• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buddhism has a lifespan of 5000 years

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes and yes, to answer both your qns.

Not too tight, not too loose.

Keep the mind supple and be open to changes. :wink:

if attachment is so painful ...then die is better ...because if theres no attachment in life there will be no life ...so the teaching encourage ppl to give up everythin including family , job , love ones ...ect ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Buddhism they are our teachers. Free of charge.
Hehehehe! don't know whether these nut case knows what it mean.

nothing is free of charge ....remember , who donate money to bulid temple ? :wink: ppl giving money without knowing ....:wink: . every religion have teachers ...does it mean your teacher is above another one ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Max, Drifter won't be able to figure this out.
He is into the occult - amulets, nine lives....., these 60s, 70s thing.

since when im into occult ? collecting antique amulet means having a second income and enjoyin art work by older generation ..thats about it ..your teacher makes you think too much liao :wink:

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah Friday night never go cheong ah? Still on religion police duty. Religion is chin chai lah, what the fuck. I never go temple or church, where got time? But don't bother them also, go do what they want as long as don't bother me.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah Friday night never go cheong ah? Still on religion police duty. Religion is chin chai lah, what the fuck. I never go temple or church, where got time? But don't bother them also, go do what they want as long as don't bother me.

still early ...got some spare time now to whack all delusion ppl .

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
神雕侠侣 = 独孤求败, 天蚕变 = 独孤无敌

Later I use my 北斗七星阵 & 武当六绝 to refresh your memory. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;t1Sqvc8aBhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Sqvc8aBhc[/video]

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
drifter said:
if attachment is so painful ...then die is better ...because if theres no attachment in life there will be no life ...so the teaching encourage ppl to give up everythin including family , job , love ones ...ect ...

It is a wrong belief that Buddhism is negative. On the contrary, it teaches us to live in the present world and not place too much hope in an afterworld. And this is despite of the pain and suffering. How do we accept that? How do we accept misfortune that has befallen upon us? Put it on your Karma. Like reincarnation, the concept of karma existed before Buddhism. We should not place too much worldly meaning to it. It is just used as a tool to explain difficult to understand concepts. Indeed if the present life is found too demanding, death would be welcomed deliverance and Buddhism teaches us not to cling on to permanence. Death becomes easier to accept for yourself or for your loved ones. There a Buddhist concept (not in the early teachings) that was illustrated in the Ten pictograms of the Ox in which a good Buddhist goes through life, first getting rid of unnecessary desires and performing good deals, then helping others to achieve enlightening, eventually attaining enlightening himself and then returning in one full circle as a normal person and doing things what a normal person would do as if nothing matters. If you really need to combine modern reality of profit making with being a Buddhist, read some books by Suzuki who tried to show Zen Buddhism can coexist with business making in the modern world. I am not a Buddhist but if forced to choose a religion, I will choose this one. Ever wonder why if you go into a Buddhist temple, whether you are a Christian, a Hindhu or nobody, and you ask for food or other help, you will be helped? Most other religions are too preoccupied with helping their own kind because in Buddhism there is no thing as Self.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very wise, Very wise.
We may not be religious but it makes no sense to go round whacking others beliefs and faith.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
since when im into occult ? collecting antique amulet means having a second income and enjoyin art work by older generation ..thats about it ..your teacher makes you think too much liao :wink:

Told you so Bro Max, he won't be able to figure it out.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am all right with bros here who chose not to follow any doctrine, but dear bros, make sure that you give clear instruction to those you left behind that they perform the correct rite of passage for you after your passing on

or you can say it does not matter to you any more when the time come, it is also all right to me

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am all right with bros here who chose not to follow any doctrine, but dear bros, make sure that you give clear instruction to those you left behind that they perform the correct rite of passage for you after your passing on

or you can say it does not matter to you any more when the time come, it is also all right to me

You chop chop already as promised?
What's your problem even if bro. here choose to follow a religion.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... make sure that you give clear instruction to those you left behind that they perform the correct rite of passage for you after your passing on ...
if not done correctly, u can oways cum back n tel dem 2 redo it properly 4 u lor! ... :eek:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

The teaching doesn't encourage ppl to give up everything. It can't be when one chooses to be mindful of his thoughts, words and action to live his life.

The austere path of having a bald head by choice and becoming a monk/nun is up to the indv to choose. We always have a choice. :smile: