• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever seen

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever

Singaporeans obsessed with money? know the reason why? Unlike Australia who has more sheep than people, we have more people than jobs available...ok, so we have to think of money....we don't work, we don't eat bcos our beloved government don't care about us.

250px-Pyramid_of_Capitalist_System.png

That's because most Singaporeans choose to become Proletariats.

longlicky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Aussie FT Paul Stapleton: Singaporeans are the rudest f__king people I have ever

http://www.smh.com.au/world/singaporeans-asked-to-chew-on-their-manners-20100530-wnjm.html

Some foreign workers in the city have few kind words about Singaporeans' manners. "They are the rudest f---ing people I have ever seen; they need some basic training in civic awareness," said Paul Stapleton, an IT manager from Sydney. "They don't feel that anyone else exists outside this tiny island."

The resounding verdict points to a Singapore rigorously controlled at the expense of humanitarian values. So will more state initiatives such as the Singapore Kindness Movement, whose patron is the Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, reap change?

"The problem is the sole concern of most Singaporeans is money and economic wellbeing," a long-time British resident says. "The only reason the churches here are packed to the rafters is because people attend in order to network."

Read the full article here

spot on. I fully agree.

I am a Singaporean by the way.

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not exactly blame this Australian FT. But his statement is pure generalization.
I still feel we do lack behind in mannerisms compared to the Caucasians.

You also generalising here man.
If other races're as well fed & parasitic as the angmos, they'll be more well-mannered too.

When you're from a background of desperation, where got time to worry about developing social graces? Don't believe me? Try dealing with east-europeans. They're every bit as uncouth as the bumpkins in China if not more so.

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal

If other races're as well fed & parasitic as the angmos, they'll be more well-mannered too.

When you're from a background of desperation, where got time to worry about developing social graces? Don't believe me? Try dealing with east-europeans. They're every bit as uncouth as the bumpkins in China if not more so.

I am not sure about East Europeans as I had not met them before but I do hear they are more rude than the West Europeans. That, of course, does not mean all Western Europeans are gentlemen or saints.

But I do not think that a race has to be well-fed or parasitic to be well-mannered, Thailand is known as the 'land of smiles' by general consensus and I certainly do not think Thailand is exactly rich or developed.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is a fair and balance view, there are ass holes in every country, so the one that generalize others are ass holes themselves.
I hope my view is fair and balance too.

Several years ago, I spent almost a month in France, and some of the french people I met were the most polite and decent people I ever met.
They were also happy to answer questions in english, which was contrary to what I heard about them, that they refused to speak english and insisted on speaking french.
I also spent a month in Australia a few years back and there were really some rude people there.
While I was in China, I met some of the most polite and sincere people there, while also meeting some of the most uncouth and unscrupulous.
Some Singaporeans are very decent people, some are sons and daughters of bitches.

My conclusion?
There are all types, of all nationalities, races, religions, age groups, gender. You can always say something about a specific person, but it is never right to generalize or make sweeping statements.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Paul meant SG people are rude when fucking, always queue 1st, or cut queue, or reach orgasm even before starting foreplay, thats fucking rude :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Japanese are world renowned for courtesy generally. However, for those who object to slurping noodle noisily, they're not so courteous after all. Then, what happened? Oh, they accept it as a cultural tradition! Why? Japanese got money to pay!

jw5

Loyal

Japanese are world renowned for courtesy generally. However, for those who object to slurping noodle noisily, they're not so courteous after all. Then, what happened? Oh, they accept it as a cultural tradition! Why? Japanese got money to pay!
If you ask the Japanese why they slurp noodles noisily, they will say that it is to show that the noodles are delicious. In fact, the shopowner, cook or host may be disappointed if the customer or guest doesn't slurp the noodles, as it may be a sign that the noodles are not tasty.

As for those who object to noodle slurping, my advice is to live and let live. Things like this which doesn't affect you adversely, should not be considered rude. I would consider smoking and blowing smoke in someone else's face or farting in a lift as being much more rude, as you have to inhale the smoke and smell the fart.

ahbohthen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes Sinkies are rude, so is ang mo and they think they are tua kee

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you ask the Japanese why they slurp noodles noisily, they will say that it is to show that the noodles are delicious. In fact, the shopowner, cook or host may be disappointed if the customer or guest doesn't slurp the noodles, as it may be a sign that the noodles are not tasty.

As for those who object to noodle slurping, my advice is to live and let live. Things like this which doesn't affect you adversely, should not be considered rude. I would consider smoking and blowing smoke in someone else's face or farting in a lift as being much more rude, as you have to inhale the smoke and smell the fart.

===

i for one is not offended by slurping noodles. In fact it seems only the men slurped their noodles, the women will still eat demurely. I don't know if it is the society thing.

But it sure good to imagine a Jap girl slurping on my lup cheong ha ha...

On the surface, the Japanese are polite and courteous but behind closed doors, ahem..they can be fucking perverted...just look at the curious range of AVs available.

jw5

Loyal

===

i for one is not offended by slurping noodles. In fact it seems only the men slurped their noodles, the women will still eat demurely. I don't know if it is the society thing.

But it sure good to imagine a Jap girl slurping on my lup cheong ha ha...

On the surface, the Japanese are polite and courteous but behind closed doors, ahem..they can be fucking perverted...just look at the curious range of AVs available.
Before Sam gets to you, it's "I for one am not offended..............." :smile:
You're right about the surface thing. When I first met a group of Japanese business associates a few years ago, they bowed and were extremely polite. When we went into an air con room for a meeting, all of them smoked happily during the whole 2 hours of the meeting.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.smh.com.au/world/singaporeans-asked-to-chew-on-their-manners-20100530-wnjm.html

Some foreign workers in the city have few kind words about Singaporeans' manners. "They are the rudest f---ing people I have ever seen; they need some basic training in civic awareness," said Paul Stapleton, an IT manager from Sydney. "They don't feel that anyone else exists outside this tiny island."

The resounding verdict points to a Singapore rigorously controlled at the expense of humanitarian values. So will more state initiatives such as the Singapore Kindness Movement, whose patron is the Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, reap change?

"The problem is the sole concern of most Singaporeans is money and economic wellbeing," a long-time British resident says. "The only reason the churches here are packed to the rafters is because people attend in order to network."

Read the full article here

The British are a pretty civilised people, but evidently British rule failed to introduce civilisation to their previous colonies if you carefully observe the attitudes of these inferior creatures living in those places.

Everytime I encounter a rude comment on the streets I would turn back and see that it is usually, no kidding an ugly, stupid and bloody useless barbarian or a she-dog to society and I've come to mostly ignore the barkings of unimportant and insignificant eaters.

And even though I admit some of them need to have their mouths and faces broken.

Even a decent and non-confrontational human being can sometimes get very angry at the repeated sightings of annoying rodents and excrement.

Maybe when I should get up from my lazy ass to actually retaliate it should be Stomped, I don't mind. But some stupid animals despite being communal, don't learn.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I first met a group of Japanese business associates a few years ago, they bowed and were extremely polite. When we went into an air con room for a meeting, all of them smoked happily during the whole 2 hours of the meeting.

That's still not too bad unlike some Chinese who could even spit around in an air-conditioned room.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very true. SG has had courtesy campaigns run unsuccessfully for eons. When you have a 75% pop made up of Ah Bengs, with the kiasu and kiasi attitude it shouldn't come as a shock or surprise to anyone when foreigners or tourists comment that SG has some of the "rudest f*** people".

I'm not sure how civic awareness is going to help as Paul Stapleton recommends. Perhaps he should read Bo Yang's "The Ugly Chinaman" to understand Ah Beng a little better. :biggrin:

hey u filthy shit skin. It also includes u and your shit skin kind okay.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The British are a pretty civilised people, but evidently British rule failed to introduce civilisation to their previous colonies if you carefully observe the attitudes of these inferior creatures living in those places.

Everytime I encounter a rude comment on the streets I would turn back and see that it is usually, no kidding an ugly, stupid and bloody useless barbarian or a she-dog to society and I've come to mostly ignore the barkings of unimportant and insignificant eaters.

And even though I admit some of them need to have their mouths and faces broken.

Even a decent and non-confrontational human being can sometimes get very angry at the repeated sightings of annoying rodents and excrement.

Maybe when I should get up from my lazy ass to actually retaliate it should be Stomped, I don't mind. But some stupid animals despite being communal, don't learn.

To which race or nationality are you referring to?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The problem is east europeans by virtue of belonging to the same race as the westerns simply get a pass while it's different from the chinese.

That's the problem it becomes a racial and nationalistic stereotype.

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problem is east europeans by virtue of belonging to the same race as the westerns simply get a pass while it's different from the chinese.

That's the problem it becomes a racial and nationalistic stereotype.

Absolutely. Everybody's selective blind suddenly just because an angmo variant could be soo "unangmo-ish" in "culture" & "behaviour". And then we get f--king, stupid brainwashed non-angmo race traitors who uphold the angmo mythical dignity by the "angmo always good, non-angmo no good" philosophy all the while their children/descendants will continue to prop up the West's extravagance & profits by slaving away for peanuts - carrying on the proud tradition of their colonial time ancestors.

F

Falcon Seven

Absolutely. Everybody's selective blind suddenly just because an angmo variant could be soo "unangmo-ish" in "culture" & "behaviour". And then we get f--king, stupid brainwashed non-angmo race traitors who uphold the angmo mythical dignity by the "angmo always good, non-angmo no good" philosophy all the while their children/descendants will continue to prop up the West's extravagance & profits by slaving away for peanuts - carrying on the proud tradition of their colonial time ancestors.

Aye, it is true. I see so many Caucasian-wannabes in our society today.

Go to a restaurant and see how many locals all focus attention on the ang moh and speak with a loud fake ang moh accent to show off they got ang moh as their friend.