• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Koh Loh Mee outside Singapore

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be a solid Koh Loh mee stall at he junction of Neil Road and Spottiswoode Park Rd years ago and then there was a well known wanton mee at the old library at Stamford.

Recently went to a joint called "Kiasu" in front of Bayswater Tube station and was pleasantly surprised by their Koh Loh Mee. The sauce and chilli was authentic and the real old type. The serving was also sizeable.

The place is run by someone from Singapore and manned by Malaysians.

Any other place outside Singapore that has solid Koh Loh Mee.

By the way, the Kiasu joint has couple of posters defining the meaning of Kiasu and it also covers fear of govt.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
koh loh mee outside sg, i dunno wor.

but the one at vivo city not bad de wor.

can try de wor.

koh loh mee issit originate frm sarawak/msia?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure where it came from but the Malaysians seem to be more familiar with it. Good question about Sarawak as I tend to see Sarawak chinese meals in some cities.

As to Vivo city, are you talking about the foodcourt on the top floor.
koh loh mee outside sg, i dunno wor.

but the one at vivo city not bad de wor.

can try de wor.

koh loh mee issit originate frm sarawak/msia?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure where it came from but the Malaysians seem to be more familiar with it. Good question about Sarawak as I tend to see Sarawak chinese meals in some cities.

As to Vivo city, are you talking about the foodcourt on the top floor.

go to the basement foodcourt. it is rite outside kopitiam. quite nice, especially the noodles.:biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently went to a joint called "Kiasu" in front of Bayswater Tube station and was pleasantly surprised by their Koh Loh Mee. The sauce and chilli was authentic and the real old type. The serving was also sizeable.

Good. I will try that the next time I visit Queenway. That area is popular with Imperial College students. wonder if it is still the same....

In kampong Perth, I just dine at Satay-mu a few nights ago. No Koh Loh Mee but authentic satay and excellent wanton mee.
Next time you are in Perth, can visit.

http://http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404622687169&set=a.446305652169.248528.154961877169&pid=4267871&id=154961877169#!/photo.php?fbid=404622687169&set=a.446305652169.248528.154961877169&pid=4267871&id=154961877169

http://p21chong.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/satay-mu-authentic-malaysianchinese-restaurant/

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks , still the same bro. Popular with Malaysians and Singaporean students and lots of eateries. The next street has Malaysia Hall canteen in the basement. Have late breakfast of Nasi Lemak / roti prata, go to Queensway have coffee at starbucks read magazine and then pop over to Kiasu.

Good. I will try that the next time I visit Queenway. That area is popular with Imperial College students. wonder if it is still the same....

In kampong Perth, I just dine at Satay-mu a few nights ago. No Koh Loh Mee but authentic satay and excellent wanton mee.
Next time you are in Perth, can visit.

http://http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404622687169&set=a.446305652169.248528.154961877169&pid=4267871&id=154961877169#!/photo.php?fbid=404622687169&set=a.446305652169.248528.154961877169&pid=4267871&id=154961877169

http://p21chong.wordpress.com/2009/12/11/satay-mu-authentic-malaysianchinese-restaurant/

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's still a koh loh mee stall at the same junction but not sure if it has the solidity that you recalled. Can't be as I think the place has undergone a few revisions. But it's not too bad.

As for the wanton mee at the old NLB, it's now at China Square - one or two doors away from the Yakun coffeeshop and best approached from the Cross Street side. The old lady is the lau ban liang now. It's $4 a plate!

Wonder of you know there's a teh ahlia shop within the alleyway of the China-Far East Sq complex. The sardine puffs are popular.

There used to be a solid Koh Loh mee stall at he junction of Neil Road and Spottiswoode Park Rd years ago and then there was a well known wanton mee at the old library at Stamford.

Any other place outside Singapore that has solid Koh Loh Mee.

By the way, the Kiasu joint has couple of posters defining the meaning of Kiasu and it also covers fear of govt.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, will check out China Square. The Neil Road stall changed. The sister of the previous kopti tiam owner used to run but no longer. I remember when you prepares the noodles she she used to dust it with flour.

There's still a koh loh mee stall at the same junction but not sure if it has the solidity that you recalled. Can't be as I think the place has undergone a few revisions. But it's not too bad.

As for the wanton mee at the old NLB, it's now at China Square - one or two doors away from the Yakun coffeeshop and best approached from the Cross Street side. The old lady is the lau ban liang now. It's $4 a plate!

Wonder of you know there's a teh ahlia shop within the alleyway of the China-Far East Sq complex. The sardine puffs are popular.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
axe168,

the motherfarker loser.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

if you are good, you dun have to migrate. period. :oIo: