• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware Of Confidence Tricksters

jw5

Loyal
Some extracts from wikipedia:

A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence. A confidence artist is an individual operating alone or in concert with others who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty and honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naivety and greed.

Terminology
A confidence trick is also known as a con game, con, scam, grift, hustle, bunko, bunco, swindle, flimflam, gaffle, or bamboozle. The intended victims are known as marks. The perpetrator of a confidence trick is often referred to as a confidence man or woman, con man or woman, con artist or grifter. When accomplices are employed, they are known as shills.

In David Mamet's film House of Games, the main con artist gives a slightly different description of the "confidence game". He explains that, in a typical swindle, the con man gives the mark his own confidence, encouraging the mark to in turn trust him. The con artist thus poses as a trustworthy person seeking another trustworthy person.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
confidence artist??
548078_321425891275897_176258096_n.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were a series of cases where MAS became concerned. It involved Singaporeans who were swindling private banking customers who were trailed from certain overseas banks to their hotels. The con will take place in the hotel Bar where a Singaporean poses as a rich and successful businessman with other "well known rich and successful" local businessmen would drop by and compliment him on his business acumen.

To cut a long story short, they would convince the mark to invest in a joint venture and the mark to have a controlling stake of 51% as the local businessmen is too busy to run the venture. The Businessman will deliver Swiss Bearer bonds which only exist in one imagination for his share of the venture. To provide assurance, more bonds are given to the mark as security. The money is emptied once the Mark desposits his share into the joint account.

The targets were Indonesian and Caucasians. Apparently most customers refuse to lodge a complaint due to the embarrassment as they are supposed to have control of the venture. The first report was lodged by a Kiwi sheep farmer.

I never thought Singaporeans can run such sophisticated cons. The whole thing required patience, good team, well educated locals etc. the ring leader had a condo in Sommerville Parl.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is the confidence trickster in this forum? :confused:

I don't mind playing a game of Wheel of Fortune.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Those people who invested their money with so call financial managers/gurus or whatever deserved to lose their money. I have always invested my own money.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Who is the confidence trickster in this forum? :confused:

I don't mind playing a game of Wheel of Fortune.

You are sharp. Master jw5 is relating to the confidence conmen in this forum and Scroobal thought otherwise :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
There are 2 possible characteristics/traits of a potential confidence artist.

1. The first is that he is probably lacking in morals or ethics. How he got that way, nobody really knows. Could be a combination of upbringing, family or social influences, bad experiences, frustrations, etc. Education unlkely to be a factor, if you consider the number of degree holders and professionals who have become con artists in some form or other. Sometimes, you can get an idea of his mindset by reading or hearing what he says, while he is still annonymous. Cannot stress the latter part enough. Basically he stands for nothing and the lack of principles is seen by what he says.

He tends to be more interested in ostentatious matters, "does this person look good?", "is this car or watch worth buying", etc etc.

2. The second is that he has an "entitlement mentality". What this means is that he thinks he is entitled to the good life in general, and unfortunately, also entitled to scam someone, since well, he is "entitled" to do so. This mentality could arise from a misguided notion that he is actually very "good and capable", but because of some misfortune or unfairness or lack of foresight by others, they failed to see his "talents".

You may get to hear his emotional baggage, I emphasize again, when he thinks he is annonymous.
"My family didn't support me, my mother supported my sister more, my former employers never sent me overseas, I have nothing but bad luck, so-and- so didn't recognise my capability, blah blah blah etc etc etc". :rolleyes:

Due to the above 2 factors, his comments tend to be vitriolic in nature when he believes he is annonymous.
Of course, he will change to becoming as sweet as honey when his identity is known, particularly to his target(s)/mark(s).
You obviously can't afford to be nasty when you want something, right?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Master JW5

Don't waste your time. i warned the target when he began to reveal his personal details and business interests months ago shortly after coming onboard. Never learned anything and continues to meet people. The guy after him is on his 3rd nick in recent years. Always seeks guidance on new business ventures that he asks silly questions to bait suckers.

People who continue to reveal their identity and meet deserve the consequences. But the ego will hide the loss.

This guy is wanted in Singapore having had a previous brushes with the law that he thinks he is an expert in the law environment.

Ps. Better tell your grasshopper that reading between the lines is many steps ahead of reading body language.

There are 2 possible characteristics/traits of a potential confidence artist.

Due to the above 2 factors, his comments tend to be vitriolic in nature when he believes he is annonymous.
Of course, he will change to becoming as sweet as honey when his identity is known, particularly to his target(s)/mark(s).
You obviously can't afford to be nasty when you want something, right?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Master JW5

Don't waste your time. i warned the target when he began to reveal his personal details and business interests months ago shortly after coming onboard. Never learned anything and continues to meet people. The guy after him is on his 3rd nick in recent years. Always seeks guidance on new business ventures that he asks silly questions to bait suckers.

People who continue to reveal their identity and meet deserve the consequences. But the ego will hide the loss.

This guy is wanted in Singapore having had a previous brushes with the law that he thinks he is an expert in the law environment.

Ps. Better tell your grasshopper that reading between the lines is many steps ahead of reading body language.

You 2 are giving me a headache. Please let me know whats going on :o

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is getting exciting. Any names please if you sincerely want to warn forumers against confidence trickster. For all you know, i could be the grandfather of all confidence trickster. :smile:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is getting exciting. Any names please if you sincerely want to warn forumers against confidence trickster. For all you know, i could be the grandfather of all confidence trickster. :smile:

Yes, they were mentioning about you in the chat room.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Master JW5

Ps. Better tell your graGsshopper that reading between the lines is many steps ahead of reading body language.
Lights off but still got some signal.

Scrobal, you think too highly of yourself. You are just another faceless character here. Why you behave like you are the almighty god. I don't like your bite around the bush crap. Joetys is the one you mentioned. I admit i know joetys personally and you don't have to worry about joetys. I rather you worry about spending too much time on sbf.

Jw5, think it's fair you quote the names. Not steady to put 1/2 ball nia rite? Your mesaage strongly suggested khun ying pojaman and queen seon duk are the names. Any thing i miss?

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Master JW5

Not sure who u are actually referring to but i presume it must be my other half. He is my friend so i can't give him orders but make a list of do's and don'ts here. Contrary to what u all think and see on the surface, Leongsam will have a good laugh if he reads this because he is the only one who can see what is going on behind the scenes which is out of access to every other mods.

Another thing is that i don't like to and can't possibly play the saviour or vigilante role for the reason that the forum host is neutral and have helped my enemies.

And Raiders the points whore who with his clones likes doing this - associate me with jw5. Silly.

Hello Sir, new clone reporting. My boss Jw5 say if wanna use clone, must report to you first. Please don't zap me. Kum Sia.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another thing is that i don't like to and can't possibly play the saviour or vigilante role for the reason that the forum host is neutral and have helped my enemies.

And Raiders the points whore who with his clones likes doing this - associate me with jw5. Silly.

LOL, you really need to see a doctor fast. I admit that I am a point whore. Do you dare to admit that you are a clone whore? Dont twist and turn. Just answer yes or no. If you dont answer, just remain hiding under your mother's skirt.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL, you really need to see a doctor fast. I admit that I am a point whore. Do you dare to admit that you are a clone whore? Dont twist and turn. Just answer yes or no. If you dont answer, just remain hiding under your mother's skirt.

What else do u know besides fucking PRC whores? You have to show me proof while i don't have to and it's not important to me whether u believe me or not. What remains is that i am an asshole here will remain one. :biggrin:

Last edited: