• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here

Travel 30 min~60min to save 50cent to $1>
Better sleep

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here

I dont take public trpt to work, but if I did I would wake up early cos I am a cheapskate.

but having said that, almost every sporean will do the same thing, cos we are all cheap fuckers. then what are they going to do? make the free travel even earlier?

this is not solving the problem, just plastering over it.

this gahment is truly fucked up, no good ideas and all talk cock only.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont take public trpt to work, but if I did I would wake up early cos I am a cheapskate.

but having said that, almost every sporean will do the same thing, cos we are all cheap fuckers. then what are they going to do? make the free travel even earlier?

this is not solving the problem, just plastering over it.

this gahment is truly fucked up, no good ideas and all talk cock only.

making 30% migrate to 7am will do the job

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there free lunch fm Govt after all.? I think this is bad decision. They hv given Bus Co buses
and now free MRT rides at certain times. Over the decades, they hv been unwilling to give concessions/
subsidies to the Poly students n even NS men. This is really dis-proportionate as foreigners make up more
of the early hour rides. Instead vouchers/top-up cards are most welcome for local citizens.
Hv the Govt come to realize that its a BIG mistake to corporatise Transport Cos.????

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hv the Govt come to realize that its a BIG mistake to corporatise Transport Cos.????

Please, the transport companies were never 'privatized'. Who owns most of their shares? :rolleyes:

Being listed on the stock exchange, issung dividends and releasing earnings reports mean nothing.

(o)(o)

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry i dont take public transport.but is intersting trying to figure out what you trying to explain.
why do you have to use another mrt card to reenter cityhall to bedok?

If I use the same MRT card, the IT system will sure know I am trying to beat the system by travelling free from Boon Lay to City Hall, and then only pay to travel from City Hall to Bedok. By 'following' the card usage data, the smart alec in SMRT will know this person (holding the card) travel from Boon Lay to Bedok, but did a 'transit' at City Hall.

By using two separate MRT cards, it will be tougher for them to trace my travel. The IT people think that it is one person travelling from Boon Lay to City hall (first card) and another person travelling from City Hall to Bedok (second card).

Last edited:

KNNBPCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If I use the same MRT card, the IT system will sure know I am trying to beat the system by travelling free from Boon Lay to City Hall, and then only pay to travel from City Hall to Bedok. By 'following' the card usage data, the smart alec in SMRT will know this person (holding the card) travel from Boon Lay to Bedok, but did a 'transit' at City Hall.

By using two separate MRT cards, it will be tougher for them to trace my travel. The IT people think that it is one person travelling from Boon Lay to City hall (first card) and another person travelling from City Hall to Bedok (second card).

Very confusing and convoluted, don't think they can really be bothered, but enjoy your travel anyway. :p

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very confusing and convoluted, don't think they can really be bothered, but enjoy your travel anyway. :p

yup, i cant understand the hell of it

Hacksaw Jim

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok i get what you mean... you will use the first card to tap out at city hall.. so it is free from boon lay to city hall.. then you will use the second card to tap in from city hall..and travel to bedok.. so you only pay for city hall to bedok...

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wake up early to save 50 cents and arrive to work early? As though the working hours are short in peesai. Who wants to linger at their workplace at an early time..

Another half baked shit from the pappies.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng will wait for everyone to squeeze into sardine cans before 07:45 then slowly walk towards MRT station to take the 08:00 train - sure got more seats lah! :biggrin:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FREE MRT Ride before 07:45 wef 24th June 2013!

How to make babies like that? Finish work at 10pm, go home, do some leftover office work, eat, bathe, sleep early just to get 50c discount...what a joke!!!:p $2 off I wake up & go before 745am...wait a minute, we work 9-5, we arrive at office building 8am...so go figure!

For 50cts off..we must be numskull...the 60% are & they will heartily approve..

Joe must be lurking around here. Heard him commenting on your post over at Gold 90.5