• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: Iswaran appears at State Courts a week after CPIB completed probe. *Update: Iswaran resigns as PAP minister/MP and PAP member.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Chee Hong guy? snatching mic and flexing muscles?

cht.jpg

I bet he also told stories to the CPIB so Iswaran can be removed from the picture. :sneaky:

j7ggRFV.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe he was the chief trojan horse for everything CECA-related.

26NAIDU_0_0.jpg

See, the special anointed ones have their names on a red background. They are the core, the spine, the foundation. :wink:

IMG1625.JPG

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
He says he is innocent. So how? Can believe? PAP ministers is supposed to have absolute integrity.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ons-corruption-cpib-f1-clear-his-name-4056491

'I am innocent': Iswaran rejects allegations against him, says he will focus on clearing his name​

'I am innocent': Iswaran rejects allegations against him, says he will focus on clearing his name

Former Transport Minister S Iswaran arrives at the State Courts on Jan 18, 2024, when he was charged with multiple offences, including corruption. (Photo: CNA/Jeremy Long) 18 Jan 2024 01:10PM

SINGAPORE: Former Transport Minister S Iswaran reiterated his innocence and rejected all allegations against him, hours after he was charged in court with multiple offences, including corruption and obtaining valuables as a public servant.

“I am innocent and will now focus on clearing my name,” he said in a statement on Thursday (Jan 18).

He said he submitted his resignation letter to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday “even without being asked to do so”.

“I resigned as Cabinet Minister, Member of Parliament and as a member of the People’s Action Party because I believe it was the right thing to do.”

“Further, I informed the Prime Minister on (Wednesday) that, even though I am innocent, I will be returning all monies that I received by way of salary as Minister and allowances as Member of Parliament from the commencement of CPIB’s investigations in July 2023.”

The ex-minister, whose political career spanned nearly 30 years, said he and his family decided to return the monies because they believed it was the right thing to do. He had been drawing a reduced monthly salary of S$8,500 and a full MP annual allowance of of S$192,500.

Echoing what he said to Mr Lee in his resignation letter, Iswaran said he and his family could not in good conscience keep the monies as he was unable to discharge his duties as minister and MP during that period on account of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau’s investigation.

iswaran_list_of_charges_1_0.png

He expressed sadness that he would no longer be serving the residents of West Coast, adding that it had been a privilege to do so for the past 26 years.

“These past months have been most difficult for my family and me. I am particularly grateful to my family for their enduring love and their unwavering support.

“My family and I are deeply touched by the continued support, kindness and encouragement of our friends and well-wishers,” he said.

The bulk of the charges handed to Iswaran on Thursday was for receiving items worth hundreds of thousands of dollars from billionaire hotelier Ong Beng Seng.

Charge sheets state that Iswaran received "valuable things" worth more than S$384,000 (US$285,000) from Ong between 2015 and 2022.

These ranged from tickets to shows, football matches and various editions of the Singapore F1 Grand Prix.
---------------------------------

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is super mariah

Subramaniam is Iswaran first name
- S. Iswaran.

Tiagong , subra 's mother gave this name to the son.

Auspicious name indeed :

In Tamil, "Subramaniam" is a name that is often associated with the Hindu god Murugan, who is also known as Subramanya or Subramaniam.

The name is composed of two elements: "Subra," which is a short form of Subramanya, and "maniam," which means "beloved" or "dear." Therefore, "Subramaniam" can be interpreted as "beloved of Subramanya" or "dear to Murugan," reflecting a connection to the deity in Hindu culture.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subramaniam is Iswaran first name
- S. Iswaran.

Tiagong , subra 's mother gave this name to the son.

Auspicious name indeed :

In Tamil, "Subramaniam" is a name that is often associated with the Hindu god Murugan, who is also known as Subramanya or Subramaniam.

The name is composed of two elements: "Subra," which is a short form of Subramanya, and "maniam," which means "beloved" or "dear." Therefore, "Subramaniam" can be interpreted as "beloved of Subramanya" or "dear to Murugan," reflecting a connection to the deity in Hindu culture.
Thanks
I also hope that Subramiam will fight like Ashoka to clear his name and bring more damages to the civil servants who attended the football matches and concerts in 伦敦

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why did he resign (was forced to resign?) before his name was being cleared? Innocent until proven guilty not a thing here, even for the elites?