• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

audio house scam or real?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really, some stuffs in Mustafa are more expensive than NTUC/Cold Storage, but for home appliances / electronics, most of them are quite resonable

The appliances I bought from Mustaffa were cheaper because I always take my time to do comparison shopping. Nowadays you can never assume that Business XYZ will always have cheaper prices.

There might be other places such as Goh Ah Bee? where you can order all your appliances but you must know the model you want. They'll contact the agent & order the item for you. But Mustaffa's a good place to look see & touch the items.

Mustaffa also has a wider range than NTUC/Cold Storage when it come to appliances & electrical goods.

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't waste your time going there. It's just another Ah Beng business. The sales staff seems like school dropouts who are rude and can't answer questions on the products. All they are inrterested is to sell you something so they can get their commission. This is one store that practises "bait and switch" with their adverts. Better go to Harvey Norman or Best.

Didn't know Ah Bengs are cheats?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe they were refurbishing returned items?

With businesses like Courts, Audio House the consumer has to be cautious.

I aw wonder wat they do with all those rtn stuff..maybe sumone in the trade here can keak sum info...:biggrin::biggrin:

Aw for ele. goods can try Ever Joint at AMK. Got a fridge frm em few wks bk at 2.5k. Courts n Best Denki die die lowest ish 3.1K.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best deal for us to serve up to AH is to pass the word around that all their sales tactics are a scam. Let people know so they dont even bother to go. After a few weeks, AH will face the truth and change their spots.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best deal for us to serve up to AH is to pass the word around that all their sales tactics are a scam. Let people know so they dont even bother to go. After a few weeks, AH will face the truth and change their spots.

Gather all the victims and hire a lawyer to sue them
:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The trouble is there are so many new "Sporeans" comming in everyday. Fresh fodder to be scalped :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a fridge frm em few wks bk at 2.5k. Courts n Best Denki die die lowest ish 3.1K.

Large store usually sell items at SRP(suggested Retail Price) because they have to cover their overheads: employee wages, electricity, downtown rentasl.

In the old days no one ever sold at SRP. They would start at SRP & you bargained downwards. :smile:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Large store usually sell items at SRP(suggested Retail Price) because they have to cover their overheads: employee wages, electricity, downtown rentasl.

In the old days no one ever sold at SRP. They would start at SRP & you bargained downwards. :smile:

Electronic retailing is still the cheapest if you can reach a certain volume of shipment

Why pay rent in a downtown when you can rent a huge warehouse and pass the shipping costs to your customers? But honestly, I think Singpost lack the same ability to deliver internet purchases like UPS or Fedex.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many furniture are re-con/refurbishing returned item if not what they going to do with the repose item. But very hard for normal consumer to confirm. For wood they will sand the bad surface and repaint it. For sofa normally will only replace the leather inside sponge no change. So bad thing is if some one pee/make love o it maybe go extra smell. That what I saw it in my own eye.
For elctronic more easy because have barcode/serial no. Can from the serial number can get the manufacturing date. Any electronic item less than 6 month 99% is new not recon.
More than that maybe recon or old model.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Singpost lack the same ability to deliver internet purchases like UPS or Fedex.

No way Signpost can match the operations of UPS, DHL,.. There is no Spore company which has achieved world class status. Even SIA has come up short. Probably because of political interference :rolleyes:

Buying direct from the US would be so much cheaper EXCEPT for licensing restrictions :mad: That's why whenever I go to the US I make sure to have my shopping list :smile:

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many furniture are re-con/refurbishing returned item if not what they going to do with the repose item. But very hard for normal consumer to confirm. For wood they will sand the bad surface and repaint it. For sofa normally will only replace the leather inside sponge no change. So bad thing is if some one pee/make love o it maybe go extra smell. That what I saw it in my own eye.

I have a friend who has a warehouse in Mandai industrial estate where he buys old wooden furniture from the karang guni men. He tells them he re-exports them to batam but in reality he employs ex-convicts to repair and refurbish these furniture. These ex-con are very skillful craftsmen and can refurbish the furniture to look brand new.

My friend then ships these furniture to a foreign country where his business associate will deliver these same furniture to the shops in Dempsey village and shopping malls like Park Mall, Suntec, Marina, Ngee Ann City etc for retail to gullible ang mos and the elites for thousands of dollars as quality imported furniture :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many furniture are re-con/refurbishing returned item if not what they going to do with the repose item. But very hard for normal consumer to confirm....

I've never bought anything from courts & after all the stories of re-con/refurbishing I'll continue to avoid that place :smile:

I believe in using cash for all the the items I buy. I might use a credit card to get the points but I make sure to pay it off on time. Those buying on hire purchase plans are paying a marked up price for interest.

I guess I'm just old fashion :o

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I aw wonder wat they do with all those rtn stuff..maybe sumone in the trade here can keak sum info...:biggrin::biggrin:

Aw for ele. goods can try Ever Joint at AMK. Got a fridge frm em few wks bk at 2.5k. Courts n Best Denki die die lowest ish 3.1K.

Everjoint at Ang Mo Kio, Avenue 4, block 159?...wow! the shop had been there ever since the place was built...bought my first window aircond from them, the SANYO aircond...

Used to recommend everjoint to people I know...:biggrin: