• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS!! World Cup 2010 NOW available to Singapore !!

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
bros actually i heard the confirmation from a brazillian guy working in a forex company at raffles place,we will having breakfast on tues morn at bukit timah..when i bring the topic of us not being able to watch world cup i was shock whe he told me we will because his papa in brazil work for fifa and his uncle is a fifa comittee,he wanted to resign and go back to brazil because he thought spore wont be showing world cup as he is very passionate about it but his dad stop him saying that his uncle have told him that he and some fifa representive will be coming over to spore next week to ink the world cup deal with moron starhub,he even show me his hp photos many of him,his dad with fifa boss,pele,zico and fatty ronaldo..i ask him why fifa take so long to confirm,his uncle told his dad because spore is very stubborn and greedy! i dare not post it because it because i have reserve about all this telecast bullshit by our morons and idiots..
there you have it looks like they cave in to our continous kpkb.keep up the good work guys and bro prince remember hor dun be soft and beg huh we are not living in disneyland,we are living in concrete jungle warfare must kpkb until they cave in...have you tatoo up your body or not!
surprise surprise i ask him who will win the world cup this year and he told me mark his word argentina will win and messi will be the star player in the world and what about brazil he says nahhh they are too fat and lazy???
by the way can we drop the subject of spore being in any stage of the world cup its so boooorrringgg zzzzzzz.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last best world cup was 1986, when diego armando maradona graced us with the beauty and poetry of how to play the game.

Eversince, world cup is just a bunch of semi talented players chasing after a ball. Once you seen the best, the rest jus doesnt excite anymore.

I rather use the money to buy a jersey or a drink than pay to watch.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am saying u cannot improve just by watching alone. u gotta go play among the better ones to improve. understand boh??

Just because watching is not the only aspect, then might as well don't watch? Anyway, your point is noted.

i play soccer many years ok. clearly u are not very smart as you anyhow deduct that i dun play soccer or any sports. chey. dun kay kiang ok.:cool:

Good. I played winger. Which position you played, if you care to share?

u r one of the guys over here who like to preach a lot of big ideas over here which dun interest me.

thats y i seldom engage with u. keep it that way. your naggy and i-know-more-than-thou attitude irritates me. we stay clear of each other ok.

thank u.

I don't look who's the singer. I listen and reply to the lyrics.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last best world cup was 1986, when diego armando maradona graced us with the beauty and poetry of how to play the game.

The best World Cup over the last 25 years ( descending )
Italia 90
Mexico 86
France 98
USA 94
Germany 06
Japan/Korea 02 - was absolutely the worst

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

World Cup deal done

World Cup deal done
By Ian De Cotta, TODAY |
Posted: 29 April 2010 0645 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
php5FuNif.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" height="15" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Italy celebrating its victory in the 2006 World Cup finals.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE: After more than six months of nail-biting suspense, sources have confirmed that football fans will be able to watch all 64 matches of the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa 'live' on television in Singapore.

Details of the closely-guarded deal were, on Wednesday night, still being ironed out by the two telco giants - StarHub and SingTel.

One scenario is for the matches to be split between StarHub's cable service and SingTel's mioTV. However, a source familiar with the outcome, pointed out that if the telcos split the bill 50-50, it was more likely that all the matches would be telecast on both pay television platforms.

Selected matches will also be telecast live on free-to-air television by national broadcaster MediaCorp. The number of matches on free-to-air TV could not be confirmed but is likely to include the opening match between South Africa and Mexico as well as the semi-finals and finals.

TODAY expects an announcement to be made this week.

What's the deal worth?

When it comes to the exact dollars and cents of the deal the picture gets a little grainy, especially since both telcos are listed.

According to sources, the telecast rights were finally negotiated down to about US$15 million, or about S$21 million. This is about half the S$40 million in many earlier news reports.

How does this compare to past deals? Well, now the picture gets fuzzier. Exact numbers have never been revealed, the last deal inked by StarHub was for two World Cup finals - 2002 and 2006 - and given that the deal is in US dollars, the exchange rate has moved significantly over the past decade.

It is believed that StarHub paid US$5 million for the telecast rights to the 2006 World Cup. If so, the US$15 million figure is in line with the three to four times more that many other countries are paying for telecast rights this year.

So does that same three-fold multiplier apply to what fans will have to pay to watch the World Cup? In 2006, StarHub charged a $15 subscription fee for those who signed up during their early-bird promotion and $25 subsequently.

Said banker Kelvin Tan: "I would definitely not pay more than $100 to watch the World Cup, at most $60 or so."

Time was running out

It was in December that StarHub and SingTel first revealed that they had submitted a joint bid to Football Media Services (FMS), the Asian representatives of the event's rights holder, FIFA.

It is understood there have been at least half a dozen bids tabled unsuccessfully. Some have blamed SingTel for its aggressive bid of more than $300 million for three seasons of Barclays Premier League (BPL) matches which may have sent a signal to FIFA, and its agent FMS, that there was money to be made in football crazy Singapore.

So why did both sides finally settle on this smaller sum?

One theory: Each day that passed without a deal meant that the telcos had less time to score advertising deals, which are the main source of revenue to defray their costs - short of passing them on to consumers.

This made it less and less attractive for the telcos to raise their bid. With the World Cup kicking off on June 11, the telcos now have just six weeks to sell advertising. - TODAY

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Italia 90
Mexico 86
France 98
USA 94
Germany 06

For me Japan/Korea 02 was the best. I don't really like watching football. I however bet quite a bit on it as football as one of the few positive expectations gambling games. I won a barrel full of $$$ froom Japan/Korea 02 The most satisfying part of it was that I won it from Singapore pools who then had strange pple like former football players making odds. It was like taking $ from a baby.

Sadly those days are past. Singapore Pools have wised up and these days, it is rare for the odds to go seriously into the positive expectations territory.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
bros actually i heard the confirmation from a brazillian guy working in a forex company at raffles place,we will having breakfast on tues morn at bukit timah..when i bring the topic of us not being able to watch world cup i was shock whe he told me we will because his papa in brazil work for fifa and his uncle is a fifa comittee,he wanted to resign and go back to brazil because he thought spore wont be showing world cup as he is very passionate about it but his dad stop him saying that his uncle have told him that he and some fifa representive will be coming over to spore next week to ink the world cup deal with moron starhub,he even show me his hp photos many of him,his dad with fifa boss,pele,zico and fatty ronaldo..i ask him why fifa take so long to confirm,his uncle told his dad because spore is very stubborn and greedy! i dare not post it because it because i have reserve about all this telecast bullshit by our morons and idiots..
there you have it looks like they cave in to our continous kpkb.keep up the good work guys and bro prince remember hor dun be soft and beg huh we are not living in disneyland,we are living in concrete jungle warfare must kpkb until they cave in...have you tatoo up your body or not!
surprise surprise i ask him who will win the world cup this year and he told me mark his word argentina will win and messi will be the star player in the world and what about brazil he says nahhh they are too fat and lazy???
by the way can we drop the subject of spore being in any stage of the world cup its so boooorrringgg zzzzzzz.

What you mean when you say spore very stubborn and greedy?
I thought it was fifa who is greedy asking for sky high price?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Italia 90
Mexico 86
France 98
USA 94
Germany 06

I wonder how you judge since before 2002, it was all free-to-air. Not every game, but most games from opening to final. It was 2002 that it became free-to-air only from quarter-finals onward. 2006 became from semi-final and final only. If you judge by paid cable, we're on different wavelengths. I judge by free-to-air, actually not even really free since we're paying TV licence fees.

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gratz, Singapore can finally be a 1st world country again with this announcement, no need to go over the border or fix some antenna to receive signal from our neighbors. Three cheers for the MIW! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No big deal. Don't expect me to sing praises. The MIWs are expected to fix good what they have screwed up. I am still not voting for them anyway even if the whole series is FREE.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CB kia tonychat,

not free so what. i have the $ that u dun have.

unlike u who is back in spore trying to extort your old man for some loose change. fucking disgraceful :oIo::oIo:

He should work for his money! i.e. Let his 'wife' service his/her father-in-law and not take money for free just like that! :biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Said banker Kelvin Tan: "I would definitely not pay more than $100 to watch the World Cup, at most $60 or so."

If any telco staff are reading this thread gauging sentiment, as a paying customer, I am willing to fork out no more than $30 to watch the World Cup.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any telco staff are reading this thread gauging sentiment, as a paying customer, I am willing to fork out no more than $30 to watch the World Cup.

You're very generous and kind to them. Other than free-to-air, I'd rather go Malaysia or Thailand and spend my money there. They have free-to-air not for all but for all matches I want to watch. The expenses I incurred are only traveling expenses, fair enough. I'd rather spend $1,000 for fair expenses than to pay $100 in ransom subsidy for their stupidity and incompetence.