If there's war or revolution or power struggle etc, how to have no killing?

"The emperor proved to be eventually thrifty and cared a great deal about his people. Additonally, he gave equal treatment to ethnic minorities. He appointed many of them as high officials in his court."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, famous 虎门销烟 used quicklime not fire, because fire did not destroy thoroughly enough. The thing is too lack of carnage, especially on the Ang Moh drug syndicates, their heads did not roll in China! This way won't work!

Lin Zexu already very bold and very caring of Chinese people to volunteer for this clear shit job and to dare to stick his head out like that to burn the opium. And as proven, that already caused him to be exiled. If got angmoh carnage he would probably be beheaded by the ungrateful and irresponsible emperor to appease the angmoh.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Qing useless because they became addicted to Opium and corrupt and coward. British only had very small amount of forces to invade during Opium War, Qing can overpower them 100:1 but they surrendered HK and paid losses to Ang Moh! Fucktards! If military were not coward and weak, just lure Ang Moh on land can exterminate them with high number of troops, even if your ships and guns were no good, the tiny Ang Moh forces landed in China will run out of gun powder in slightly prolonged combats, all the Qing commanders needed to do was to commit huge number of troops non-stop, 10:1 20:1 50: 80:1 Ang Moh surely run out of gunpowder and bullets, ended up as archery targets for the Chinese eventually, can fucking skin them alive, after castration.

Mao Ze Dong used the same tactic of Sea of Warriors to flood the Ang Mohs in Korean & Vietnam War, without B52 and tanks and helicopters, still beat the Ang Moh to flee from Vietnam & stopped at LESSER HALF of Korean Peninsular. Chinese need this kind of Tough Brutal Warlord Leaders, to fully practice the reversed of Western values of hypocritically cherishing human lives. Don't need very high tech weapons, just have the unthinkable huge number to out-die the Ang Moh, their numbers will go to zero and you still have have plenty of worthless peasants yourself to feed, so why fear of losing big numbers of lives? Go fuck spider!

I recall the soldier strength during the two opium wars that were lost already was 10:1 according to Wikipedia. So already proven must be higher than 10:1 to win. Need Mao Zedong this kind indeed that can kill tens of millions of own people. Precisely those learned Chinese people in the Qing govt were too peace driven and wanted to bring about China modernisation and industrialisation after the opium wars without revolution and bloodshed failed indeed unlike such people like Mao Zedong or Japanese who did not hesitate with revolution to overthrow whatever hindrance.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inde...led-45-million-in-four-years-2081630.html?amp
Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years'

"At least 45 million people were worked, starved or beaten to death in China over these four years"

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow after being exiled to Xinjiang for three years, Lin Zexu in 1845 made a famous forecast of Russia would be China's biggest threat and not UK/France. Unfortunately again nobody in Qing govt paid attention and this forecast was proven right in 1858 - 8 years after Lin Zexu died in 1850 - when Russia took advantage of second opium war chaos to attack North East china and china ceded more than 600 thousand sq km of land to Russia. That's a big chunk of territory lost. Why Mao Zedong never asked for the land back from his best friend Stalin? Gone forever!

http://hk.aboluowang.com/2014/0316/380338.html

在俄羅斯這個問題上,林公最有名且最具前瞻性的一句話是:“終為中國患者,其俄羅斯乎!吾老矣!君等當見之!”

林則徐說的沒錯,直到他1850年逝世前,大清朝野不過是剛剛通過鴉片戰爭知道了英國這個強敵,對於俄國的了解和定位基本還停留在康熙時代雅克薩之戰的“敗軍之將”,而俄國此時在華的擴張也尚未啟動。儘管林公在鴉片戰爭前一系列對英軍政外交問題的處理上大有可商榷之處,但這位“睜眼看世界第一人”在對俄國的認識上的確超越了他那個時代,我最佩服林公的一點是,他明明是因為英國才被流放至伊犁,但在新疆的所見所聞讓他迅速修正了反英觀點,突破了個人際遇和時代局限,成為了在中國提出“俄國威脅論”的第一人。

林則徐在那個時代斷言俄終為中華大患註定是寂寞的,當時大清朝野對此的反應竟然是“聞者惑焉”,即便是《海國圖志》的作者魏源在當時也認為“俄羅斯亦震我兵威,故兩百載無邊患”。

“吾老矣!君等當見之”,林則徐逝世8年後(1858年),他的這一“恐俄”預言終於應驗了。就在這一年,俄國趁第二次鴉片戰爭之際,在東北出兵逼迫清政府簽訂了割讓60多萬平方公里領土的《璦琿條約》。

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow after being exiled to Xinjiang for three years, Lin Zexu in 1845 made a famous forecast of Russia would be China's biggest threat and not UK/France. Unfortunately again nobody in Qing govt paid attention and this forecast was proven right in 1858 - 8 years after Lin Zexu died in 1850 - when Russia took advantage of second opium war chaos to attack North East china and china ceded more than 600 thousand sq km of land to Russia. That's a big chunk of territory lost. Why Mao Zedong never asked for the land back from his best friend Stalin? Gone forever!

http://hk.aboluowang.com/2014/0316/380338.html

在俄羅斯這個問題上,林公最有名且最具前瞻性的一句話是:“終為中國患者,其俄羅斯乎!吾老矣!君等當見之!”

林則徐說的沒錯,直到他1850年逝世前,大清朝野不過是剛剛通過鴉片戰爭知道了英國這個強敵,對於俄國的了解和定位基本還停留在康熙時代雅克薩之戰的“敗軍之將”,而俄國此時在華的擴張也尚未啟動。儘管林公在鴉片戰爭前一系列對英軍政外交問題的處理上大有可商榷之處,但這位“睜眼看世界第一人”在對俄國的認識上的確超越了他那個時代,我最佩服林公的一點是,他明明是因為英國才被流放至伊犁,但在新疆的所見所聞讓他迅速修正了反英觀點,突破了個人際遇和時代局限,成為了在中國提出“俄國威脅論”的第一人。

林則徐在那個時代斷言俄終為中華大患註定是寂寞的,當時大清朝野對此的反應竟然是“聞者惑焉”,即便是《海國圖志》的作者魏源在當時也認為“俄羅斯亦震我兵威,故兩百載無邊患”。

“吾老矣!君等當見之”,林則徐逝世8年後(1858年),他的這一“恐俄”預言終於應驗了。就在這一年,俄國趁第二次鴉片戰爭之際,在東北出兵逼迫清政府簽訂了割讓60多萬平方公里領土的《璦琿條約》。

Mee poh ta mai Chang.