• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware Of Confidence Tricksters

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

I kena conned by someone here. Always I must pay whilst drinking heineken at coffeeshop. When beer promoter comes to clear empty bottles and ask whether open some more, he suddenly blah, blah, blah and buat bodoh ...:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I kena conned by someone here. Always I must pay whilst drinking heineken at coffeeshop. When beer promoter comes to clear empty bottles and ask whether open some more, he suddenly blah, blah, blah and buat bodoh ...:o
nax time, u tel him u blanjah go lejens palace drink chivas ...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree.

I kena conned by someone here. Always I must pay whilst drinking heineken at coffeeshop. When beer promoter comes to clear empty bottles and ask whether open some more, he suddenly blah, blah, blah and buat bodoh ...:o

I have no idea why forummers want to meet others in real life. Since the old delphi, there have been at least 4 or 5 instances of people meeting others and ending very badly, including outright swindling. Lives have been broken.

There have been cases of forummers lending money and not getting it back. Why do the lessons of yore have to be learnt again and again and again? Can't you fellas have some basic common sense.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those people who invested their money with so call financial managers/gurus or whatever deserved to lose their money. I have always invested my own money.

At least you are honest about your intentions on being a point whore, whether sarcastic or otherwise.

Not like some people, accumulate 1000+ points through whoring and yet denying that they are point whore.

I like people who man up to the truth, not those who behave like girls and snipe others.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall another long standing feud between smelly tong and ahbengsong i don't think it was ever brought to this forum.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some extracts from wikipedia:

A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. A confidence artist is an individual operating alone or in concert with others who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naivety and greed.
QUOTE]

People who get con usually are, greedy, lust for beauty, superstitious and are easily led by the nose, there is no harm in meeting forummers just need to be carefull as you do most of the time meeting stranger.

Anyone suggesting new biz venture to you, you need to do your own DD and not hearsay.....:smile:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At least you are honest about your intentions on being a point whore, whether sarcastic or otherwise.

Not like some people, accumulate 1000+ points through whoring and yet denying that they are point whore.

I like people who man up to the truth, not those who behave like girls and snipe others.

Nothing to deny at all. And since people kept harping that I'm one, I might as well do my best and not disappoint them. :biggrin:

The only way to silence your critic is to do better. Surrendering or giving in only makes them laugh louder.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea why forummers want to meet others in real life. Since the old delphi, there have been at least 4 or 5 instances of people meeting others and ending very badly, including outright swindling. Lives have been broken.

There have been cases of forummers lending money and not getting it back. Why do the lessons of yore have to be learnt again and again and again? Can't you fellas have some basic common sense.

TFBH,

Why can't online forummers meet in real life? :wink:
Make a pact first before meeting - cannot talk abut money or cannot have sex lah.

Last edited:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to deny at all. And since people kept harping that I'm one, I might as well do my best and not disappoint them. :biggrin:

The only way to silence your critic is to do better. Surrendering or giving in only makes them laugh louder.

Raiders,

Please upz me.
Thank you! :wink:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were a series of cases where MAS became concerned. It involved Singaporeans who were swindling private banking customers who were trailed from certain overseas banks to their hotels. The con will take place in the hotel Bar where a Singaporean poses as a rich and successful businessman with other "well known rich and successful" local businessmen would drop by and compliment him on his business acumen.

To cut a long story short, they would convince the mark to invest in a joint venture and the mark to have a controlling stake of 51% as the local businessmen is too busy to run the venture. The Businessman will deliver Swiss Bearer bonds which only exist in one imagination for his share of the venture. To provide assurance, more bonds are given to the mark as security. The money is emptied once the Mark desposits his share into the joint account.

The targets were Indonesian and Caucasians. Apparently most customers refuse to lodge a complaint due to the embarrassment as they are supposed to have control of the venture. The first report was lodged by a Kiwi sheep farmer.

I never thought Singaporeans can run such sophisticated cons. The whole thing required patience, good team, well educated locals etc. the ring leader had a condo in Sommerville Parl.

this only serves to prove that intelligence and wealth can exist independently of each other. a fool and his money are soon parted.

jw5

Loyal
this only serves to prove that intelligence and wealth can exist independently of each other. a fool and his money are soon parted.

He has an "entitlement mentality". What this means is that he thinks he is entitled to the good life in general, and unfortunately, also entitled to scam someone, since well, he is "entitled" to do so. This mentality could arise from a misguided notion that he is actually very "good and capable", but because of some misfortune or unfairness or lack of foresight by others, they failed to see his "talents".

You may get to hear his emotional baggage, I emphasize again, when he thinks he is annonymous.
"My family didn't support me, my mother supported my sister more, my former employers never sent me overseas, I have nothing but bad luck, so-and- so didn't recognise my capability, blah blah blah etc etc etc".

Everytime the cunning one logs on with whatever nickname, I'll try to give him (you?) something to read, even if it's not new.
Something perhaps to remind him that his mother and employers saw something in him they didn't trust. Good judgement on their part.
The emotional baggage mentioned above were all things posted by him at one time or another, using different nicknames.
Trying to make the baggage just that little bit heavier.

T

TuaBui

Bro jw looks like you are helping him carry those luggages .
Why like that ?

jw5

Loyal
Bro jw looks like you are helping him carry those luggages .
Why like that ?

Because his family never help him mah. And he still hasn't found his virgin chiobu life partner.

For a newbie u read very fast hor?

T

TuaBui

Because his family never help him mah. And he still hasn't found his virgin chiobu life partner.

For a newbie u read very fast hor?

Bro , be at peace with yourself and everyone.
Life is short and unpredicable.
Jesus was a Single.
St Paul was a Single.
Buddha left his wife and family.
Nothing great about getting married in Sinkieland.
In Muddland maybe he can have 3 wifes and 7 gf. No big deal.
Be at Peace within.