• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Application for citizenship by PR of 40 years rejected

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
what are you trying to smoke? sinkie citizenship is a laughless joke in comedy clubs. really. who's that chinagirl with sgic who returns to the prc to participate in her national day parade? :rolleyes:
She has PR, blue IC. To get sinkie citizenship, one has to produce a letter from the country of origin on renounciation of citizenship.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
she was already a sg citizen holding a pink ic...

http://sgforums.com/forums/10/topics/377771

http://www.tremeritus.com/2009/10/0...-tv-and-proclaimed-loyalty-to-china-publicly/

are you color blind? you mean you can't even tell the difference between blue and pink? :rolleyes:
She was a PR, that's why she did not cut up her china citizenship. She may be offered singapore citizenship, on condition that she renounce her china citizenship, but clearly she did not go through with the application, or she fake the renunciation letter from china embassy and the sinkie immigration side did not verify.

Read your own link carefully.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She was a PR, that's why she did not cut up her china citizenship. She may be offered singapore citizenship, on condition that she renounce her china citizenship, but clearly she did not go through with the application, or she fake the renunciation letter from china embassy and the sinkie immigration side did not verify.

Read your own link carefully.

the sgforum site and stomp showed her renouncing her sg citizenship on video. "this video shows a prc woman proudly denounces her singapore pink ic to return to china."

the tremeritus link was older and claimed she had the blue ic.

i know what i'm reading. moron. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

further down the tremeritus link, "an angry singaporean ho h k complained:"

"i happened to view this clip on youtube and i got the biggest shock of my life when i reach 1min 05sec of the clip! it proudly displays a prc woman by the name of zhang yuanyuan denouncing her spore pink ic & return to china to work & participate in prc's 60th national day celebrations."

:rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
Just show them the $$$$ they will ask you...doors, what doors??

can reply to "light my fire" up their asses, figuratively of course, so that they will work harder to makes the lives of ordinary singaporeans better..................

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can tell most posters are younger than 30 here.

Last time for malaysians to apply for PR, they have to work here at least 7 years to be granted the PR privilege. I know of a girl that took 14 years to be granted PR finally.
And most malaysians actually want to apply for PR but are rejected numerous times as companies have a ruling that no more than 25% can be foreigners.

Then Sg owned companies like ST Electronics, PAS hire more foreigners and everyone followed suit. All of a sudden, the 25% quota disappeared and all hell broke loose.

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed. One would think it is a simple concept to understand -- that MPs exist to assist citizens, especially those who are their constituents. That is the purpose of a meet-the-people session. By posting his encounter on FB this Baey character has now opened the floodgates for every foreigner with a half-baked problem seeking help from Singapore MPs.

It should be: Assist any resident of his/her constituency, not just citizens.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. I wasn't looking at the citizenship aspect of the issue - just considering one thing - reuniting with one's family is a basic human need, want, and in cases where physical boundaries cause separation, becomes a right, more so if one has to fight for it. Does Singapore's policy makers ever consider this when making policies?

Cheers!

You are wrong. Citizenship is a precious commodity that should only be given to deserving individuals. People who has demonstrated their disdain for singapore citizenship by staying on as PR for decades should be rejected.

Those PRs who apply for singapore citizenship ASAP should have priority.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can have that understanding, but I do not accept it. My understanding of the primary role of an MP is to assist his/her constituents, and:

A constituent is defined as someone who has the ability to appoint another person to be a representative.

and

An example of constituent is a registered voter.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/constituent

Since when is a PR in Singapore a registered voter in parliamentary elections here?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can have that understanding, but I do not accept it. My understanding of the primary role of an MP is to assist his/her constituents, and:

A constituent is defined as someone who has the ability to appoint another person to be a representative.

and

An example of constituent is a registered voter.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/constituent

Since when is a PR in Singapore a registered voter in parliamentary elections here?

I don't think a definition from some online dictionary applies in the local context. And quoting selectively doesn't help either.

How about : A resident of a district or member of a group represented by an elected official?

I am sure there is a definition of a Singapore MP's duty somewhere.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ICA should shed it's ugly reputation as being one of the worst "public institution" in Singapore.

Even feedback forms in other departments list ICA as a department to compare with theirs in terms of service and standards. What a shame........

There are women here who gave birth to Singapore citizens. These male children served NS and annual in-camps and recalls.

Why do we give citizenships to murderers, prostitutes, rag-and-bone people and "peidu-mas" and leave these deserving ones out.

MP Baey should be applauded for seeking such statistics.......

The ICA should be allowed to run their department where the officers make their reccommendations WITHOUT outside interference.

Let us choose the right apples and separate the rotten ones.

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
She must be a homemaker because if she had money in her cpf account, i'm sure she will get an automatic citizenship. It's the only way govt can lock down her money...

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
the sgforum site and stomp showed her renouncing her sg citizenship on video. "this video shows a prc woman proudly denounces her singapore pink ic to return to china."

i know what i'm reading. moron. :rolleyes:
As I said, she did not complete her singapore citizenship application. The process is only completed when she produced the final letter from china to declare that she is no longer china citizen. Prior to this letter, she may get her provisional pink IC if she has made application to renounce with china.

Her case as described on internet is very weird because if she want to revert back to china citizenship, it will take time, and china may not accept. Furthermore any moron in china will happily give up their china citizenship for anything else other than North Korea.

Don't believe me? Go ask any prc with half a brain. Prc will give up their first born for singapore citizenship, and some will use it as springboard to another developed country. No sane prc will jump back to china citizenship.

Just because you read it on Internet doesn't make it true. Have you verified? Don't be naive.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. I wasn't looking at the citizenship aspect of the issue - just considering one thing - reuniting with one's family is a basic human need, want, and in cases where physical boundaries cause separation, becomes a right, more so if one has to fight for it. Does Singapore's policy makers ever consider this when making policies?

Cheers!
Without knowing the full facts, we can only speculate from limited info. On the surface, she could have applied since ages ago but failed to, presumably because she want to keep her Malaysian citizenship. This demonstrates that she has no desire for singapore citizenship until very recently. What changed?

She still has SPR, so reunion is not an issue. Rather it sounds more like a case of wanting to enjoy better benefits as singapore citizen, rather than due to any allegiance to singapore.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I said, she did not complete her singapore citizenship application. The process is only completed when she produced the final letter from china to declare that she is no longer china citizen. Prior to this letter, she may get her provisional pink IC if she has made application to renounce with china.

Her case as described on internet is very weird because if she want to revert back to china citizenship, it will take time, and china may not accept. Furthermore any moron in china will happily give up their china citizenship for anything else other than North Korea.

Don't believe me? Go ask any prc with half a brain. Prc will give up their first born for singapore citizenship, and some will use it as springboard to another developed country. No sane prc will jump back to china citizenship.

Just because you read it on Internet doesn't make it true. Have you verified? Don't be naive.

you are speculating and bullshitting without checking the facts. again trying to smoke and mirror forumers here that you know all when in fact you don't even produce the evidence.

make it easy for you. instead of posting her sg pink ic here for you, i suggest you look up google images under zhang yuanyuan pink ic.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
So should baey assist his Malaysian constituents in protesting the results of Malaysia election?

There has to be a line for elected MP on assisting non citizen. I think baey crossed that line because the woman clearly only wanted to remain as SPR for past 4 decades, and thus demonstrated her disdain for singapore citizenship. Why should any MP bother to help her?