• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple vs Android vs Windows 8

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
iOS and Android looks the same to me? that is why Samsung kena sued by Apple.

Windows 8 is the most original and creative products to use.

If you are business user, go for Windows 8, because it is dumb down OS for everybody especially CEOs who like to get everything on a page.

For people who are techie who like to mess around, I recommend Android, because you can do alot of customization.

Lastly, if you are old school guy who prefers stability and consistency and dun mind the old stuffs and can make do use iOS.

so it really depends on who you are and what do you think which is more important.

everyone got its strength and weaknesses, to put it simply. it is up to you lah!

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iOS and Android looks the same to me? that is why Samsung kena sued by Apple.

Windows 8 is the most original and creative products to use.

If you are business user, go for Windows 8, because it is dumb down OS for everybody especially CEOs who like to get everything on a page.

For people who are techie who like to mess around, I recommend Android, because you can do alot of customization.

Lastly, if you are old school guy who prefers stability and consistency and dun mind the old stuffs and can make do use iOS.

so it really depends on who you are and what do you think which is more important.

everyone got its strength and weaknesses, to put it simply. it is up to you lah!

More like Apple kenna sued by Samsung, Window 8 most original and creatives? WHAHAHAHAHA......

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With BYOD policies, Windows phones are no more 'business-oriented' than other phones. And Windows phones still does not have VPN.

Even Bill Gates called the Windows Phone strategy a mistake.

Bill Gates: Windows Phone strategy was 'a mistake'
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/18/bill_gates_microsoft_phone_mistake/

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously there is no more innovation at apple leow!

that is why their stocks drop 200 dollars to 400 from a high of 600.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Windows 8 phone is still in the early developmental stage, much like Android 1.5 Cupcake in the spring of 2009.

Give it another two to three iterations, Windows 8 phone will match or exceed the capability and functionality of iOS
and Android for the reason of forward integration and backward compatibility with Windows 8 Pro and Office.

The big question here is "Is there room for 3 to 4 competing mobile operating system" and what the future holds for
mobile communication (seamless integration of communication, productivity tools, entertainment and data management).
That is why there is so much interest in iWatch, iTV, iCloud for data and Google glass for visual presentation, etc.

My personal opinion is that RIM's Blackberry will be the first casualty.

Google is not making much headway with it's Chrome and Cloud services. It Search services is also vulnerability to future
in-store search integration by Amazon, Apple store (that is why iMap is so important to Apple future success), and other
big online retailers. etc.

The Clear and Present Threat to Android is the fear of fragmentation of Android OS by Samsung with it's Touchwiz.

By 2015 and beyond, it will be back to a two horse race between Apple and Microsoft (much like the PC era)!

Last edited:

DorkVader

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I feel like migrating from Android to Windows 8. Any good software for this migration?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Windows 8 phone is still in the early developmental stage, much like Android 1.5 Cupcake in the spring of 2009.

Give it another two to three iterations, Windows 8 phone will match or exceed the capability and functionality of iOS
and Android for the reason of forward integration and backward compatibility with Windows 8 Pro and Office.

You conveniently forgot that iOS and Android will also improve in the coming years.

The main problem now is that Microsoft is run by a bunch of idiots, the chief of them being Steve Ballmer. Windows 8's uptake rate in the first few months of its launch is worse that Vista's. Users (corporate and home) see no pertinent need to upgrade to Office 2013 from earlier versions, neither do they want to subscribe to Office 365. The others are happily using open source productivity software or Google Docs.

Smartphones and tablets are primarily media consumption devices... having tight Office integration in them is quite pointless.

The fact is Microsoft is attempting to leverage its legacy desktop software business onto touch-centric devices, and failing spectacularly. Sales of Surface and hybrid Windows 8 PCs have been poor, and Microsoft is blaming the OEMs.

Unless someone who's not an idiot takes over at Microsoft, Microsoft will end up becoming another Kodak or IBM.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fortune of technology companies lay in their ability to visualize and harness the power of emerging technologies,
articulate a concept and delivery a product that integrate both form and functionality.

The number of new technologies in computing, mobile communication, data management, productivity and entertainment
and their convergence are evolving at such rapid rate that all three main players are currently playing catch-up re-validating
their vision and articulating their product strategies.

Apple, by far, is at the head of this pack with the number of new patents filed. Microsoft is a distant second and Google
is a little further back. RIM is a non starter!

CEOs do come and go, much like Steve Job, Eric Schmitt and Bill Gate … no one is indispensable as demonstrated by Apple
firing of if key technology staff.

Bear in mind, analysts write for a living … their opinions are dollar a bucket! Ranting about passed successes and failures while
emotionally satisfying does not make an iota of different to the future success of a technology company.

It is important to look beyond analysis report to the number and type of patents filed for a clue to the direction and future well
being of a technology company!

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who think Microsoft making a comeback with Windows 8 must be nuts, just like believing Nokia going to take back their HP market :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's do a quick poll. How many out there are actually using Win 8 :biggrin:
No need poll. Just go on mrt and look around. Only see iPhones and Samsung. Occasional htc and blackberry. Yet to see a single person on mrt using lumia.

The new blackberry looks good. Win8 is in trouble.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need poll. Just go on mrt and look around. Only see iPhones and Samsung. Occasional htc and blackberry. Yet to see a single person on mrt using lumia.

The new blackberry looks good. Win8 is in trouble.

I was actually refering to the desktop OS win 8. People who are familiar with the Windows platform hate it because it is too unlike windows. So Microsoft is really screwed because many of their loyal customers are happy with XP or 7.

With Windows doing so badly there's no halo effect that will help Microsoft draw people to it's lumia phones.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was actually refering to the desktop OS win 8. People who are familiar with the Windows platform hate it because it is too unlike windows. So Microsoft is really screwed because many of their loyal customers are happy with XP or 7.

With Windows doing so badly there's no halo effect that will help Microsoft draw people to it's lumia phones.

People are not proactively upgrading to Windows 8, though if they buy a new PC these days it will come preloaded with Windows 8. They may or may not like it.

It was a terrible mistake to merge a point-and-click UI with a touch-centric UI: even usability experts say so.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People are not proactively upgrading to Windows 8, though if they buy a new PC these days it will come preloaded with Windows 8. They may or may not like it.

It was a terrible mistake to merge a point-and-click UI with a touch-centric UI: even usability experts say so.

I wonder if that's why many are turning to the Mac platform or getting tablets instead:confused:

I've always built my own PCs & have been able to choose the version of Windows. I've heard people complain that PC companies are including unwanted bloatware on their PCs. Contrast that to the Macbook Pro which I recently purchased, it didn't even come with an OS installation CD:eek: One can re-install the OS from a partition or get the OS from the the cloud.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if that's why many are turning to the Mac platform or getting tablets instead:confused:

I've always built my own PCs & have been able to choose the version of Windows. I've heard people complain that PC companies are including unwanted bloatware on their PCs. Contrast that to the Macbook Pro which I recently purchased, it didn't even come with an OS installation CD:eek: One can re-install the OS from a partition or get the OS from the the cloud.

Welcome to the dark side. You'll never look back, trust me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: