• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank matters

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say if i go china for a long time. I still can withdraw cash from my POSB ATM with the mastercard one right ?

How about depositing into my POSB account ?? How do i go about doing it ?

Transferring from one POSB to another POSB still can use internet banking using the OPT device right ?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lets say if i go china for a long time. I still can withdraw cash from my POSB ATM with the mastercard one right?

Brother, I don't understand. You will be in China and how would you be able to find a POSB ATM in China to withdraw money?

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I thought as long as the atm there got the mastercard logo sign can withdraw ???

Am I right to say that you with to do a cash advance on your credit card while you are overseas? Be careful of the lousy exchange rate offered by the bank and also the bank charges. Not all banks allows you to withdraw cash overseas. You better call up the bank to make sure.

From my experience, even those overseas ATMs have cirrus, MasterCard logos, some of the overseas bank actually do not allow you to withdraw. This is from personal experience.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am I right to say that you with to do a cash advance on your credit card while you are overseas? Be careful of the lousy exchange rate offered by the bank and also the bank charges. Not all banks allows you to withdraw cash overseas. You better call up the bank to make sure.

From my experience, even those overseas ATMs have cirrus, MasterCard logos, some of the overseas bank actually do not allow you to withdraw. This is from personal experience.

just call up bank to check.... atms with the logo that matches my atm card can withdra but got $5 charge.

can go to any banks in china to do a wire transfer (deposit) to my account. 2-4 working days.

otp device can use oversea

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
just call up bank to check.... atms with the logo that matches my atm card can withdra but got $5 charge.

can go to any banks in china to do a wire transfer (deposit) to my account. 2-4 working days.

otp device can use oversea

Yes brother. But you're withdrawing from your credit card, so don't forget about the interest rates. Take care :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets say if i go china for a long time. I still can withdraw cash from my POSB ATM with the mastercard one right ?

How about depositing into my POSB account ?? How do i go about doing it ?

Transferring from one POSB to another POSB still can use internet banking using the OPT device right ?

Use HSBC for Internet transfer. They have branches in every corner in the world where Chinese are..