• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Association of Muslim Professionals finally wake up and take their PAP partner.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
in malaysia (roughly lah), malays = 70%, others = 30%. yet the 30% control about 80% of the wealth in malaysia.

in singapore (roughly lah), non-malays = 70%, malays = 30%. the 70% non-malays control about 80% of the wealth in singapore.

conclusion : with or without the numbers in population, malays are fucked up. simply too stupid, lazy, contented or non-materialistic. depending on how you see it. from what i see; malays = lazy and stupid.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok guys, I have read through this thread countless times, yet refrain from commenting because anything I want to say have already been said by many of you. I just came across a piece from Art Harun's Blog and this guy makes sense, coming from one considered a patriotic Malaysian and a Malay. By the way, it is rather a long piece, so I trust you you read through it. I felt a deep sense of belonging after reading this, and I hope there will be less for usto argue about.

http://art-harun.blogspot.com/2011/02/tun-drm-my-hero.html

Yes,thanks for the article.

Although I do share the feeling,but one final point,compared Dr M to LKY,LKY is far superior to Dr M in
(1)I.Q.level
(2)Presentation in English,of course Dr M is truly bilingual in English & Malay,whilst LKY is monolingual in English ONLY-that is the difference

Malays Must Vote PAP!

Alfrescian
Loyal
in malaysia (roughly lah), malays = 70%, others = 30%. yet the 30% control about 80% of the wealth in malaysia.

in singapore (roughly lah), non-malays = 70%, malays = 30%. the 70% non-malays control about 80% of the wealth in singapore.

conclusion : with or without the numbers in population, malays are fucked up. simply too stupid, lazy, contented or non-materialistic. depending on how you see it. from what i see; malays = lazy and stupid.

تنشأ شعبي! تنشأ!

كيف لأطول سوف نسمح للشعب الصيني للتقليل من شأن وإهانة لدينا العرق والدين في أرضنا؟

كيف لأطول سوف نسمح للشعب الصينى وإهانة للتقليل من شأن ثقافتنا والجمارك في أرضنا؟

العديد من هؤلاء الناس الذين الصينية سمحنا تكرمت لتبادل ويعيشون في أرضنا الآن وتتصرف كما لو كانت تملك ذلك.

يجب أن يطلب هذا الشعب الصيني الذين يظهرون أي احترام شعبنا والامتنان ولكن بدلا من ذلك التقليل من شأن إهانة لدينا باستمرار والعرق والدين والثقافة والعادات لحزم امتعتهم، وترك ارضنا والعودة الى الصين.

"Cina KELUAR!"

"Chinese OUT!"

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forty-six years ago, LKY said in the Malaysian Parliament:-

In the 1965 session of Parliament, Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew (who was also a Member of that Parliament) questioned the implementation of Malay rights as proposed. Lee asked, "How does the Malay in the kampong find his way out into this modernised civil society? By becoming servants of the 0.3 per cent who would have the money to hire them to clean their shoe, open their motorcar doors?" and "How does telling a Malay bus driver that he should support the party of his Malay director (UMNO) and the Chinese bus conductor to join another party of his Chinese director (MCA) — how does that improve the standards of the Malay bus driver and the Chinese bus conductor who are both workers in the same company?"

Lee closed with "Meanwhile, whenever there is a failure of economic, social and educational policies, you come back and say, oh, these wicked Chinese, Indian and others opposing Malay rights. They don't oppose Malay rights. They, the Malay, have the right as Malaysian citizens to go up to the level of training and education that the more competitive societies, the non-Malay society, has produced. That is what must be done, isn't it? Not to feed them with this obscurantist doctrine that all they have got to do is to get Malay rights for the few special Malays and their problem has been resolved."

The Old Man makes tremendous sense, and his use of words was very apt. Of course, those in other camp proposing racial discrimination claims the Old Man is championing the Malaysian Malaysia under the guise of discrimination in favour of Non-Malay. I don't think so. Singapore's model is the best practical model of an attempt at meritocracy. Due to the political nature of "Us" and "Them" (aka Malay vs Non-Malay), it becomes a question of influencing one's perspective to see as a zero-sum game. Hence if you argue that it doesn't 'benefit', it has to "benefit' the other race. It is kind of a tautology that gets nowhere, besides inflaming fear and hatred.

The use of "sons of soil" argument to provide racial discrimination on behalf of one "race" holds no logic when examined carefully. Mixed marriages are and always been the order of the day, and will be even more in this age of globalisation, and even the so called "Malay" race is a convenient holding for a group of people, mixed with all kinds of blood, comprise of people that could be arab, indonesian origin etc. Dr Mahathir is as much as a son of India and as much as a son of 'Malay" - look at him, he looks more like an Indian. Conveniently, many Indian muslims are now classified under the Malay race. In Singapore, we even have a race called 'Other". Obama himself got white blood, yet classifed as a black?

Race is a political social contruct, and over here, it has especially used to promote ideologies depending what political claims you wish to make, to fight for your power.

Ironically, the new generations of Malaysians are gradually now waking up to the facts that nepotism, cronyism and corruption are flourishing under the pretense "sons of soil" arguments. The votes of this generation will be pivotal in years ahead in changing feudalistic political structure. Egypt's revolution is just a beginning of what will spread over to Malaysia. Oil is not a given in Malaysia anymore, and the present political elite know that if they cannot generate wealth in other ways, their rule will be threatened.

Interestingly, LKY's recent comments only attract the attention of Dr M's criticisms. I reckon he is looking into clues whether it will provoke any outcry in Malaysia. Najib and most present politicians are quiet in their response these days. The economic impetus in Malaysia is far more urgent than going back to old political ploy of divide and rule used by old Malay politicians like Dr M and his likes.

Brandishing keris to defend these so-called dumb rights only signal threats to the non-Malays and it was a common display in UMNO Youth conventions ...no wonder the Chinese in Malaysia are so staunchly against the ruling Barisan Nasional especially in this modern age when information is so freely available...it is in UMNO that it is fashionable to champion such malay causes to rise to the top.

Effort should be made to eradicate poverty irregardless of race, language and religion. I reckon Singapore's model is closer to this goal than the Malaysian model.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
تنشأ شعبي! تنشأ!

كيف لأطول سوف نسمح للشعب الصيني للتقليل من شأن وإهانة لدينا العرق والدين في أرضنا؟

كيف لأطول سوف نسمح للشعب الصينى وإهانة للتقليل من شأن ثقافتنا والجمارك في أرضنا؟

"Cina KELUAR!"

"Chinese OUT!"

fuck you mat babi. i don't understand that retarded and useless language of yours ok.

操你妈的鸡排 :oIo:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What he has said was true and valid, because that was actually what was happening. But with the man, you can never know, I mean was his real intention to represent the Chinese's interest better than MCA, or was he stepping on MCA's head to climb? Could we trust the words of a man who was trying to climb to power in the Malaysian parliament by trying to dislodge MCA and replace the Alliance partner with PAP? This sppech was never forgotten or forgiven by the Tengku, and was the source of many many troubles later on that led to the exit of Singapore.

Forty-six years ago, LKY said in the Malaysian Parliament:-

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Post 65 Singaporean on the talent watch list...

[SIZE="2[B][I]"]"...Nations can base their organisation on ethnic nationalism, centred on common primordial ancestries like ethnicity or language; or rally around civic nationalism, which emphasises common values and attitudes. For a multicultural state like Singapore, reasonable persons of goodwill can provide a resilient base for the broader structures of a civic nation. In so doing, they build a foundation for a robust deliberative democracy where voices are enabled, where the linguistic and experiential reference points required for coherent common narratives can be found and where legitimate different perspectives are accommodated and celebrated." [/I][/B][/SIZE]

"Reasonable Persons of Goodwill:Personal Experiences Navigating Diversity" by Aaron Maniam

btw aaron is not only a v bright talented singaporean...his ethnic bkgrd is also v interesting...he is half indian/half eurasian(father) n half-pakistani/half malay(mother)...so aaron is quite the local rojak when it comes to ethnicity...oh n it goes wifout saying that aaron continues the rich intellectual heritage viz our alma mater:biggrin::smile:

AMA