• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here.

coogans

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here

50cents discount and FREE are two very different thing. Either the reporter failed Mathematics and English or he is just plainly, a liar.

The way I read it, before 7.45 its free between certain station pairs. Between 7.45 am and 8 am you get a 50cent discount. After 8am pay full fare.

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Are you cheapskate enough to wake up early to save on MRT? If yes, pls click here

50cents discount and FREE are two very different thing. Either the reporter failed Mathematics and English or he is just plainly, a liar.

Commuters who are willing to get up earlier and travel to the city area before 7.45am will get free train rides from June 24.

Those who get off trains between 7.45am and 8am in the morning will get a 50 cents discount on their fares.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes people go to work earlier for various reasons. For example, they want to avoid certain people at the lift lobby. Or they prefer to have their coffee and breakfast near their workplace. Or they want to have their morning shit at the office toilet.

Different strokes for different folks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The way I read it, before 7.45 its free between certain station pairs.

LOL, might as well forget about the 'free' ride. :rolleyes:

Free = free, regardless of distance or duration or direction. No strings attached.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who have to reach b4 8am in town for work?

cleaners, f&b staffs, maintanence crews, healthcare workers etc etc....

see the common point in all these jobs?:rolleyes:

taxpapyers monies wasted on leeches.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Now you have the chance to check who are the real sinkie losers. Just check out those people at that time slot.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

10millions for this kind of shit project. SMRT must be laughing all the way to the bank.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not a bad incentive in my opinion. Those who can wake up and go to work earlier can enjoy free ride, an possibly not that crowded. Clearing the early batch will make the rush hours more bearable.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng says: 1 thing for sure - more people will be molesting more people! :biggrin: tehnee morchee kankarchng lah!

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

who have to reach b4 8am in town for work?

cleaners, f&b staffs, maintanence crews, healthcare workers etc etc....

see the common point in all these jobs?:rolleyes:

taxpapyers monies wasted on leeches.

Exactly. There's no defination who clearly eats the cake. Utmost,must be citizens in the form
of voucher,etc. So,PR n WP gain too.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now you have the chance to check who are the real sinkie losers. Just check out those people at that time slot.

We all know you will be raring to go at 630am. Don't be shy and just admit you are one of those losers.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LIAR more like it...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sometimes people go to work earlier for various reasons. For example, they want to avoid certain people at the lift lobby. Or they prefer to have their coffee and breakfast near their workplace. Or they want to have their morning shit at the office toilet.

Different strokes for different folks.

We have one cheapskate in the office who does that, come very early to use the toilet...use the same stall, so it was customary to sprinkle water into that stall, when we come in later & know he is still inside. One day, we were played out, we did our sprinkling of the stall & discover he is already in the office...guess, who was in that stall...horrors!...our Internal Auditor from our overseas HQ...we kept very quiet on this..

But you work 9-5, why would you want to travel to work before 7.45am?? even to avoid certain people, have breakfast or even....."drop bombs"???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm sure some car owners are hopping for some kind of deal on ERP rates:smile:

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is from my unsinkified friends:

4. Commuters must exit at any of the 16 designated stations in the city area by 7.45am on Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays) for the train portion of their journey to be free. The train journey must not begin at any of these 16 designated stations.

5. The 16 designated stations are Bugis, Chinatown, City Hall, Clarke Quay, Dhoby Ghaut, Lavender, Orchard, Outram Park, Raffles Place, Somerset, Tanjong Pagar, Bayfront, Bras Basah, Esplanade, Marina Bay and Promenade.

Not until changi airport lah... why sinkies in this forum like that one?????

imagery

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As for me I wont bother as its too early. I go into office at a bit past 9am so not worth it.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal

7th month happens early!!!

all the fucking sinkie yeowkwees will be out in droves to get their freebies.....

many will wet their pants thanking their PSAP masters for getting them to work faster and earlier.,....betterer for the economy and free hours of labour for your employers too you dumb fuck sinkies......

(o)(o)

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm sure there will be many people who will abuse the system.

For example, I have to travel from Boon Lay to Bedok every morning (cost me $1.77). I will use one MRT card to travel from Boon Lay and stop at City Hall before 7.45am (and get a free ride). Get out of the train and the gantry, and reenter the gantry with another MRT card to travel from City Hall to Bedok (cost me $1.20), and still reach my workplace at 8.30am as usual. The govt will 'subsidize' me $11.4 per month ($0.57 x 20 working days). I will not 'ease' the congestion but I suck $11.4 per month from tax payers. That will be $136.8 for the entire year!

All that I will contribute is congestion at the station gantry as I will leave the gantry, make a U-turn, and enter the station again.

Don't know who made such dumb policy ....

Singapore_MRT__LRT_Network_2012.png

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FREE MRT Ride before 07:45 wef 24th June 2013!

How to make babies like that? Finish work at 10pm, go home, do some leftover office work, eat, bathe, sleep early just to get 50c discount...what a joke!!!:p $2 off I wake up & go before 745am...wait a minute, we work 9-5, we arrive at office building 8am...so go figure!

For 50cts off..we must be numskull...the 60% are & they will heartily approve..

can alway make babies in the office andf happicaped toilet with other gals

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm sure there will be many people who will abuse the system.

For example, I have to travel from Boon Lay to Bedok every morning (cost me $1.77). I will use one MRT card to travel from Boon Lay and reach City Hall before 7.45am (and get a free ride). Get out of the train and the gantry, and reenter the gantry with another MRT card to travel from City Hall to Bedok (cost me $1.20), and reach my workplace at 8.30am. The govt will 'subsidize' me $11.4 per month ($0.57 x 20 working days). I will not 'ease' the congestion but I suck $11.4 per month from tax payers. That will be $136.8 for the entire year!

All that I will contribute is congestion at the station gantry as I will leave the gantry, make a U-turn, and enter the station again.

Don't know who made such dumb policy ....

Singapore_MRT__LRT_Network_2012.png

sorry i dont take public transport.but is intersting trying to figure out what you trying to explain.
why do you have to use another mrt card to reenter cityhall to bedok?

Last edited: