• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEST @ Plaza Singapura Is CLOSING DOWN.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walked past this place yesterday and there is a closing down sales. WOW!

Are they moving to somewhere cheaper or scaling down operations in rent expensive Singapore?

Also heard a BIG JAP store will be moving completely out of Singapore for good soon.

But GDP figures very good mah. Even better than CHINA....CAn believe ah?.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BEST denki you mean?

BESt Denki....it was part of Yahon I think.... I miss Yaohan at Plaza SINgapura...now known as PS...

You guys remember the supermarket at the basement? & Yaohan Store at Thomson Plaza??

Plaza SIN...the top floor, McLionel King eatery...:biggrin:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jap Companies are starting to realize that middle-class Sinkies are generally too poor to buy their products and the GDP figures Singapore has is all but blowhard

So many are in HDB Arrears.. How can they afford to buy electronics from Best Denki??

Of course there are rich people in Singapore but in general, they are saving up to weather the next storm!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jap Companies are starting to realize that middle-class Sinkies are generally too poor to buy their products and the GDP figures Singapore has is all but blowhard

So many are in HDB Arrears.. How can they afford to buy electronics from Best Denki??

Of course there are rich people in Singapore but in general, they are saving up to weather the next storm!

Actually there are other Best Denki stores elsewhere in Ngee Ann, Bishan, City Plaza... They are actually moving into the heartlands & away from high rent Orchard Rd.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually there are other Best Denki stores elsewhere in Ngee Ann, Bishan, City Plaza... They are actually moving into the heartlands & away from high rent Orchard Rd.

Benst Denki at Compass Pt, SengKang...Century Square, Tampines...

Before Carrefour took over the basement...the NTUC venture US Themed suprmarket didn't make it... I think is was called Republic Supermarmet, they had one at Jurong point too, it closed down..

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they are facing lots of rental issues in Orchard Road...

Lots of F&B have closed shop, I've heard...

A tough time for these developers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Benst Denki at Compass Pt, SengKang...Century Square, Tampines...

Before Carrefour took over the basement...the NTUC venture US Themed suprmarket didn't make it... I think is was called Republic Supermarmet, they had one at Jurong point too, it closed down..

Leche to list all their branches lah, thats why I use " ...":smile:

Who can forget that Republic supermarket ? NTUC's attempt to go upmarket, How many consumers are willing to pay more for Coke imported from the US :smile:

Back then you also had all those NTUC electronic stores. NTUC had plenty of $$$ to throw away on half baked business ventures, instead of giving back the $$ to it's members :rolleyes:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back then you also had all those NTUC electronic stores. NTUC had plenty of $$$ to throw away on half baked business ventures, instead of giving back the $$ to it's members :rolleyes:

NTUC should seriously try farming and producing their own food. This is the best way to pass savings to the consumers. Buying from other producers will always subject NTUC to fluctuations in prices and eat into their profit and increase costs for consumers.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is rubbish. Just look at Courts. They have been tapping on the Mats and Minahs with their installments plans for years!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they are facing lots of rental issues in Orchard Road...

Lots of F&B have closed shop, I've heard...

A tough time for these developers

Same thing going on in Funan with the closing of Times book store, Delifrance, V.Hive furniture store & some other stores.

I think Capital Land owns Plaza Spura & Funan. I don't feel sorry for them, as they are one of those who keep raising the rentals..

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same thing going on in Funan with the closing of Times book store, Delifrance, V.Hive furniture store & some other stores.

I think Capital Land owns Plaza Spura & Funan. I don't feel sorry for them, as they are one of those who keep raising the rentals..

They are too greedy.... Why not boost the local expenditure by reducing rent and passing the savings to the consumers???

In return, Govt can reduce their taxes

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is rubbish. Just look at Courts. They have been tapping on the Mats and Minahs with their installments plans for years!

The business model for this company is different. They are more into the "money lending" business with their hire-purchase schemes for the mats.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true! one minah told me hari raya coming and she 's afriad of looking into newspaper as there may be advertisement to buy something too hard to resist.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC should seriously try farming and producing their own food. This is the best way to pass savings to the consumers. Buying from other producers will always subject NTUC to fluctuations in prices and eat into their profit and increase costs for consumers.

I doubt that anyone in NTUC has the ability to manage their own farms/producers like MacDonalds.

We're after talking about a company who's failed regionally & is only profitable in Spore with the protection of big brothers :rolleyes:

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
BESt Denki....it was part of Yahon I think.... I miss Yaohan at Plaza SINgapura...now known as PS...

You guys remember the supermarket at the basement? & Yaohan Store at Thomson Plaza??

Plaza SIN...the top floor, McLionel King eatery...:biggrin:

Yes! i remember. it brings back many fond memories. I love d An Pan bread (red bean bread coated wif sugar powder) tat were sold at d basement bakery of Yaohan. Sigh...... those were d days man bro..... times really fly! i was then a new army boy at tat period of times n i used to take Electone organ class at d Yamaha Music Sch at d top flr. :smile: