• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEST @ Plaza Singapura Is CLOSING DOWN.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now yaohan katong turn into condo...yup i am call the king of pacman by my competitors and also king of fighting spiders which i use to bush around at CMPB dempsey road..and my hand is fast too i use to steal some cookies at tay ban guan super market tat is why the install the camera:p

They installed cameras at Tay Buan Guan supermarket, because of you?. Those of you, too young to know, tay Bang Guan was like ION of yesterday, ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

Family does theie shopping there..for it was chic! then, other than going to town...use to buy the small little coloured book on aircrafts from the mama book store there..

Now it ahd become a condo also...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
curse

curse by too close to the devil.
you know they are too near temasek HQ.
you know lah, who is there every working day.
even if apple computer will be build an apple store there, being close to devil will sure close down.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: curse

RENTAL killing all retail shop. One by one shop closing down in Orchard Rd. many are planning to move out because of the high rental but cannot due to the contract and agreement sign. In 1~2 year time I estimate many shop lot will be vacant no tenant willing to renew contract.
Orchard central dying and Ion will follow soon. Next maybe lucky plaza because of the flood problem. Too many shopping complex in that area fighting for same customer.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a really good sign that so many people that hang around SBF can remember those old days of Yoahan and Tay Ban Guan.

Previously there was always the thinking that those hanging around SBF were those in the 20s and 30s. Based on this discussion thread, it would appear that we have probably quite a number in their 40s.

This means that the demographic shift against the PAP is probably much greater than previously anticipated. There was always the faint hope among the PAP that maybe they could count on the support of those in their 40s as these were presumably not as badly affected by their policies as those who are currently in their 20s and 30s.

Also if you look at the recent CNA YOG poll, you can use this as a proxy for the number of opposition supporters versus PAP supporters. Assuming that both sides went all out to vote results in their favour, this seems to suggest that on the internet, opposition supporters outnumber PAP supporters by a ratio of 10:1. If you use this forum to approximate the demographics, it woukld appear that quite a number of these online opposition supporters are in their 40s as opposed to previous thinking that all of them were in their 20s and 30s.

This supports that hypothesis that the upcoming elections will see cracks in the PAP domination. The break will come in the next election. For this reason, the PAP seems to changed tack with regard to the elections. Instead of the traditional elections to secure a mandate, the strategy now appears to be to delay the elections as long as possible so that they can have an additional 2 to 3 years in power before demographic wave against them can no longer be contained.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree too that the games arcade at golden mile is much smaller,i was once on an OJT assignment at crawford HDB which was still under const and i use to go there and play my pacman there in the evening...and the lady at the coin changing counter on seeing me would say aiya its you again(hokien)because she knows for 40cts i can play for hrs:p.,i like galaxians too but not good at it.

crwaford hdb is 25years old. wah, u must be around 50 years old. which makes u relatively young compared to most of the forummers here...

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I miss the old Yaohan esp the makan stalls at the basement. Nice fishballs and donuts. Dunno why that place always make me feel comfortable. Nowadays the shopping malls all got that very cold feeling. Dun even feel like shopiing there. The foodmalls's food also taste like fark.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: curse

RENTAL killing all retail shop. One by one shop closing down in Orchard Rd. many are planning to move out because of the high rental but cannot due to the contract and agreement sign. In 1~2 year time I estimate many shop lot will be vacant no tenant willing to renew contract.
Orchard central dying and Ion will follow soon. Next maybe lucky plaza because of the flood problem. Too many shopping complex in that area fighting for same customer.

RETAIL is DEAD. This is confirmed. Being in RETAIL, a good percentage of retailers are here in this world to continue paying rental to landlords. They are here for only this reason. If they are thinking of lacing their own pockets, they are still dreaming

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other Jap supermarts that collapsed with the Jap bubble were Tokyu and Seiyu. I don't miss them since I didn't shop there much.

I remember seeing the Tokyu store on the 2nd fl of Funan. Nothing really interesting there. Nothing like Yaohan, Best Denki & Kinokuniya which attracted the crowds

I also remember at one time there was a japanese radio station in Spore. I think it was at the basement of Ngee Ann? It eventually closed down when so many Japanese left Spore.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I miss the old Yaohan esp the makan stalls at the basement. Nice fishballs and donuts. Dunno why that place always make me feel comfortable. Nowadays the shopping malls all got that very cold feeling. Dun even feel like shopiing there. The foodmalls's food also taste like fark.

The word here is family shopping. Heartlands are booming because they cater to family shopping. Yaohan was catered where whole family can go shopping, eating and everyone have things to shop around. The malls these days are catered only for a segment of people. Either for the teens or for the fashion groupies. So whatever there is for family shopping can only be left at heartlands.

If anyone wants to open a restaurant, open a family restaurant. Many of the family restaurants can survive to this day because as kids, their parents bring them there and when they grow up, they bring their kids. They can even bring their parents along by now already grandparents:p

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
crwaford hdb is 25years old. wah, u must be around 50 years old. which makes u relatively young compared to most of the forummers here...

Bro,last night why wife just told me why am i still like a little kid never grow up and let me win another argument..poon peepee(whistle)happy like mad..now can go out and sing my favorite song,i am not 50 just life after 41 waiting to make my million again:p
www.youtube/watch?v=1LH9s_P7yfM&feature=related

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As property prices continue to climb,people will have less and less to spend on other things-as utilities, transport and education fees are all going up also ,thanks to the papaya and the 66%.

The cheap staff (eg instant noodles) and the neighbourhood shops will do better.

I'm now beginning to see more and more Filipinos,PRC and Indians (from India) in Orchard Road .Same thing in condos too-as the S'poreans move out to HDB, the Filipinos,PRC and Indians FT will move in to take their place.

When the next crunch comes, these people will be the first to run road and we will see who and how they are going to fill up all these empty retail,office and warehouse space.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After school, we rarely talk about shcool work, of course we have to do our home work before we can go out to play & some of us have tution, ....:biggrin:

School was just a small part of our lifes back then & I remember the fun times outside of school more than I do with school itself. We had balance back then :smile:

Look around & you'll notice that today Sporeans are too pre-occupied with obtaining material wealth & they are grooming their kids to follow:rolleyes:

What a sad place Spore ha become :(

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
School was just a small part of our lifes back then & I remember the fun times outside of school more than I do with school itself. We had balance back then :smile:

Look around & you'll notice that today Sporeans are too pre-occupied with obtaining material wealth & they are grooming their kids to follow:rolleyes:

What a sad place Spore ha become :(

What material wealth? They are too pre-occupied just to pay the high mortgages and 3 square meals, they know their children have to struggle even harder.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What material wealth? They are too pre-occupied just to pay the high mortgages and 3 square meals, they know their children have to struggle even harder.

Please add, we have to work to pay for an extremely expensive government - Tak Boleh Tahan!!

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal
The S$ is too strong. Those from nearby countries cannot afford to shop here. Strong S$ benefit those investors especially in properties. Make from both capital gain and currency.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)

Please add, we have to work to pay for an extremely expensive government - Tak Boleh Tahan!!

The S$ is too strong. Those from nearby countries cannot afford to shop here. Strong S$ benefit those investors especially in properties. Make from both capital gain and currency.

All the above concur..in my business i deal or rub shoulder with the super rich both here and in msia..many of them at least have more then 3 to 8 properties all renting out,put it simply the rich will only get richer and the poor will always struggle to make end meet unless they struck the annual spore toto hong bao draw..i am not jealous of the riches they have but the fact is that they will always be living among us.:wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see it all around me:

Sporeans going into debt to buying cars & condos. Males & females going for branded clothing. People eating in restaurants. School kids with expensive handphones & iPods.

Even my colleague who had a well paying job overextended homself by borrowing for 2 homes & numerous cars. He got into trouble when the economy turned.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indonesians use to visit Spore for their shopping but now have many other alternatives like KL, LOS, Australia,..

Some may think that rich Indos are too rich to care but believe me, many do care. Spore is getting a reputation for being an expensive place & word spreads among the indo community in Spore who have links with many Indos back in indonesia.