• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bastard Sinkie Driver Tried To Kill Good AngMor Cyclist!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
While the cops are busy harassing harmless PMD users and stealing their personal possessions for minor infringements hundreds of thousands of half blind drivers with no brains, no skills and absolutely no clue as to how to drive safely are allowed to be in charge of tons of lethal metal capable of being driven at well over 100kph.

Uniquely Singapore!!!

View attachment 59447

View attachment 59448
U must have invested in pmd n bicycle companies tat y u are soo sympathatic to such assholes

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show me just one case where a PMD put 6 people in hospital.
One person is in hospital n tat is bad enough. On a pedestrian walkway some more.

Jail for e-scooter rider who injured pedestrian
ST_20190214_XSHAIF_4621485.jpg
Muhammad Sha'if Jumadi was riding his e-scooter at a speed of about 22 to 25kmh when it collided into a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries after she was flung to the ground.
Published
Feb 14, 2019, 5:00 am SGT
A rider was using his electric scooter along a footpath in Bedok Reservoir Road when it hit a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries after she was flung to the ground.
Muhammad Sha'if Jumadi, 23, borrowed a passer-by's mobile phone to call for an ambulance, but gave a false number when an operator asked for his contact details. He then fled the scene before the ambulance arrived.
After the accident, Ms Goh Lay Yong, 45, had to stop working as an accountant. She now needs help with basic functions such as standing, walking and showering.
Sha'if was arrested at his flat a week after the accident and he was out on bail when he consumed methamphetamine or Ice.
He was sentenced to a jail term of eight months and seven weeks yesterday after pleading guilty to causing grievous hurt to Ms Goh by performing a rash act. He also admitted to one count each of Ice consumption and possession.
Noting the proliferation in the use of personal mobility devices (PMDs) such as e-scooters, District Judge Marvin Bay said a deterrent sentence has to be imposed to strongly discourage rash, inconsiderate or unsafe riding within shared public spaces.
He added: "A deterrent sentence would reinforce the essential message for powered mobility device users to maintain a high level of situational awareness and be ever vigilant for the presence of other road users."
ST_20190214_XCAI_4621459.jpg

Deputy Public Prosecutor Deborah Lee said Sha'if was riding his e-scooter at a speed of about 22 to 25kmh at around 6pm on March 7 last year when he approached an overhead bridge near Block 151 Bedok Reservoir Road.
Ms Goh was walking down the bridge onto a footpath when the e-scooter collided into her as Sha'if was unable to stop in time. She was flung to the ground and momentarily lost consciousness.
Sha'if also fell off his PMD. He then borrowed a passer-by's mobile phone to call for an ambulance and left the scene.
Ms Goh underwent surgery at Changi General Hospital. She was warded for 20 days and given 187 days of medical leave.
DPP Lee said Sha'if had failed to surrender himself to the police despite knowing that they were looking for him. Officers arrested him on March 14 last year and he was charged in court two days later.
He was out on bail when he was arrested for drug-related activities on July 23 last year. Officers seized from him two sachets of a substance which was later found to contain at least 6.84g of Ice. Traces of the drug were also found in his urine sample.
Sha'if was offered bail of $15,000 and was ordered to surrender himself at the State Courts on Feb 25 to begin serving his sentence.
Introductory Offer at $0.99/month
Unlock all Premium articles and discover exclusive stories, in-depth analysis, award-winning multimedia content and more. Cancel anytime.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must a vehicle owner trying to defend your right to drive like the idiot you are.
I am defending my right to drive on roads n I pay taxes n insurance etc. If a pmd or a cyclist injured me as a pedestrian. Wat legal recourse do I have? Compared to bring hit by a car

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
One person is in hospital n tat is bad enough. On a pedestrian walkway some more.

Jail for e-scooter rider who injured pedestrian
ST_20190214_XSHAIF_4621485.jpg

Muhammad Sha'if Jumadi was riding his e-scooter at a speed of about 22 to 25kmh when it collided into a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries after she was flung to the ground.
Published
Feb 14, 2019, 5:00 am SGT
A rider was using his electric scooter along a footpath in Bedok Reservoir Road when it hit a pedestrian who suffered brain injuries after she was flung to the ground.

The case you quote above brings up 2 salient points :

1. PMDs should not be allowed on footpaths. They should be confined to the roads and dedicated bike lanes only. The rule that restricted them to the footpaths is plain lunacy.

2. Even when PMDs are driven recklessly the damage caused is far less serious compared to what an automobile does when it is not driven in a responsible manner. ONE lady was injured and that was it.

On the other hand when motorised vehicle loses control and hits pedestrians the result is very often multiple loss of life.

Three pedestrians killed as lorry ploughs into them

NP_20180424_CRASH24B_3933126.jpg

A lorry hit three pedestrians and crashed into a bus in Yio Chu Kang yesterday. PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

Driver arrested after his lorry ploughs into them in Yio Chu Kang
Apr 24, 2018 06:00 am
A lorry lost control and mounted a kerb before hitting three people near Yio Chu Kang MRT station yesterday morning.

The victims - an elderly man in a wheelchair, his daughter, and another man - who were heading towards a traffic light crossing, died on the spot.
The lorry also crashed into an SBS Transit bus waiting at a traffic junction, but no passenger was hurt.

The father and daughter have been identified as Mr Chua Cheng Thong, 87, and Ms Gina Chua, 59. The third victim, 63, is believed to be their family friend, whose identity is not known.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said rescue lifting airbags were used to extricate two victims from under the lorry.

The 25-year-old lorry driver, who was injured, has been arrested for dangerous driving causing death. Police investigations are ongoing

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am defending my right to drive on roads n I pay taxes n insurance etc. If a pmd or a cyclist injured me as a pedestrian. Wat legal recourse do I have? Compared to bring hit by a car

You have the same recourse that you are entitled to when I punch you in the face and knock out your teeth.

Or are you suggesting that anyone out in public capable of injuring you needs insurance?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this video does not prove that it is motorists that are the cause of Singapore's road carnage then nothing else will.

First of all an idiot that does not understand that wet roads have less traction than dry surfaces starts the chain of events.

Then, when the police and ambulance arrive to clear the mess another driver ploughs into the police and ambulance crew seemingly without a care in the world.

What's the point of a whole host of rules and regulations for relatively harmless PMDs when automobiles are clearly the source of 99% of Singapore's road kill.

wth? that video see a guy on a dolly going past... or was that a stretcher? was he going down the highway in that? :laugh:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have the same recourse that you are entitled to when I punch you in the face and knock out your teeth.

Or are you suggesting that anyone out in public capable of injuring you needs insurance?
A pmd does more damage than getting slap by yr faggot girly hands

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A pmd does more damage than getting slap by yr faggot girly hands

OK you have the same legal recourse that you have when you get sodomised in jail as a result of you ploughing into and killing innocent pedestrians with your typical sinkie driving skills or lack thereof.

Plus I have to remind you that I already stated that PMDs should not be on the footpaths. The rule is really stupid.

They should be confined to the roads and the bike paths. PMDs are heavier than bikes and to assign 20kg juggernauts to footpaths to mingle with pedestrians while 9kg bicycles are allowed to use the roads is just plain dumb.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
wth? that video see a guy on a dolly going past... or was that a stretcher? was he going down the highway in that? :laugh:
I think he is a patient 2 times over. He was lying on the stretcher waiting to be treated and he ended up earning another reason to be taken to hospital.

I guess it makes triage a lot more straighforward. He can claim priority for being injured twice in a short period of time on the same stretch of road.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Colour blind Sinkie motorist. This guy shoud be confined to using a PMD.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Why worry about PMDs when you have drivers who can't tell one side of the road from the other?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This driver should be restricted to riding PMDs. How on earth did he get his license? Oh I forgot this video is from Uniquely Singapore.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he is a patient 2 times over. He was lying on the stretcher waiting to be treated and he ended up earning another reason to be taken to hospital.

I guess it makes triage a lot more straighforward. He can claim priority for being injured twice in a short period of time on the same stretch of road.

gets the luckiest guy of the day award...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Police continue to harass PMD users for minor issues while these sorts of drivers that are a lethal danger to everyone are allowed on the roads!!!

The wealthy who can afford cars get away with slap on the wrist while the poor are deprived of a very basic and efficient, non polluting means of transport.

WOMAN CAUGHT FOR RIDING ON ROAD WITH CHILD ON ESCOOTER
Submitted by farhan on Thu, 02/02/2017 - 4:24pm

woman-caught-riding-on-pmd-with-child-on-road_1.jpg

A woman riding an e-scooter with her child in tow on a busy road along Edgefield Plains was stopped by Active Mobility Enforcement Officers from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) during a routine enforcement operation.

Such acts are against the rules as only bicycles and LTA-approved power-assisted bicycles can ride on main traffic roads.
Posting the incident on their Facebook page, LTA cautioned against similar acts: "We will take enforcement action against any rider found breaking the law."

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police continue to harass PMD users for minor issues while these sorts of drivers that are a lethal danger to everyone are allowed on the roads!!!

The wealthy who can afford cars get away with slap on the wrist while the poor are deprived of a very basic and efficient, non polluting means of transport.

WOMAN CAUGHT FOR RIDING ON ROAD WITH CHILD ON ESCOOTER
Submitted by farhan on Thu, 02/02/2017 - 4:24pm

woman-caught-riding-on-pmd-with-child-on-road_1.jpg

A woman riding an e-scooter with her child in tow on a busy road along Edgefield Plains was stopped by Active Mobility Enforcement Officers from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) during a routine enforcement operation.

Such acts are against the rules as only bicycles and LTA-approved power-assisted bicycles can ride on main traffic roads.
Posting the incident on their Facebook page, LTA cautioned against similar acts: "We will take enforcement action against any rider found breaking the law."
Why would the woman endanger the child like that?