• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING: Singapore Airlines #SQ321 just declared an emergency

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
scientists need to invent a machine. Just step in the machine and you press a button, you arrive at your destination. all forms of travel from cars to planes all become redundant

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
you should be fine lah. But just remember that when you fly, everything is conspiring to kill you. Nature (weather, gravity, air pressure etc), mechanical (plane issues) and human (fucked up or crazy pilot). Have a good trip!:biggrin:
Must wear a Wat Paknam 1st batch

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
And right on schedule the CNA propagandists do their part to help the SIA, which belongs to the same team as them. :cool:

"Southeast Asia more prone to turbulence"

I agree. They are lying.

No such thing as Southeast Asia more prone to turbulence. Turbulences depends on altitude and weather. Eg if pilot wants to enter the storm, they have to fly higher above clouds.

turbulence.JPG

This is not limited to Southeast Asia, you get even very strong turbulence near Tropics of Cancer, ceteris paribus. Eg. you fly above near Taiwan to/from Korea, or approach/leaving Narita to USA. (Taiwan is like a massive mountainous island). China is also along Tropics of Cancer and mountainous, there are very frequent reports of strong turbulences for domestic flights in China (just google).

turbulence5.JPG

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. They are lying.

No such thing as Southeast Asia more prone to turbulence. Turbulences depends on altitude and weather. Eg if pilot wants to enter the storm, they have to fly higher above clouds.

turbulence.JPG

This is not limited to Southeast Asia, you get even very strong turbulence near Tropics of Cancer, ceteris paribus. Eg. you fly above near Taiwan to/from Korea, or approach/leaving Narita to USA. (Taiwan is like a massive mountainous island). China is also along Tropics of Cancer and mountainous, there are very frequent reports of strong turbulences for domestic flights in China (just google).

turbulence5.JPG

That reminds me, I noticed a lot of planes are flying super low these days, even when the skies are blue and the weather is excellent. I could literally see the details of the underbelly of the plane. And the engine sound could be heard.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
That reminds me, I noticed a lot of planes are flying super low these days, even when the skies are blue and the weather is excellent. I could literally see the details of the underbelly of the plane. And the engine sound could be heard.
maybe landing or just taking off?

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. They are lying.

turbulence.JPG

turbulence5.JPG
Save fuel to fly in lower altitude, by the name of sustainability

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
Stockton man saw objects 'flying in air' on turbulence-hit flight
www.bbc.com

Turbulence passenger saw objects 'flying in air'​

Andrew Davies A close  up image of Andrew Davies who has a beard and a Middlesbrough scarf on
Andrew Davies
Andrew Davies says his seatbelt saved him from serious injury
A passenger on a flight where severe turbulence left one man dead says it hit just seconds after he put his seatbelt on.
Andrew Davies, originally from Stockton, was on a London to Singapore flight which suffered a sudden drop as a meal service was under way.
A 73-year-old British man has died from a suspected heart attack, and more than 30 people were injured.
Mr Davies described the flight as a "horrific and terrifying experience".
Reuters The interior of a plane with lots of oxygen masks hanging down
Reuters
The cabin interior pictured after landing in Bangkok
"We had just been asked to put our seatbelts on when there was just this incredible thump and I just recall seeing loads of objects flying in the air in front of me, knives, forks, plates," Mr Davies said.
"I remember there was coffee on the ceiling and a woman covered with blood from a deep gash in her head.
"In the seat behind me there was a man who was motionless and they were trying to find a pulse and I got up and helped and they performed CPR but sadly he passed away."
Reuters  Oxygen masks hanging above a patient
Reuters
The airline said 31 people on board the plane had been taken to hospital
The Boeing 777-300ER was diverted to Bangkok, making an emergency landing at 15:45 local time (08:45 BST).

"It seemed to take forever to reach the ground but it was probably only about an hour or so," Mr Davies explained.
"The medics came on board, it was pretty calm and there was even a bit of camaraderie among the passengers, swapping stories and phone numbers."
Andrew Davies  Interior of Bangkok airport with large numbers of passengers
Andrew Davies
Passengers and crew were examined and given treatment where necessary at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok
It is still not clear how events unfolded. Turbulence is most commonly caused by aircraft flying through cloud, but there is also "clear air" turbulence which is not visible on a jet's weather radar.
Research has shown that climate change will make severe turbulence more likely in the future.

Passengers tell of horror aboard turbulence-hit flight​

Mr Davies says he will still keep flying but with one big change.
"I will always wear my seat belt at all times, throughout every flight," he said
"If I hadn't had one on, I'm absolutely sure I'd have been badly injured."

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Australian passenger told Sky News that the seatbelt sign had been activated just before the turbulence hit, but she was unable to secure herself in time as she was asleep. Clear air turbulence, the suspected cause, is the most perilous form as it is invisible and undetectable by current technology. It can occur without warning, causing sudden and severe jostling of passengers and unsecured items.

https://www.travelandtourworld.com/...-airlines-terrific-fatal-turbulence-disaster/