• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Armstrong in 2013 - Why he did it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost can guarantee that he will write a book that will make the NY Times bestseller list in double quick time. Again it will be another opportunity for fame and money. He will also pull his charity into it. They all do.

He will go on to say that he could never sleep nights from the moment he started doping, he used to hide in a corner and cry like a baby when he felt the guilt trip etc. I won't be surprised if claims that he was abused as a child and that he wanted to please his mum who on realising that her son could not make it at competitive swimming forced him into cycling.

His legions of fans will no doubt buy the book for closure.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When USADA announced in late Aug that they are stripping armstrong of his titles, about 20 law firms offered free legal representation to the cycling world body UCI. The assumption was that USADA case was on flimsy ground and therefore an opportunity to get free publicity for their business.

When USADA finally released their reasoned decision report, the world and certainly the 20 odd law firms were stunned. It was thorough, comprehensive and clinical that none of the firms proceeded with their free offer. UCI simply folded.

From a case involving a single individual, it turned out to be a well organised doping ring stretching a decade.

The case against Armstrong is so compelling that half of the same firms have now approached insurance companies and sponsors asking them to sue Armstrong for the return of sponsorship bonus payments.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is still my hero.
why he did it.

He compete in an era of cycling, when if you dun take performance enhancing aids, you are nobody. To win, you must take it. So the fault is not with him, but with the sport.
It is a disgrace that they went after him like this.

If he is the only person who took aids, then he is in the wrong, but everyone that won something are doing the same. So, those people still kept their medals, while he is being made an scapegoat. This is so unfair for Armstrong. His government attack on him is so unfair, USA athletes in every sport are doing it, so they going to go after all their sportsmen and sportswomen?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, If you thought this was about doping you missed the main point. This was to bring down an arrogant fraud and the caustic comments that he made over the years. TT Durai actually accumulated the largest reserves of all charities put together that would last it a long time. The gold taps and the excesses were small compared to the accumulated reserves. Durai thought he was god. Ms Saw of SMRT is in a similar boat. Her notoriety of her comments brought her down.

His teammates who were also dope heads are now heroes.

He is still my hero.
why he did it.

He compete in an era of cycling, when if you dun take performance enhancing aids, you are nobody. To win, you must take it. So the fault is not with him, but with the sport.
It is a disgrace that they went after him like this.

If he is the only person who took aids, then he is in the wrong, but everyone that won something are doing the same. So, those people still kept their medals, while he is being made an scapegoat. This is so unfair for Armstrong. His government attack on him is so unfair, USA athletes in every sport are doing it, so they going to go after all their sportsmen and sportswomen?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All sportmen and women in the world above 25 years that achieve super performance are fraud too, why not go after everyone? He is an hero.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All sportmen and women in the world above 25 years that achieve super performance are fraud too, why not go after everyone? He is an hero.

Sai lah Singveld, if you say like that hor, then Yin Zheng, Qin Emperor also hero lah? Lol

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I will put it at 35 instead. There are late starter in some sports. Normal human body after 35 is very very tough.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor armstrong, i hope he can keep his millions of dollars and enjoy the american dream in peace in USA.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I doubt if Armstrong cheated but even if he did, it was perfectly justifiable.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Everyone in pro cycling - the top riders - dopes. Everyone denies doping until they get caught.

But Armstrong was different. He wasn't just a doper. He was the ringleader of the largest, most organized, systematic doping scheme in sporting history. He coerced younger cyclists into doping by threatening to kick them out of US Postal. He bribed the UCI into overlooking a couple of positive tests. He threatened, sued and bullied those who accused him of doping into submission, in some instances even destroying their lives.

And when he's finally outed by a 1,000+ page report, he continues to deny defiantly, unlike most other athletes. Tiger Woods apologised, Marion Jones cried on TV, Armstrong's teammates showed contrition and agreed to a reduced suspension. But this guy rejects his only path to redemption - come clean, confess, ask for forgiveness, and atone by speaking up against doping in sport.

How to forgive this arrogant bastard?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How to forgive this arrogant bastard?

He doesn't need forgiveness. Only the weak succumb to the demands of the rest of society. Only losers need the approval of others.

I hope he gets his revenge on the Judas team mates who rode the bandwagon while the going was good but who had no hesitation in betraying him and squealing like chickens to save their own asses.

I spit on Hamilton, Hincapie, Landis and the rest of those spineless cowards who spilled the beans. May they all rot in hell! PTUI!!!!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is if they can be proven to have taken those drugs/steroids. I doubt Usain bolt has ever taken drugs and he's the world's best sprinter.

It's different for body builders. Those mr olympia winners are 100% confirm chopped to have taken gear and there's probably no need for them to take a drug test of course that's not to say they don't have those tests.

Guys like cutler, ronnie coleman are all on dope.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is if they can be proven to have taken those drugs/steroids. I doubt Usain bolt has ever taken drugs and he's the world's best sprinter.

It's different for body builders. Those mr olympia winners are 100% confirm chopped to have taken gear and there's probably no need for them to take a drug test of course that's not to say they don't have those tests.

Guys like cutler, ronnie coleman are all on dope.

All the bodybuilders are doped to the gills. Even bodybuilders from the '60s and '70s like Sergio Oliva, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbu and Reg Park were on the juice.

That's why despite the persistent efforts of the IFBB for the past 30 years bodybuilding was never included as an Olympic sport. The IOC told Ben Weider: Get rid of drugs and you're in. But they couldn't.

You'd have to go back to Steve Reeves (the original Hercules) in the early '50s to find a truly natural champion bodybuilder.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the bodybuilders are doped to the gills. Even bodybuilders from the '60s and '70s like Sergio Oliva, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbu and Reg Park were on the juice.

That's why despite the persistent efforts of the IFBB for the past 30 years bodybuilding was never included as an Olympic sport. The IOC told Ben Weider: Get rid of drugs and you're in. But they couldn't.

You'd have to go back to Steve Reeves (the original Hercules) in the early '50s to find a truly natural champion bodybuilder.

Yup that's right there's 2 cats of bbing. i believe. One is totally natural and the other is the pro scene.

The totally natural guys are way smaller and less defined than the pros.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, If you thought this was about doping you missed the main point. This was to bring down an arrogant fraud and the caustic comments that he made over the years. TT Durai actually accumulated the largest reserves of all charities put together that would last it a long time. The gold taps and the excesses were small compared to the accumulated reserves. Durai thought he was god. Ms Saw of SMRT is in a similar boat. Her notoriety of her comments brought her down.

His teammates who were also dope heads are now heroes.

Over-confidence brought TT down. He'd refused to be co-opted even as a new sheriff was in town.

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
everyone was taking drugs. winners celebrate. losers try to pull them down. don't forget the good he did