• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Are PAP's Policies Killing Singapore?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam you think highly of Papaya gahmen than WHY you migrate
to new Zealand?? isn't it contradicting? U say good health care,
good gahmen, good housing?? ..very cheap motor car??? Big
Bungalow land in SG??

Singapore does not have enough open space for my hobbies and sports. I chose NZ for the laid back lifestyle. However should I need medical care I will definitely return to Singapore because healthcare here sucks.

The number of medical errors made on a regular basis is scary. Singapore may have had a couple of scandals recently but because things don't go wrong in Singapore very often they make the headline news. In NZ mistakes by doctors and hospital staff are so frequent they aren't even newsworthy anymore so they seldom receive much publicity.

However if you google you'll find numerous reports eg :

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ffered-after-health-failures-in-the-past-year

A man required eye surgery after taking a pocket knife into a magnetic resonance imaging machine.
Performing surgery on the wrong side of the body, breaking a patient's arm, and removing the wrong tooth were all stuff-ups among the more than 500 "adverse events" reported in the past year.
However, in releasing the report the Health Quality and Safety Commission (HQSC) said patient care was getting better, not worse, with the events representing a fraction of the tens of thousands of interactions with health services every year.
READ MORE:
* Boy disabled by meningitis after being sent home from Wellington Hospital twice
* Medical mishaps increase

In the year to June 2015, a record 525 events were reported, up from 454 the previous year, where patients who went into hospital hoping to get better, and instead got worse.
Of these, 74 people died, although not necessarily because of the error.
An event was classified as "adverse" if a patient suffered avoidable harm. This could arise through everything from poor medical judgement, bad communication or just poor policy.
Adverse events disclosed include:
* A patient challenged hospital staff to an arm wrestle. The staff member agreed and broke the patient's arm. (Northland)
* A patient undergoing a magnetic (MRI) scan was struck in the eye by a flying pocket knife he had been carrying in his pocket. He required surgery and the DHB introduced hospital gowns for all scan patients. (Counties Manakau)
* A known dangerous mother breaking her newborn's arm while still in the post-natal unit. Poor co-ordination with Child, Youth and Family was later blamed. (Auckland)
* A dental therapist removing the wrong tooth after reading the x-ray the wrong way around. (Hutt Valley)
* At least two surgeons, including one in Wellington, accidentally operating on the wrong side of a patient.
* A range of medical equipment left inside a patients across the country, requiring additional surgery to remove them.
* A patient who suffered serious burns from a too hot water bottle. (Hawke's Bay)
* An man left with a barely functioning kidney, after the wrong one was removed for a transplant. (Auckland)
* An immune compromised patient developing pneumonia after being exposed to "contaminated hospital water". (Auckland)

I'm also living off my savings and investments here. If I needed to earn money I'd go back to Singapore in a flash too. The Kiwis have very low purchasing power and the market is dispersed over a large area. Singapore is an entrepreneur's dream because there are millions of potential customers in one small area.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I
Singapore does not have enough open space for my hobbies and sports.

I'm also living off my savings and investments here. If I needed to earn money I'd go back to Singapore in a flash too. The Kiwis have very low purchasing power and the market is dispersed over a large area. Singapore is an entrepreneur's dream because there are millions of potential customers in one small area.

Sam, you can bring a bus load of tiongbus/ vietbus into sinkieland for 1-2 months, make all money possible and scoot back to NZ before the authorities catches up. Huge customer base.

NZ and Aust are better places to live a relaxing life and access quality food. That's if one has the money.

Sam, please share if you have NZ citizenship and Sinkieland citizenship now. It's about time I apply for Aust citizenship but I want to keep my sinkieland citizenship. Sinkieland citizenship has its advantages and that goes beyond the red passport for travelling purposes.

If any donkey heads were to ask why apply for Aust citizenship then, the reply would be unlike sinkieland PR where these non-residents can leave permanently after getting PR, Aust require PR to stay a few years for every 5 years in order to renew. Opportunities goes beyond Aust and I believe many who live here before knows what I mean.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had friends and co-workers who always boasted and threatened to retire overseas. Some of them bought homes in JB and Malacca, others simply never made good on their empty boasts to retire in Malaysia. Those who bought homes in JB found that they were duped. Houses were left incomplete. Those who had completed homes ended up living in gated communities, making sure to isolate themselves from regular m&d society because of the huge crime rate. Their savings are almost never in ringgit. They keep their money largely in sing dollar.

If Singapore was that badly run, tens of thousands of sinkies would be lining the causeway each day to find work in JB instead of the other way round. Most of the sinkies I meet in malaysia or JB are there to shop and holiday. On the other hand, most of the jiuhukias I meet are never in Singapore for holiday. They are here to escape the incompetence, corruption and religious intolerance of their m&d country.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every country and race sure got good and black sheeps. of course, i am the white sheep, pure white,no stain kind...:o