• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Don't Be Fooled

082-You-say..-God-says..-650x481.jpg

There is no distortion as claimed by Frodo, he is just blowing hot air because he has nothing to dispute due to his lack of knowledge:wink: Not even 1 line he can pull down:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no distortion as claimed by Frodo, he is just blowing hot air because he has nothing to dispute due to his lack of knowledge:wink: Not even 1 line he can pull down:wink:

Distortion so blatant still want to deny? Your lack of knowledge has been repeatedly exposed by me, you can't dispute that.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

The idiot and self-contradicting frodo can't even say what he think is the distortion, less tearing down a line:wink:What a delusional fuckhead... Whahahahaha.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

The idiot and self-contradicting frodo can't even say what he think is the distortion, less tearing down a line:wink:What a delusional fuckhead... Whahahahaha.

When cornered, the typical village atheist will resort to vulgarities knowing that the Christian usually does not retaliate in kind, hoping that by hurling vulgarities the Christian will stop responding and so he can continue the blatant distortions about the faith without challenge. I can see through this tactic. The civil and cordial village atheist who really knows about Christianity is very rare or perhaps simply does not exist on this forum.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

When cornered, the typical village atheist will resort to vulgarities knowing that the Christian usually does not retaliate in kind, hoping that by hurling vulgarities the Christian will stop responding and so he can continue the blatant distortions about the faith without challenge. I can see through this tactic. The civil and cordial village atheist who really knows about Christianity is very rare or perhaps simply does not exist on this forum.

Why am being corned? You are talking under hyper-hyper delusion. You have no theological argument, you are just a NOTHING blowing hot air at Mickey mouse points... :wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

The self-proclaimed Biblical knowledgeable frodo is still unable to tear down any of the lines :wink: That speaks volume.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To me, the bible needs to read in the context of the time it was written. That is, its a book written 2000 to 3000 ++++ years ago. It needs to be read in the understanding of the society during that time. If clowns just take 1 verse and say bible say this..the reader must ask what did that verse meant during that time?

For example the giving of tithes,,its an old testament jewish requirement probably to support the jewish community. Is it relevent in todays society? I dont think so due to churches etc having tax breaks and all the other 'benefits' which was not available during the old days...

The word "literally" needs to be explained. The Bible should be read in a literal way, by which is meant according to its literary genre, in its most natural sense and plain sense i.e. the historical-grammatical approach. Much damage has been done when an overly wooden literal approach is taken, or the extreme allegorical approach is taken. Both are irresponsible ways of interpreting the Bible.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you like playing chess with pigeon?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pigeon chess

Pigeon chess
Refers to having a pointless debate with somebody utterly ignorant of the subject matter, but standing on a dogmatic position that cannot be moved with any amount of education or logic, but who always proclaims victory.

Origin:
"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." -- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer (From an Amazon.com book review)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

To me, the bible needs to read in the context of the time it was written. That is, its a book written 2000 to 3000 ++++ years ago. It needs to be read in the understanding of the society during that time. If clowns just take 1 verse and say bible say this..the reader must ask what did that verse meant during that time?

For example the giving of tithes,,its an old testament jewish requirement probably to support the jewish community. Is it relevent in todays society? I dont think so due to churches etc having tax breaks and all the other 'benefits' which was not available during the old days...

057-Get-your-story-straight.jpg

You are championing context, I can see. How to interpret using the context 2000 years ago? Does it mean in the context 2000 years ago Joseph was fathered by 2 different men? And both Mattew and Luke are actually right? But in today context, it is an obvious factual(not typo) contradiction. Bro, I know you have more substance and credential than a somebody else, so you won't taichi or beat around the bush like him:wink:

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you like playing chess with pigeon?

I am playing chess with a dumbass pigeon for a few months...The pigeon entertainments me motivate me to go on and gives me new ideas for my daily posting:wink:

The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power of reason.
-Voltaire

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am playing chess with a dumbass pigeon for a few months...The pigeon entertainments me motivate me to go on and gives me new ideas for my daily posting:wink:

The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power of reason.
-Voltaire

The pigeon speakeths!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

You wish the 2head dumbass fundamentalist frodo to stop tithing is like over his dead body :wink:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't believe that tithing is for the Christian. Oops, village atheist busted again!

Absolutely right! Tithing is not a Christian doctrine.

For those who are interested in this topic, you can google for sermons or articles by Dr. Earl Russell Kelly or search key words on: Should Church Teach Tithings? (Well, the short answer to this short question is: NO! Absolutely not! and there are many biblical reasons that Dr. Kelly can point out to you in his sermon and his PhD article on this topic.)

Psalm23

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Its a jewish.or judaism practice. But nut jobs like con hees gang practice tat.

Absolutely right! Tithing is not a Christian doctrine.

For those who are interested in this topic, you can google for sermons or articles by Dr. Earl Russell Kelly or search key words on: Should Church Teach Tithings? (Well, the short answer to this short question is: NO! Absolutely not! and there are many biblical reasons that Dr. Kelly can point out to you in his sermon and his PhD article on this topic.)

Psalm23

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The 4 gospels offer Christ life in different accounts. They were not written in the same time so some thing r omitted n some r added. I no issue with tat. Look at today n use CST n CSJ as an example. The story between 2 of them is not entirely clear. CST say he was ask to leav sdp but csj ask him to stay. Something like tat has no accurate picture n u expect a 2000 yr ago combination of books translated n hand writted over that time to be fully accurate? Tat y cannot read it literally.

057-Get-your-story-straight.jpg

You are championing context, I can see. How to interpret using the context 2000 years ago? Does it mean in the context 2000 years ago Joseph was fathered by 2 different men? And both Mattew and Luke are actually right? But in today context, it is an obvious factual(not typo) contradiction. Bro, I know you have more substance and credential than a somebody else, so you won't taichi or beat around the bush like him:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 4 gospels offer Christ life in different accounts. They were not written in the same time so some thing r omitted n some r added. I no issue with tat. Look at today n use CST n CSJ as an example. The story between 2 of them is not entirely clear. CST say he was ask to leav sdp but csj ask him to stay. Something like tat has no accurate picture n u expect a 2000 yr ago combination of books translated n hand writted over that time to be fully accurate? Tat y cannot read it literally.

The 4 Gospels are looking at the life of Jesus through 4 different persons' view of things, written with specific purposes, eg. Luke to Theophilus to give an account of the life of Jesus. 4 different perspectives converge on one person Jesus Christ, who separates history as we know it BC and AD, though people now use BCE to avoid the Christian link. Yet there is no conflict or contradiction in all the Gospels. A harmony of the Gospels have been attempted by many people, and it can be done, though there are admittedly some difficulties and differences because the Gospels were not written like a diary in strict chronological order and details. Village atheists who say the Gospels are hopelessly conflicted and contradicted are ignorant of Christian writings that have established just the opposite.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

The account of the same episode by CST and CSJ is CONTRADICTORY according the defination of the word. Since you are convinced the bible is not very accurate, how can't it be a compass especially a moral one? And, I thought the authors were supposingly 'inspired'?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the bible genesis account is correct in the context 2000 years ago, the sun at that time actually resolved around the earth. And many ignorant folks today have wronged the bible regarding this account because they failed to understand that it is a book written 2000++ years ago....:wink:

firmament.jpg

Reading the bible in context, Galileo's discovery did not contradict the bible....
Bellarmine-To-assert-that-the-earth-revolves-around-the-sun-is-as-erroneous-as-to-claim-that-Jesus-was-not-born-of-a-virgin-600x304.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the bible genesis account is correct in the context 2000 years ago, the sun at that time actually resolved around the earth. And many ignorant folks today have wronged the bible regarding this account because they failed to understand that it is a book written 2000++ years ago....:wink:

Betcha don't understand what is objective truth.