• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Association of Muslim Professionals finally wake up and take their PAP partner.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Islamic religion is a big headache for integration. Many Western nations have opened their floodgates too wide and allowed these Muslims in. They will not integrate and will simply cry "racism" easily just because the locals are not friendly to them. And to the Muslims, anybody who is non-Muslim is an infidel. Recipe for disaster. Old Man is right for this one.

But in my opinion, I think we should open up more Army, Navy and Air Force places for the Malays to enter during NS. Make it a 6:4 ratio. Likewise for SPF and SCDF, open up more places for the Chinese to enter. Don't make the SPF and SCDF have too many Malays over there.

My humble 2 cents.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroobal

Suffice it to say that I would argue that even without SAP schools , speak mandarin campaigns or any of the perceived issues raised by AMP as a counter, all it takes is for a more austere or more conservative form of Islam to take root and we will still end up with intolerance between the communities.

Locke

My oh my how can you say that? Are you actually insinuating that it's not the fault of the chinese and those so-called racist campaigns that lead to the malays behaving like this? You're a racist. If a more militant and conservative form of islam takes place it's also due to something that the chinese have done, maybe by their mere prescence.

In any case ask screwball he'll agree with me that it's due to chinese..............

racism!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The AMP should also take this opportunity to look into and raise awareness on a bigger threat -the mass importation of people from a neighbouring country well known for its incompetence, cheating, violence and fake qualifications.

The ruling party has spoke often about maintaining the balance in its immigration policies and yet has not spoken on whoes quaota these people are supposed to fill.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The football team was a real unifying force. All races going to national stadium for the games. /QUOTE]

And when Chin Aun tackled Dollah recklessly, S'porean Chinese fans cursed Chin Aun and his family, especially Chin Aun's mum. But the S'porean Chinese fans applauded Samad when he sent Choon Wah crashing to the ground. Non-Chinese S'poreans applauded when Teng Sai elbowed Mokhtar Dahari and kpkb when Santokh accidentally tripped Kim Song.

Those were the days. We were united, definitely at the National Stadium during Malaysia Cup matches. Even before, and after matches, S'poreans of all races will be eating, walking and commenting on the match.

Same things happened at away matches, be it in Larkin, Kubu or Merdeka stadiums. Race was never a factor. S'poreans united as one. Same for the M'sian teams.

Yes, kelong existed way back then. But, what the hell, it got S'poreans of all races to unite as one. And no invisible hand was present. It came about naturally through just a soccer game.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Jab

I am saying that certain behavior is not driven by community policies or issues no matter how unpopular but rather driven by global forces and how those global forces are discussed and adjusted to by the community.

Jab take for example Malaysia , the Malays in there have everything , political power, Malay Chauvinism etc etc , Malay Language dominance etc etc but at the end of the day the more inane forms of religiosity emerges from there ? The question is why ?

Locke

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Jab

I am saying that certain behavior is not driven by community policies or issues no matter how unpopular but rather driven by global forces and how those global forces are discussed and adjusted to by the community.

Jab take for example Malaysia , the Malays in there have everything , political power, Malay Chauvinism etc etc , Malay Language dominance etc etc but at the end of the day the more inane forms of religiosity emerges from there ? The question is why ?

Locke

Locke firstly pls don't call me jab! I'm jah.

I was being satirical. I'm just merely showcasing the attitudes of certain ppl in the forum and in some ways it actually reflect the mentality of let's say perhaps a certain percentage of ppl nationwide on how they perceive this issue. There's also another percentage of ppl sitting on the fence, another group that knows the truth but don't want to say it out publicly for fear of being called a 'racist'.

In any case you'll find that my last reply to you is also similar to how scrobal would reply to you. Trust me on that. Yes in malaysia despite malays getting priorities over everything and still becoming more fundalmentalist in nature rest assured that scrobal will still find a way to relieve the malays of any blame and place the blame solely unto another group namely the chinese.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
That Chinaman thought he was being brilliant in unifying all the slit eyes into one homogenous Mandarin speaking group so that there would a solid numbers of chinks to do his bidding in usurping our land.

In fact, what he has actually done is to make it easier for us to reclaim our usurped land from the slit eyes.

In reality, the Malay community need not do anything. Ah Beng is already well and truly on the path to self-destruction; lowest fertility rate, Chink emigration out of SG and mass import of FTs into SG.

Ironically it was LKY who sowed the seeds of Ah Beng's destruction in 1970, with the stop at two policy.

Tell the Malay community and AMP not to take LKY's words to heart. When LKY tells the Malay to be less strict and integrate; what he is really saying is he wants the Malay to be more like the Chinese - compliant, mindless and cowardly serfs.

In retrospect, LKY's comments against the Malay are nothing compared to those of our opposition. Take a look at my signature. Spoil your vote and deny the regime change Ah Beng. Believe me they are alot worse than LKY.

-

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you missed the point of AMP 's media release. They are not denying the issues. The AMP was formed by members of the progressive Malay community to address exactly that. They know the issues their own community is facing.

They are saying that it should not be broadcast in the manner that he did and they are also laying the blame on the policies that old man has put in place. It has marginalised the malay community.

The Islam thing is a red herring. We are all know that religion is aq powerful weapon when it comes to handling the uneducated, lower income, the gullible and the brainless. No need to look at Islam. Looks at Pastor Ho who managed to convince a lot of people to fund his lifestyle and that of his wife. The Catholic church is no different. Look at the dumbfucks of the Philippines and Latin America. Hinduism has led to a billion people stuck in poverty.

The smart ones who are into religion are there to manipulate the masses as it is power trip.

Education, empowerment and enfranchisement of the masses will get them to understand which part of religion is good and which is bad.

The Hard Truth is that one man has kept his family and their associates in power and in wealth. He was smart enough to ensure that we are fed 3 times a day, have a decent roof over our heads, have some spending money to go for quick fucks to Thailand and therefore do not have the urge to go to the tipping point.

He has played the race cards very well and he has brought out the bogeyman at convenient times.

If you swallowed his bullshit which is not untrue but has nothing to do with bigger picture , you are no less gullible.

The reality is that if he truly wanted an integrated society and a true nation state, he would have gone for affirmative action. It may have been politically suicidal for him as he and his wife are pernakans and Lim Chin Siong's support base was what he was after. The other simple approach was to make conversational malay mandatory for all Singaporeans. The Chinese Chamber of Commerce will then stop supporting his political campaigns.

This guy has immense power and the legislation is there. He did not use it but to secure his own tenure.

Our claim to fame is nice MRT, nice airport, clean streets and a divided nation.

Dear Scroobal

Firstly for all of MM's flaws and faults, he is pointing out a trend which if it goes in a certain direction will result in a weakening of integration, he might have grasped the wrong end of the stake and used the wrong example but there is a worry there which is not without substance

At the end of the day the AMP answers whilst correct also do not or seek to avoid addressing the issues which MM has raised with his incorrect examples.

So point by point, Islam in itself is no barrier to integration, the details however do matter as to how Islam is practiced and which form of Islam takes root in Singapore and in SEA.

http://malaysia-today.net/archives/...elebrating-religious-festivals-of-non-muslims

Just read for example the officials Islamic guidelines as issued by the Malaysian Islamic Affairs department up North. That is a recipe for zero integration, inter faith dialogue, or any form of Malays attending an office xmas party or going to visit a colleague wishing him happy CNY.

Suffice it to say that I would argue that even without SAP schools , speak mandarin campaigns or any of the perceived issues raised by AMP as a counter, all it takes is for a more austere or more conservative form of Islam to take root and we will still end up with intolerance between the communities.

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on both counts.

The Islamic religion is a big headache for integration. Many Western nations have opened their floodgates too wide and allowed these Muslims in. They will not integrate and will simply cry "racism" easily just because the locals are not friendly to them. And to the Muslims, anybody who is non-Muslim is an infidel. Recipe for disaster. Old Man is right for this one.

But in my opinion, I think we should open up more Army, Navy and Air Force places for the Malays to enter during NS. Make it a 6:4 ratio. Likewise for SPF and SCDF, open up more places for the Chinese to enter. Don't make the SPF and SCDF have too many Malays over there.

My humble 2 cents.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are so right on the spot on this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bWw7H4m389o" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This craze over wearing tudang fascinated me. When did it started? I vaguely remembered sometime in late 80s. Asked my Malay friend why? The explanation :

1. It is to identify each other.
2. To show solidarity. (just like lighting up for hari raya)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The football team was a real unifying force. All races going to national stadium for the games. /QUOTE]

And when Chin Aun tackled Dollah recklessly, S'porean Chinese fans cursed Chin Aun and his family, especially Chin Aun's mum. But the S'porean Chinese fans applauded Samad when he sent Choon Wah crashing to the ground. Non-Chinese S'poreans applauded when Teng Sai elbowed Mokhtar Dahari and kpkb when Santokh accidentally tripped Kim Song.

Those were the days. We were united, definitely at the National Stadium during Malaysia Cup matches. Even before, and after matches, S'poreans of all races will be eating, walking and commenting on the match.

Same things happened at away matches, be it in Larkin, Kubu or Merdeka stadiums. Race was never a factor. S'poreans united as one. Same for the M'sian teams.

Yes, kelong existed way back then. But, what the hell, it got S'poreans of all races to unite as one. And no invisible hand was present. It came about naturally through just a soccer game.

This is what I am trying to say. Singapore was more united 40 years ago than it is today. how can this be? Should we not have gotten closer as a country? The reason all this happened lies squarely on the PAP and Old Goat. Instead of nurturing and creating more unity, they have done the opposite thing. With them, everything is politicised, even sports. Even NS, which has been claimed bymany PAP big shots to be the unifying force for singaporeans is a lie. There is much segregation in the SAF. Old goat should take himself out and should himself.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
All religions should be outlawed, as least in public. Believe and practise what you want in private and indoors, don't make it public issue. Circumcision as a sign of being with God is joke. Humans discovered metal blades and and invented glass, without which how to circumcise? If God created humans and meant men to be circumcised, there shouldn't and wouldn't be a foreskin there in the first place. Chinese Taoists, Buddhists and Indian Hindus are no better, even worse. How can praying to statues, sculptures and paintings be sane? Why not pray to the craftsmen and artists who made those things? It's all more insane than praying to invisible men.

I'm at a bit of emotional outbreak as yesterday evening, I passed by a Chinese incense shop holding a public ritual. There were a two uncle-aged Chinese priests dressed up in ancient robes, presiding over an altar with a statute that looked halfway between some kind of Taoist deity and Buddha. The priests looked half in trance, but most probably drunk as they were served with cigarettes and brandy straight from the bottles. The worse and most saddening thing was, their disciples and assistants were all teenagers or young adults. Young men and women in office attires, willingly paid $20 each for a mini garland to hang on the statue for good fortune.