• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Benjamin Lim Thread

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The police will have a busy time catching men on the crowded MRT. When asked to show proof ? Oh ... your hand brushes an area of the girl's skirt !

You know what the men will say ,' Sir, I also wear skirt and that girl also brushes an area of my skirt ! I am molested!'

The police sucks his thumb. Also right hor !

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You still don't get it. If the evidence is so clear and if I were the father, I shut my mouth. And I will curse the day when my son was born.

Don't you understand ? If the evidence is so clear, the father will just have to admit it. There is at least a closure to his son's death. He was guilty for what he has done.

But if the evidence is not clear, and the son died for something that the evidence cannot prove the allegation beyond a shadow of a doubt, it must have devastated the father.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you understand ? If the evidence is so clear, the father will just have to admit it. There is a closure.

But if the evidence is not clear, and the son died for something that the evidence is not a credible proof of the allegation beyond the shadow of a doubt, it must have devastated the father.

Why you keep going round circle? We already debated all that just now. There are always some people who will deny their wrong doing like you when all the evidence are presented to their face. That's why we need court to give final judgement.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't you understand ? If the evidence is so clear, the father will just have to admit it. There is at least a closure to his son's death. He was guilty for what he has done.

But if the evidence is not clear, and the son died for something that the evidence cannot prove the allegation beyond a shadow of a doubt, it must have devastated the father.

So, this must be settled for Benjamin 's eyes to close.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, this must be settled for Benjamin 's eyes to close.

Aiyah so you talked one big round is to advance your own cause to justify your past sins of using the dead boy to spam lies about me. No wonder I can't help looking down on mudlanders now.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
See: mata bo salah eh! Sorry, only according to state counsel.

SINGAPORE: At the close of an inquiry into schoolboy Benjamin Lim’s death on Wednesday (Aug 3), State Counsel Wong Woon Kwong maintained the 14-year-old had been handled “sensitively and appropriately” by police officers who had come into contact with him the day he died.

Benjamin died of multiple injuries on Jan 26, after falling from his family home in Yishun. Earlier in the day, at about 10am, he had been taken to the principal’s office and questioned by the police over a molestation allegation.

After Benjamin admitted he had deliberately touched an 11-year-old girl in a lift, officers took him back to the police station. He was released into his mother’s custody at about 2.50pm, Mr Wong said.

The State had taken pains to present evidence – calling five witnesses to the stand, including Benjamin’s discipline mistress and principal – showing there was “nothing to suggest to the school or the police that (Benjamin) was a suicide risk”, Mr Wong said.

“The only time (Benjamin) exhibited heightened stress levels was during the telephone conversation with his mother” before being taken from his school to the police station, Mr Wong added. Other than that, police officers who had come into contact with Benjamin said the boy seemed “calm and normal … (and) did not show signs of distress”.

Counsel for Benjamin’s family Choo Zheng Xi offered an alternative explanation for Benjamin’s “distress”. “His distress could have either arisen from the volume of his mother’s voice, or because he had been asked to explain an embarrassing situation in front of five or six adults”, Mr Choo said.

After returning home from the police station, Benjamin’s mother and sister had observed that he appeared normal, Mr Wong said. “His mother and sister were the last two persons who interacted with him and were in the best position to assess if (he) was acting erratically” before he fell to his death, he added.

However, “they had not seen it necessary to keep (Benjamin) under close watch or supervision”, Mr Wong stated. It was only when Benjamin’s mother found his bedroom door locked at about 4.20pm that she sensed something was amiss.

Benjamin was found dead at the foot of his block soon after.

Mr Wong also addressed the fact that Benjamin, when questioned by his mother, had denied having molested the girl, despite telling the police the opposite hours earlier.

“If you said I did it, then I did it,” Benjamin reportedly told his mother. “This denial to his mother and sister provides some glimpse of how (he) may have harboured concerns about the perceptions of those closest to him”, Mr Wong said.

State Coroner Marvin Bay will deliver his findings on Aug 18.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/benjamin-lim-handled/3009636.html

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The State had taken pains to present evidence – calling five witnesses to the stand, including Benjamin’s discipline mistress and principal – showing there was “nothing to suggest to the school or the police that (Benjamin) was a suicide risk”, Mr Wong said.

What an idiotic argument. Send 5 cops to arrest him, a teenager, interrogate him for hours, humiliate him ...and their defence is that teenager is not a suicide risk. Maybe Mr. Wong's children should be subjected to similar treatment of public humiliation.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After Benjamin admitted he had deliberately touched an 11-year-old girl in a lift, officers took him back to the police station. He was released into his mother’s custody at about 2.50pm, Mr Wong said.

Why is a claim unproven in court used as evidence?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Wong also addressed the fact that Benjamin, when questioned by his mother, had denied having molested the girl, despite telling the police the opposite hours earlier. “If you said I did it, then I did it,” Benjamin reportedly told his mother. “This denial to his mother and sister provides some glimpse of how (he) may have harboured concerns about the perceptions of those closest to him”, Mr Wong said.

No, Mr. Wong. It is because Benjamin was pressured into a confession so that he can get out of the interrogation.