• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
John 20:1 There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre

vs

Mattew 28:1 There were two women who came to the sepulchre

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark 16:1 There were three women who came to the sepulchre

vs

Luke 24:10 There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mark 16:2 It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre

vs

John 20:1 It was some time before sunrise when they came.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right:wink:

I beg to differ. All these listings of so-called Bible contradictions are hardly new. Many Bible teachers and apologists have already addressed them. Christians do not need to panic upon seeing such lists.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ. All these listings of so-called Bible contradictions are hardly new. Many Bible teachers and apologists have already addressed them. Christians do not need to panic upon seeing such lists.

Very lame again :wink:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed. I don't think the way to look at scripture is to compare fine details. Different methods of expression will appear to make 2 different authors "contradictory".

In context, the scripture is trying to tell us something, which is the Jesus story.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Don't Be Fooled

Matthew 27:52-53 When Jesus died by crucifixion, tombs were opened and the bodies of many dead saints raised forth from their tombs, entered the city and appeared to many.

vs

Job 7:9 He that goes down to the grave comes up no more.

Who to believe?
Isnt the Bible supposed to be the inerrant and inspired Word of the Living God?

This is very serious factual contradictory!!! Can't be just different in expression of the same account:wink:
No much suprise to atheists because the bible is a story book compiled and copycatted out of human imagination:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Matthew 11:12-14 Jesus said: John the Baptist is Elijah

vs

John 1:21 John the Baptist said he was not Elijah

Who to believe? Matthew 11:12-14 or John 1:21?

For a religion book which such a highly acclaimation by their reward-thirsty believers, what is the level of tolerance for error?

This is very serious error in fact, can't be different in expression by different writers:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. I don't think the way to look at scripture is to compare fine details. Different methods of expression will appear to make 2 different authors "contradictory".

In context, the scripture is trying to tell us something, which is the Jesus story.

Bro, you are half right:wink: Still I respect your reasoning, even it is different from my view.

The list contradiction touched you more than me, read the fine details again.....then come back to tell us whether different methods of expression is the cause.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is big difference between conflicting and contradicting account of stories. Many real stories that told by eye-witnesses would inadvently give a slightly account. Take the current bus crash at Genting Highland. Up to now, the authorities still do not know exactly the actual facts and many of the survivors gave different account. But the fact is true: The bus did fall into the ravine and many were killed.

As in the 4 gospels, the stories were recorded and/or told by eye-witnesses, and many of these stories were witnessed by hundred or even thousand of people like the crucification of Jesus. In fact, the conflict 'fact's proved one very important thing: The Bible is written no conspiracy! They recorded exactly what the eye-witnesses saw. So, yes...one woman or two women wouldn't change the story....woman (or women) and not man (or men) did in fact witnessed the empty tomb. the resurrection of Christ.

If all the 4 gospel wrote exactly, word for word, of each other...than what's the point of having 4 gospels? One should be good enough. The fact that there are 4 gospels tell us that the stories recorded were actual events and more importantly, witnessed by many people of diverse background and these account for the so-called 'conflicting' aspect of the stories (but the stories do not contradict among the gospels).

Psalm23

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

No much suprise to atheists because the bible is a story book compiled and copycatted out of human imagination:wink:

Please show evidence that the Bible is (1) storybook (2) compiled (3) copycatted (4) out of human imagination. So 4 things for you to provide evidence in support. Will wait while you scramble to surf the net for answers, upon which you would be grilled to defend those answers.

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

GET YOUR BULLSHIT STORY STRAIGHT BEFORE CLAIMING THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION :p :wink:

057-Get-your-story-straight.jpg

Last edited:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Get your confused mind sorted out about what a contradiction really is before claiming there is a contradiction.

The contradiction is layout clearly. And clearly,a factual contradiction or error. No some kind of typo or accounting mistake...

Explain why there is no contradiction? If not, it hold:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Indeed, don't be fooled by village atheists who distort the Bible out of fear that there is a God who judges them.

Don't be fooled by a dumbass who lies or get many facts about the bible wrong. Ask frodo what he commented on circumcision and marriage in the bible which were exposed to be untrue:wink:

082-You-say..-God-says..-650x481.jpg

Each line, there is the relevant bible chapter and verse. Mr Frodo would be able to debunk line by line if they are really distortions. But obviously, he can't. He can't only make some unsupported claims:wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal

More contradictions to debunk the claim about gospel writer being inspired by God:wink:

FDZ5kWz.png