• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best way to travel to Shenzhen ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to fly to Hong Kong but proceed straight to Shenzhen upon arriving in Hong Kong. The reason is the cheaper hotel rates in Shenzhen.

Now with the High Speed Rail from Hong Kong to Shenzhen ready in September, what would be the best way to travel ? I understand the bullet train station is in West Kowloon, so it doesn't fit my purpose.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I plan to fly to Hong Kong but proceed straight to Shenzhen upon arriving in Hong Kong. The reason is because of the cheaper hotel rates in Shenzhen.

Now with the High Speed Train from Hong Kong to Shenzhen ready, what would be the best way to travel ? I understand the bullet train station is in West Kowloon, so it doesn't fit my purpose.
Even with HSR, the trip from airport to West Kowloon then to Shenzhen is no good. Better to to Guangzhou Baiyun airport then HSR to Shenzhen direct. Faster, cheaper (SIN to GZ cheaper) and faster. I do that but instead of Shenzhen, go China home at Foshan.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take normal MTR to Lo Wu station on the border. Clear HK customs. Then walk across long underground pedestrian walkway to China side. After clear Chinese custom, you can link to Shenzhen MTR - no need to go outside. Just follow the signs and ..... crowd. Impossible to get lost. I presume Lok Ma Chau (another MTR station) on border will be same procedure. Lok Ma Chau or Lo Wo will depend on where your SZ hotel is. Either way you have to take the S1, S56 or S64 bus from airport to Tung Chung to connect to MTR system. Other bus also can but connect to other stations in MTR system. Have to change trains - check out MTR website to see where to change, etc.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are long distance buses from basement of HK Terminal 2 to mainland China destinations. Never taken those before. Go to the customer counter there and inquire.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotels in shenzhen can't be that cheap until worth taking trains there.i would think shezhen itself is a happening place. Stay shenzhen few days, then go stay hong kong few days.no?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotels in shenzhen can't be that cheap until worth taking trains there.i would think shezhen itself is a happening place. Stay shenzhen few days, then go stay hong kong few days.no?
Hotels in Shenzhen are at least 70% cheaper than those in HK. Anyway, my priority is to go SZ and the reason I'm flying HK is because the airfare to SZ is awfully expensive compared to HK.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are long distance buses from basement of HK Terminal 2 to mainland China destinations. Never taken those before. Go to the customer counter there and inquire.
I understand I can take a bus from airport to Tianshui, one stop before Lohu. Still, as far as possible, I try to avoid dragging luggage up and down.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with HSR, the trip from airport to West Kowloon then to Shenzhen is no good. Better to to Guangzhou Baiyun airport then HSR to Shenzhen direct. Faster, cheaper (SIN to GZ cheaper) and faster. I do that but instead of Shenzhen, go China home at Foshan.
This is a new idea. I will research on it. But SGP to Guangzhou very odd timing.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Shenzhen hotels are really much cheaper compared with HK; even with all the extra travelling and stops involved, it is still cost-effective. Besides I think Shenzhen is more happening than HK nowadays!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I plan to fly to Hong Kong but proceed straight to Shenzhen upon arriving in Hong Kong. The reason is the cheaper hotel rates in Shenzhen.

Now with the High Speed Rail from Hong Kong to Shenzhen ready in September, what would be the best way to travel ? I understand the bullet train station is in West Kowloon, so it doesn't fit my purpose.

The best advice I can give is to avoid China altogether. It is a disease ridden cesspit full of the most obnoxious people imaginable.