• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best place in Singapore to buy Chinese herbs ?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought EYS and Hock Hua opened many outlets?

Used to see a lot at Katong Shopping Centre, Roxy, etc... now not many left.
I am looking for 片仔癀,an amazingly expensive capsule. I checked with Yue Hwa, they are selling it at a price higher than most neighbourhood medical halls. As for EYS, I think they are the most expensive.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's a supplement taken in small doses then paying a bit more shouldn't hurt.

I know EYS enforces very strict quality standards. There's another chain called ZTP (or something) which also imports and packages herbs. Can check them out.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am looking for 片仔癀,an amazingly expensive capsule. I checked with Yue Hwa, they are selling it at a price higher than most neighbourhood medical halls. As for EYS, I think they are the most expensive.

I think it’s only $60 each so you can get anywhere and they will cut into 8 portions and put in capsules for you anyway you should not eat too much

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it's a supplement taken in small doses then paying a bit more shouldn't hurt.

I know EYS enforces very strict quality standards. There's another chain called ZTP (or something) which also imports and packages herbs. Can check them out.
i typically go to eys as it’s clean, orderly, staffed with well trained salespersons, and they don’t push me banned and adulterated tiger penis, rhino horn, and elephant tusk products to jack up their sales.

HK_Tseung_Kwan_O_Po_Lam_Metro_City_2_Shop_Eu_Yan_Sang.JPG

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i typically go to eys as it’s clean, orderly, staffed with well trained salespersons, and they don’t push me banned and adulterated tiger penis, rhino horn, and elephant tusk products to jack up their sales.

HK_Tseung_Kwan_O_Po_Lam_Metro_City_2_Shop_Eu_Yan_Sang.JPG

Nothing but a big con job. None of those snake oil potions work.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it’s only $60 each so you can get anywhere and they will cut into 8 portions and put in capsules for you anyway you should not eat too much
Which shop selling the capsule at $60?

The one that I am referring to comes in standard packing, 10 capsules in separate packing @ $90 per capsule or $900 per box. That Yue Hwa selling at $100 + per capsule.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has happened to the Chinese medical hall business ?

Chop Wong Yew Nam located at Chinatown, Singapore. The best and most reliable in Singapore and South East Asia. My family's only Chinese medicine / herbal supplier since three generations ago.

To beat them, you will have to go to Cholon (Saigon, Vietnam) or Hong Kong, China.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

What does it do and what is the mechanism by which it interacts with the human body to produce benefical outcomes?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chop Wong Yew Nam located at Chinatown, Singapore. The best and most reliable in Singapore and South East Asia. My family's only Chinese medicine / herbal supplier since three generations ago.

To beat them, you will have to go to Cholon (Saigon, Vietnam) or Hong Kong, China.
Wow .. they have a really good website for a local Chinese medical hall.

http://wongyiunam.com/

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What does it do and what is the mechanism by which it interacts with the human body to produce benefical outcomes?

The work is monumental but there are some head ways.

Ginseng and its active compounds are being researched upon for the last decade now.
source: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/1749-8546-2-6.pdf

TCM had been researched upon for cancer research.
sources:
1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4250857
2. https://www.nature.com/articles/srep24944

These articles cited aren't from those fly-by-night journals, and anyone is welcomed to challenge these views and prove them wrong :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Which shop selling the capsule at $60?

The one that I am referring to comes in standard packing, 10 capsules in separate packing @ $90 per capsule or $900 per box. That Yue Hwa selling at $100 + per capsule.

It was a long time ago I bought for $60 at Tanglin Halt chinese medicine shop. Mine comes in a box like this and its only 1 brown pill not capsule which they ground it and put into 8 capsules (not full).

08088-4.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It was a long time ago I bought for $60 at Tanglin Halt chinese medicine shop. Mine comes in a box like this and its only 1 brown pill not capsule which they ground it and put into 8 capsules (not full).

08088-4.jpg

What does it do for you?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What does it do for you?

Wasn't for me. My maid went for operation so my older folks in the family said this is good for her after surgery so I bought 2 for her help her recovery. I really no idea.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

片仔癀
Key ingredients include calculus bovis (ox bezoars/gallstones), musk, ginseng and snake gall. Prized for its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and vasodilatory (increases tissue blood flow) effects.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ginseng and its active compounds are being researched upon for the last decade now.
source: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/1749-8546-2-6.pdf

TCM had been researched upon for cancer research.
sources:

Many Western pharmaceuticals in use today are derived from Chinese herbs, e.g.

Ephedrine – from ma huang (ephedra sinica), used in the ICU and OT to increase BP in shock
Lovastatin – from hong qu mi (red yeast rice), first statin to be used in Western medicine to combat high cholesterol
Artemisin – from qing hao su, used as an anti-malarial
Ginkgo biloba extract – from yin xing ye, used to treat circulatory problems and tinnitus

What many here fail to understand is that both ancient Chinese medical research and the modern Western 'scientific method' are empirical, i.e. practices adopted based on verifiable and repeatable observations in experiments. The only difference is that the West introduced statistics to weed out the element of chance in observations, thus determining the non-random significance of a particular finding.