• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bikers come in!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
anybody started riding bike, then alot of near death experience happen?

I normally drive to work but after calculation I can put extra $900 into renovation so decided to get a cheap coe bike then I found a shortcut to tuas via the creepy dark road on the right after existing HH guard house. Everytime come back home via the same way where the darkness swallow your hand infront of your face if not for my bike light.

Then things start to happen, I got slap by a fallen branch almost ramming into a lancer, got hit by a JB vios police off duty driver when I turn right from a stationery position with my wife on it (nothing bad except $50 burn and big toe skin tear), run a red light because my bike locked the front wheel and I skid across the pedestrian crossing with pedestrians about to cross (this was in heavy rain).

But now the creepy alley has been quite well lit so I hope my yang qi not so deem. For your info it is the road towards nusajaya the malaysia new government house.

Regards
Dante

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

I normally drive to work but after calculation I can put extra $900 into renovation so decided to get a cheap coe bike then I found a shortcut to tuas via the creepy dark road on the right after existing HH guard house. Everytime come back home via the same way where the darkness swallow your hand infront of your face if not for my bike light.

Then things start to happen, I got slap by a fallen branch almost ramming into a lancer, got hit by a JB vios police off duty driver when I turn right from a stationery position with my wife on it (nothing bad except $50 burn and big toe skin tear), run a red light because my bike locked the front wheel and I skid across the pedestrian crossing with pedestrians about to cross (this was in heavy rain).

But now the creepy alley has been quite well lit so I hope my yang qi not so deem. For your info it is the road towards nusajaya the malaysia new government house.

Regards
Dante

erm.. riding is dangerous.. ride safely!!

whatever religion u are in, just put up charm to "protect" yourself lor..

at least not physically there, it will emotionally helps..

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting....which road is this? Connecting towards the Coastal Highway? I thought it is brightly lit? I use that all the time when I am riding.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Regards
Dante

That is why when buying bikes u have to check carefully, COE bikes usually used for many years and plenty wear and tear. U have to ride slow and the best thing to do is ride straight into workshop ask mechanic do a complete check. Small bikes usually the seller dun take care, u have to ask how many previous owner also, so u can know how bad the engine can be, the more owner the bike has the worse is the engine.... Bigger bikes tends to be better condition, have to check also. Ride safe!!! I will be moving next month, will meet up u guys and maybe ride together... Although I dun stay HH.... I still on the look out for bikes, saw 1 BMW RT very nice. But sold!!:(

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend of mine , got his bag snatched few weeks ago somewhere before CIQ.
He put his bag at the front basket .
Guys , if you ride , dont put your bag there or carry it with you .

My friend ride a honda wave .
He immediately went to modify his slow bike become a racing bike .

Your bike running like slow deer , surely kena biten by a cheetah ...

It Is better to get a cheap second hand bike and spend about RM 1k for the modifications.
Especially for bikers who use 2nd link .:smile:

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Witness one motor accident today early morning before 6 am at BKE towards PIE.
Not sure if he self skidded ? No sign of other cars involved.
Parts were scattered around . Rider was ok and saw him standing up .

He was at first lane and i was at 3rd lane.
Couldnt lend him a help . Situation not allowed.
Guys please ride well and always on the 3rd or 2nd lane ( for overtake )

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend of mine , got his bag snatched few weeks ago somewhere before CIQ.
He put his bag at the front basket .
Guys , if you ride , dont put your bag there or carry it with you .

My friend ride a honda wave .
He immediately went to modify his slow bike become a racing bike .

Your bike running like slow deer , surely kena biten by a cheetah ...

It Is better to get a cheap second hand bike and spend about RM 1k for the modifications.
Especially for bikers who use 2nd link .:smile:

u do mod in malaysia, come back VICOM inspection how to pass?..

the best is not to reveal any valuables lor.. wear like a peasant.. wear rain clothes makes u look darn like a peasant..

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
u do mod in malaysia, come back VICOM inspection how to pass?..

the best is not to reveal any valuables lor.. wear like a peasant.. wear rain clothes makes u look darn like a peasant..

Bro you dun hv to mod the exhaust. Others are internal parts. No one knows what you did.
Alot of people done that ...:smile: including me. Haha..

Haha i should go and get one rain cloths too ...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro you dun hv to mod the exhaust. Others are internal parts. No one knows what you did.
Alot of people done that ...:smile: including me. Haha..

Haha i should go and get one rain cloths too ...

i am riding a rxz, what can i mod?

bigger piston?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
2T bike can fly already . Bigger piston also not too bad ...
But dont fly too fast . Later up heaven . Lol :biggrin:

So, are you going to get a Wave ?

still consider to see if i can get a class 3 this april ..
first attempt at TP..

if can get class 3 , might stopped riding and be safe..

but riding really can cut cost alot..

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
still consider to see if i can get a class 3 this april ..
first attempt at TP..

if can get class 3 , might stopped riding and be safe..

but riding really can cut cost alot..

Wah bro u haven't get yr class 3 huh?! Want to buy car already!!? U got more confident than me bro!!! Hahahaha
I pass my 2B last time and the seller just outside the BBDC waiting for me go change name!!!! Lol
In the end kana drenched! Bought the bike at a rush, kana rip off as got to change magnet coil, now I not stupid anymore!!! I buy new ones!!!!:biggrin:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bikes like cars can do lots of mods. Power mods should always be last on the list though. If you cannot go fast or handle 10hp, 50hp is wasted is the saying :smile:

I would suggest making sure all maintenance like oil , spark plugs and other expendables are up to date. If types are more than 2 years old, change them out.

To get more power, you must know what you are doing else you will be a carrot head to the workshop. Arm yourself with knowledge like the way you go about getting a home in JB is the right attitude :smile:

i am riding a rxz, what can i mod?

bigger piston?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bikes like cars can do lots of mods. Power mods should always be last on the list though. If you cannot go fast or handle 10hp, 50hp is wasted is the saying :smile:

I would suggest making sure all maintenance like oil , spark plugs and other expendables are up to date. If types are more than 2 years old, change them out.

To get more power, you must know what you are doing else you will be a carrot head to the workshop. Arm yourself with knowledge like the way you go about getting a home in JB is the right attitude :smile:

I guessed i should just stick buying a picanto / kenari rather than bike i guessed.. too dangerous....

*faster get my driving license before i say the above! :p

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guessed i should just stick buying a picanto / kenari rather than bike i guessed.. too dangerous....

*faster get my driving license before i say the above! :p

Agree. My mum almost fainted when I came home one day and tell her I just met an accident when riding, although not serious, just lost some skin on the leg.

But I continue to ride after completing BMT, for the convenience and cannot afford a car.

Resistance comes from family. I told myself to stop riding in order to keep their minds at ease.

I still miss the riding but has since switched to public transport and car.

LGLab, just my humble opinion, take it a step at a time in buying the car, so that you have time to get used to the new ride and also the change in lifestyle and finance. The MY car can wait a while.

Just like how one fuss over any new acquisition, your new purchase of a car will keep you busy. :biggrin:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
are u still riding daily from SG > JB ?

:biggrin:

Bro I really envy u, cos yr parents willing to follow u to Malaysia....
I ask my mother to move to my place but she always rejected....
Very sad! I buy big house also no use.... She rather stay in her 3 room flat which is small and dusty. I envy u as u can show yr filial piety - forgot how to spell..