• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breakin'-flood again, but u know sinkapore is not flood free right!

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flood in sinkapore is a norm now.

so lets not be unhappy about it, live with it----sinkapore not flood free !

Last few years ago, sinkapore not like that ,but now different oredi.

PAP has created a fish- tank effect in sinkapore before of water, they are desperate to show Mudland water is enough !

Who bluff who! Sinkapore will never be water-sufficient ----drink newater not safe one !

Only one day soon when MRT station caves in during heavy rain then they will start to work for the people.....veri tragic....need a big disaster to convince PAP.....the voters are beri-veri-beri stupid.

Jul 1, 2010

Downpour triggers floods

Floodwaters were seen along Paterson Road, near Wheelock Place in Orchard Road, the scene of the worst flooding in 26 years two weeks ago. -- ST PHOTO: JOYCE FANG

SOME parts of Singapore were flooded again on Thursday, with waters rising up to knee-high, due to another heavy downpour in the afternoon.

Floodwaters were seen along Paterson Road, near Wheelock Place in Orchard Road, the scene of the worst flooding in 26 years two weeks ago, as well a in Tai Seng Road, Kampong Ampat Road and MacPherson area.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) warned of heavy showers with thunder between 1 pm and 2.30 pm on Thursday.

A reader of STOMP said the canal near Tai Seng Drive overflowed during the heavy rain, flooding the road outside the StarHub building.

'The canal beside the road was full and it overflowed, which caused a small flood,' said STOMPer tanwk.

In Kampong Ampat, floodwaters rose to knee-high.

More than 100 mm of rainfall was recorded during two of the heaviest downpour in June, causing floods in many parts of Singapore.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
Macpherson
cars_may_be_submerged_at_macpherson_road_due_to_downpour-thumbnail.jpg

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...erged_at_macpherson_road_due_to_downpour.html

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holy Goh! Marine Parade GRC! Now who daresay MacPherson is landlocked and not part of marine landscape?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_39343494_leekwanyew203.jpg

Wat da ya expect me to do? Tear down the Marina Barrage? Live with it and move on lah! *hee*hee*

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
AAAhhh....now I can understand why PAPa grouped areas as far away inland as mind-boogling possible under Marine Parade GRC !!

When it floods, it has same seaside feeling as Marine Parade.

Brilliant foresight by PAPa.

Mystery Machine

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck.

PUB is caught offguard the third time.

Will they push it to NEA this time?

Let the finger-pointing game commence!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only is it prone to floods, but also crime is an increasing problems & not forgetting the crowded public transport system.

In other 3rd world countries like Indonesia, Malaysia,...., at least it's cheap but Spore got world class costs :rolleyes:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i starting to believe its that marina shit that causes all these. b4 the completion of that, we did not experience any of this shit at all

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I walked past Kampung Java Canal around 1245h just before the rain started. The water level was very low. At 1315h, I went out to the canal and saw that the canal was almost full! In other words, it took less than half an hour for the water to rise almost three metres.

I don't know if the Marina Barrage is the problem but I know this was never the case in the previous 20 years I've been in this area. And today's rain was not even spectacularly heavy.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe you were not born yet, the areas around bt timah road /dunearn road flood when it rains esp during the dec monsson period.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=post499630 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>___________HTOLAS[/SIZE]
user_offline.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_499630", true); </SCRIPT>
Alfrescian (S)
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Aug 2008
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>My Reputation:</LEGEND>Points: 150 / Power: 30
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
</FIELDSET>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_499630 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Re: Breakin'-flood again, but u know sinkapore is not flood free right!
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #989898; COLOR: #989898" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I walked past Kampung Java Canal around 1245h just before the rain started. The water level was very low. At 1315h, I went out to the canal and saw that the canal was almost full! In other words, it took less than half an hour for the water to rise almost three metres.

I don't know if the Marina Barrage is the problem but I know this was never the case in the previous 20 years I've been in this area. And today's rain was not even spectacularly heavy.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/07/yaacobs-ark-to-be-built-to-save-familee.html

<!-- Begin .post -->

Yaacob's Ark to be built to save famiLEE LEEgime during floods

Yaacob_Almighty.jpg

Yaacob Almighty?!
The Book of LEEgime, chapters 6-9, tells how God sends a great flood to destroy the red dot because of man's wickedness and because the red dot is corrupt. God tells Noah, the righteous man in his generation, to build a large vessel to save his family and a representation of the world's animals. God gives detailed instructions for the Ark and, after its completion, sends the animals to Noah. God then sends the Flood, which rises until all the HDB flats are covered, and most living things died, except the fish. Then "God remembered Noah," the waters abate, and dry land reappears. Noah, his family, and the animals leave the Ark, and God vowed to never again send a flood to destroy the red dot.

May be the Singaporeans should consider to construct Singapore's Ark at Hong Lim Park?

:-)

Sail that to the Istana?

posted by uncleyap at http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/07/yaacobs-ark-to-be-built-to-save-familee.html" title="permanent link">2:21 AM

<!-- End .post -->

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe you were not born yet, the areas around bt timah road /dunearn road flood when it rains esp during the dec monsson period.

When he was not borned yet, the ministers may not be paid miilions of dollares that time.

With the million dollar salaries, which is out of this world by comparison with ANY politicians WORLDWIDE, we do expect problems to be anticipated and resolved (or at least contingency plans in place). Not be caught off-guard at EVERY event !

Hey, I did not see any MIW in Noah's Ark leh. Did they took a newer version luxurious liner, with their millions of dollars from taxpayer's money ?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The serious flooding occurred in the 60s and 70s. Twenty years back would be 1990. From 1990 until recently, flooding very rarely occurred, and then only after very prolonged (five to six hours) rain coinciding with high tide.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately for them, they have eliminated the Communists otherwise they will be blaming them.

But they can still try to blame the Malaysian govt, or Mahathir. Or even Osama bin Laden.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forget the Falunggong practitioners who are always practising near the Esplanade, on the shore of Marina Reservoir.

Unfortunately for them, they have eliminated the Communists otherwise they will be blaming them.

But they can still try to blame the Malaysian govt, or Mahathir. Or even Osama bin Laden.

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe you have heard that our MIW says that flood in Bukit Timah occur once every 50 years even though they have lived there all the while.

And orchard road too.

The thing is, sg used to rain for 3days and even whole day past 15-20 years ago. That is why so many drains and canals are built to prevent flooding.

But what the hell happens now? Even a two hour normal heavy shower causes a flood? Can you imagine what happens when the weather becomes normal and actually rain a full day or even three days in a row?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
When our Leaders said Sinkapore will never be Flood free is same same as saying we will never be Corruption free too. The power of $$$.