• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

audio house scam or real?

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal

every week advertise heavily
cheap cheap cheap

42 inch hd tv only S$399

anyone ever got their special price sets...is it real?
do they really give it to you if you are the first 20 customers

someone I know went there early and was told it sold out all the time
seem like before before the door open....(scam)?

the prices seem to cheap to be true...

if it is a scam, why no one report them?

I went there when their bendeemeer factory open
so was many ang mos who went their by mrt
and left empty handed
nothing that they advertised cheap was there

Baroko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste your time going there. It's just another Ah Beng business. The sales staff seems like school dropouts who are rude and can't answer questions on the products. All they are inrterested is to sell you something so they can get their commission. This is one store that practises "bait and switch" with their adverts. Better go to Harvey Norman or Best.

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The special deal is only given if you can answer the right question.

They may ask you to guess the first digit of coming Sunday's 4D draw. If you guess correct, you get the special price.

So the special discounts is available if you are lucky and know the answer.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never go to Audio House before. From the price I already know that is fake.
Just Bro Teo said they ask you to guess 1st digit of 4D 1st prize number. So chance is 10%. Even is they said free if guess correctly mean only 10% getting free.

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
NehBeh...u say I Ah Beng..KNN...i make $$, u buay Song is it..Cow Pay for wat

Don't waste your time going there. It's just another Ah Beng business. The sales staff seems like school dropouts who are rude and can't answer questions on the products. All they are inrterested is to sell you something so they can get their commission. This is one store that practises "bait and switch" with their adverts. Better go to Harvey Norman or Best.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
42 inch HD TV can b quite misleading...it can mean latest model full hd with 3-D technology cum complete with spec n tons of adv functions... or a 5 yrs old 42 inch 32ms response time cum complete with motion blur...no price in guessing which 1 u b getting for $399...:biggrin::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
42 inch HD TV can b quite misleading...it can mean latest model full hd with 3-D technology cum complete with spec n tons of adv functions... or a 5 yrs old 42 inch 32ms response time cum complete with motion blur...no price in guessing which 1 u b getting for $399...:biggrin::biggrin:

It is SOoNY made in Vietnam or RSA...:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I see their ads I also curious :confused:
I've never visited them because something must be fishy lah :smile:

Those ads are to get you through the door.
Used to go to other "Sales" held at various warehouses in places like Genting Lane by nameless businesses. Models were usually old or generic brands that I never even heard of

If you are on a tight budget & not fussy go to Giant or Carrefour.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I see their ads I also curious :confused:
I've never visited them because something must be fishy lah :smile:

Those ads are to get you through the door.
Used to go to other "Sales" held at various warehouses in places like Genting Lane by nameless businesses. Models were usually old or generic brands that I never even heard of

If you are on a tight budget & not fussy go to Giant or Carrefour.

Generic brands like Nikoon or colby?...or like Bravio...veio..:biggrin:

kylie72

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I received their promotion catalogue in the mail, I noted

1. all items are listed with supercheap prices, with a minute asterisk beside the list price
2. at the corner of each page says " * details on cover page " in tiny print
3. on the cover page, it explains in tiny print that all listed prices apply ONLY IF you can guess correctly the first digit of next week's 4D winning number. (1 in 10 chance?)

AND EVEN THEN -

The listed promotion price would come in the form of a REBATE voucher which you CANNOT use to offset the FULL, USUAL PRICE that you would pay. It is meant for you to use in your next purchase, if you still decide to buy from them in future. CRAP.

For instance, an item may be listed as $2000 usual price and offered as $1200 promotional price in the sales catalogue. But people who go there expecting to buy it at $1200 would be asked to guess the first 4D winning digit and whether they guess correctly or not would still have to pay the $2000 usual price, only that those who guessed correctly get a voucher of $800 to offset a FUTURE purchase.

I don't care if they can argue that it isn't a scam legally, to me it simply is. Not sure whether the same scam still applies today, but read the fine print carefully before deciding if you want to go. I guess most of those in the crowds didn't. I read and saved myself time.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought many electronics and household items, there all cheaper than most store, are you all sure it's fake? Didn't quite believe their Ads on ST though, if you believe you are really navie peasants.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last time I received their promotion catalogue in the mail, I noted

1. all items are listed with supercheap prices, with a minute asterisk beside the list price
2. at the corner of each page says " * details on cover page " in tiny print
3. on the cover page, it explains in tiny print that all listed prices apply ONLY IF you can guess correctly the first digit of next week's 4D winning number. (1 in 10 chance?)

You must have good eyesight to be able to read the "small" print :biggrin:

Many people don't & leave cursing the store and never go back again. I wonder how such busineses can survive for so long :confused:

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call yourself god and you can't tell if it is a scam or a con?

How ironic!

I am a fallen god
hades, my brother took to the throne

now me and my son, persus had to live like mortals...

did u see the latest movie "clash of the Titans'
it is about god zeus and his son persus..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought many electronics and household items, there all cheaper than most store, are you all sure it's fake? Didn't quite believe their Ads on ST though, if you believe you are really navie peasants.

If you want reasonable prices can take a look at Mustaffa. Most of the products are cheaper. If you don't like the crowds go during the weekdays.

Good range of products. On some products you can even get grey market or local warranty.

Most importantly it's been endorsed by foreigners who are very prize conscious:biggrin:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you guys always have cheating and conning problems in SGP?

In first world angmo countries when they have specials is really specials!

Why dun buy your TV from amazon? Cheaper and got free delivery too!

Because the lawyers aren't doing anything

They should make their legal services FREE to sue these scammers. Then get a share of the compensation.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want reasonable prices can take a look at Mustaffa. Most of the products are cheaper. If you don't like the crowds go during the weekdays.

Good range of products. On some products you can even get grey market or local warranty.

Most importantly it's been endorsed by foreigners who are very prize conscious:biggrin:
Not really, some stuffs in Mustafa are more expensive than NTUC/Cold Storage, but for home appliances / electronics, most of them are quite resonable