• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

back to the future ...80s

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3MWmObR4Ow?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3MWmObR4Ow?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

drifter fav song

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
anyone of you go tea dance , for example rumours , bubbles , dreams , octogan and roller skating ring ? :wink:

heheh... bro, me only remember drinking diluted coke whilst watching Tom and Jerry show on those screens :wink::wink::wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone of you go tea dance , for example rumours , bubbles , dreams , octogan and roller skating ring ? :wink:

happening places - warehouse disco, reading room, chinoiserie (shin-hwa), xanadu.

music - modern talking, duran duran, punk rock, new romantics.

fashion - long fake cartier wallets, alibaba pants, tie scarf/handerchief at the neck ala spandau ballet, permed hair ala George Michael.

pastimes - motor siao, far east/centerpoint kids, breakdancing.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SXODGahChBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Guvo7gUdUnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live firing exercise in Siam.

[video=youtube;P9mwELXPGbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9mwELXPGbA[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was too young to go out during the 80s. But I know the music very well (thanks to older siblings). The 80s to me is one of the most culturally creative decades. 80s children grew up in the shadow of the cold war, thinking USSR will nuke the entire world. We grew up listening to American Top 40 hosted by Cassey Kasem then Shadow Stevens, we waited for the latest Madonna/Michael Jackson MTVs, watched all the HK Jackie chan/vampire/Aces go places movies, dubbed Japanese drama serials (Oshin, ninjaboy)... We were termed the 'latchkey children' who got educated by imported pop culture, not by our parents.

When the Berlin wall came down in 1990 and Communism ended, Globalism began.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun laugh la.....my bro made his children learn german after berlin wall collapse.....

Lots of Singaporean students were learning Japanese back in the 80s. It was the strongest Asian country back then - economic and cultural leader. Who could have predicted them to decline so fast in the last 30 years?

Now young Sinkies are learning Korean.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was too young to go out during the 80s. But I know the music very well (thanks to older siblings). The 80s to me is one of the most culturally creative decades. 80s children grew up in the shadow of the cold war, thinking USSR will nuke the entire world. We grew up listening to American Top 40 hosted by Cassey Kasem then Shadow Stevens, we waited for the latest Madonna/Michael Jackson MTVs, watched all the HK Jackie chan/vampire/Aces go places movies, dubbed Japanese drama serials (Oshin, ninjaboy)... We were termed the 'latchkey children' who got educated by imported pop culture, not by our parents.

When the Berlin wall came down in 1990 and Communism ended, Globalism began.

Bro. What about Solid Gold? I was in primary school then. So too young to chiong outside. I remember my father likes to watch Solid Gold on tv. Thats how i got my 80s music.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro. What about Solid Gold? I was in primary school then. So too young to chiong outside. I remember my father likes to watch Solid Gold on tv. Thats how i got my 80s music.
every monday night i think....solid gold dancers were solid man!

other music programs.....donny and marie show, sha na na show (bowzer would start the closing theme song),

Last edited:

Rushwind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall back in the early 80s, there was a radio programme on 90.5FM that played Japanese hits for 1 hour from 8pm right after the hourly news in brief. I will always eagerly tuned in then on my small mono radio as couldn't afford a stereo set then. Musical impressions from the annual Japan Red and White Music Festival (or was it competition) were what led me to listen in. I think the programme was hosted by a Chew Swee Lian?