• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking : Expo Becomes Covider Centre!

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore EXPO being prepared as next site for community isolation facility: MOH

mothership.sg

Singapore EXPO is being prepared as a second Community Isolation Facility which will house recovering Covid-19 patients, similar to the first such facility at D'Resort in Pasir Ris.

Health Minister Gan Kim Yong confirmed this at a press conference on Apr. 5.

Singapore EXPO's 10 exhibition halls offer up to 123,000 square metres of indoor and outdoor exhibition space while its, convention wing, MAX Atria, has 12,000 square metres of meeting space and 32 meeting rooms, according to VisitSingapore.com.

Patients to be isolated and receive medical care

Patients at an isolation facility will continue to be isolated, and receive medical care.

However, these patients are clinically well enough to be discharged from medical care even though they still test positive for Covid-19, and "do not generally require significant medical care", MOH previously said in a press release issued on Mar. 24.

MOH also said that the facility is modelled after existing Government Quarantine Facilities, though the staff there would observe "a higher baseline level of infection control".

MOH also said previously that the cost of being isolated in the Community Isolation Facility would be borne by the government.

Legal requirement to remain in isolation facility

Patients sent to an isolation facility will be served with an "isolation order", which legally requires them to remain in the facility and isolate themselves, MOH's Director of Medical Services Kenneth Mak said, at a press conference on Mar. 24.

Mak explained that the isolation order would be the "equivalent of a quarantine order", to ensure that these patients remain in the facility and respect the rules.

The isolation order will be lifted when the patients no longer test positive for Covid-19 infection, and are deemed fit to return home by doctors.

Previous policy of hospitalising all cases "not efficient"

Previously, all patients were hospitalised, which MOH explainedwas to help with understanding of the disease, as well as to isolate Covid-19 patients.

However, this has not been an efficient use of hospital resources, MOH said on Mar. 24.

Thus, setting up the Community Isolation Facility would help to ensure that healthcare facilities in Singapore are able to cope with "a possible surge" in cases.

Some recovering Covid-19 patients have been moved out of hospitals to a Community Isolation Facility at D'Resort in Pasir Rissince Mar. 24.

This facility has a capacity of about 500 persons, according to a press release from the Ministry of Health (MOH).

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
singapore_expo.jpg

SINGAPORE — The Singapore Expo Convention Hall and Exhibition Centre is currently in the process of being turned into a facility to care for Covid-19 patients who are on the road to recovery, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong confirmed on Sunday (April 5).

Once completed, it will join D’Resort NTUC in Pasir Ris as the second such “community care” facility. Mr Gan said that this will help ensure there will be continued capacity to treat patients suffering from the coronavirus at the acute care hospitals.

Mr Gan was responding to a question related to the matter during a press conference held by the Covid-19 multi-ministry task force on Sunday, where it was announced that two workers’ dormitories have been gazetted as “isolation areas”.

Mr Gan said during the conference that in time to come, patients who have mild symptoms may be sent to the community care facilities to be monitored, and will only be sent to hospitals “if necessary”.

“For patients with mild symptoms, generally they don't need any medical support,” said Mr Gan. “In fact, they can actually recover and be cared for in these facilities until they are well and can be discharged, without having to go to the hospitals.”

While Mr Gan did not give a timeline of when the community care facility at Singapore Expo will be ready, or how many patients it will be able to house, he said the authorities are “preparing it for this purpose”.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...g-prepared-house-recovering-covid-19-patients

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN premises is not really the issue KNN where they going to get so many hospitals kind of bed ? KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
At some point in the very near future, we will run out of space. Then it will be most interesting to see what new tricks the pap will pull. Fuck them for jamming our country with so many foreigners.
KNN when leech this stage pap will mia with their billions and sinkies will be left on their own devices KNN my uncle have a bad feeling that sinkieland will not survive this crisis I.e. this is the end game for pap as well as sinkies KNN :frown: as indicated in the initial stage of this crisis by my uncle that pap will pay many fold the cost of not locking down the border at the early stage KNN

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
KNN when leech this stage pap will mia with their billions and sinkies will be left on their own devices KNN my uncle have a bad feeling that sinkieland will not survive this crisis I.e. this is the end game for pap as well as sinkies KNN :frown: as indicated in the initial stage of this crisis by my uncle that pap will pay many fold the cost of not locking down the border at the early stage KNN
I have always respected your uncle's wisdom. But I hope he is wrong this time...:eek:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes my uncle also wished his prophecy will not happen this time but the stake for this bet for pap is too high I.e too much chips on hand and chasing losses the end result is mostly jump KNN
yes, KNN they use sinkies as chips in their high stakes poker game KNN