• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

apple new visitor center

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People like us who don't drive for the pleasure and ecstasy and orgasm will not appreciate why people drive BMWs. Highly unreliable car. Often breaks down. Expensive.

Maybe one analogy is some of us happily married. Faithful to wives. Good loving fathers responsible to familly.

While some others believe that pleasure is the way to go. High end hookers. Clandestine orgasms with sweet young things from all over the world.
i had a bwm 3 series sedan for over 14 years, and besides a tail light short (it was recalled once) and radiator leak (flaw of bmw's), it ran smooth and drivability was better than most european, jap and american cars. it's turning radius was superb, but it was rear-wheel drive thus the shaft ran between the rear-seat passengers. my car before that was an acura front-wheel drive. if not for an oil leak (another flaw of bmw sedans), i would have retained it as a spare car. gas mileage was averaging 30 mpg as it got older so the engine was still flawless. but you and i know in north america utility and getting from point a to b safely and reliably beat all the criteria. driving pleasure was not in consideration when we haul our collective arses to work and back, as traffic got worse and we were mostly stuck on the roads. interior comfort, noise control, hands-free and interactive screen and software become more important when we're in gridlock. but now that i'm retired i take pleasure in driving my puppy's macan down the coast of carmel and show him off plus his shuttle to would be admirers at apple park, faecesbook campus and googleplex. after all, why should an expensive vip puppy be shuttled around in a run-down honda or toyota? he deserves the best, and a shiny blue macan fits his high-life strutting profile. and his name is bleu. he has his own instagram page.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have driven Toyota Corolla in Singapore and Proton Saga in Singapore. Corolla has never given me ANY problem. Nothing. Saga power window failed. Air con repaired twice cannot. So I was driving with windows up and no air con in sinkieland. Go car park take ticket open door stretch hand out. In traffic jam just blow the fan inside with hot air also better than no air movement in hot sweaty humid shitty sinkieland.

In Canada I have driven Suzuki XL7. Problem with battery drain. need to maintain. Also had some front control arms problems. Repaired under extended warranty (heng I bought).

Also Canada Corolla. NONE problem after 6 years so far. Just got 2 RAV4s this year. So far so good.

Ford Expedition got it early this year 2016 model - already had wiper fluid tube jammed - replaced under warranty. Now power steering having intermittent loss of power but they cannot reproduce it during road test. So monitor.

Frankly, I swear by Toyota. The Toyota Sequioa is not as spacious as the Expedition and Toyota is trying to phase out the Sequioa and there arent many 2nd hand used models for sale. Otherwise I would have gone with Sequoia. Also thought to give Ford a try. Unlikely I will buy another Ford.

Toyota. Best car company in the world.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
porsche is part of group running volkswagen. lambo also part of volkswagen group. ferrari is now under fiat.
Crap car companies. FIAT. If they can't make good cars in the first place why trust their luxury brand?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Crap car companies. FIAT. If they can't make good cars in the first place why trust their luxury brand?
fiat is dominant in italy and some parts of europe. they acquired alfa romeo (auto aficionados will say this is the grand dame) and then ferrari. ferrari the founder used to work for alfa romeo. i have been to all 3 original hq's in northern italy. they are preserved as historic sites.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People like us who don't drive for the pleasure and ecstasy and orgasm will not appreciate why people drive BMWs. Highly unreliable car. Often breaks down. Expensive.

Maybe one analogy is some of us happily married. Faithful to wives. Good loving fathers responsible to familly.

While some others believe that pleasure is the way to go. High end hookers. Clandestine orgasms with sweet young things from all over the world.

You lost me at 'happily married'.

One can be as faithful to a reliable as to an unreliable car, if you want to bring up the analogy of fidelity.

Finding pleasure in driving a car = unfaithful? No pleasure and ecstasy and orgasm = faithful? Then your marriage must be a miserable one if neither you nor your wife find pleasure in each other, but are merely there for a utilitarian purpose, like a trusty Corolla. On the other hand, my wife and I enjoy our company, like fine wine & music, while remaining faithful to each other.

Sheez, your logic sucks. You're a disgrace to the medical profession. Taken your happy pill yet?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes I have always said I am a disgrace to the medical profession. I am a disgrace period.

But at least I know what I am.

Oh yeah I don't drink wine either. Not beer.

I am guessing you are an anaesthetist.

Last edited:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

BMW is a very good car to drive. My good friend in Bangkok allow me to drive it to Hua Hin and back. It is the best car that i had ever driven. He seldom sent it for servicing and done yearly check up and maintenance for his BMW. I want my first car to be a BMW.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
You lost me at 'happily married'.

One can be as faithful to a reliable as to an unreliable car, if you want to bring up the analogy of fidelity.

Finding pleasure in driving a car = unfaithful? No pleasure and ecstasy and orgasm = faithful? Then your marriage must be a miserable one if neither you nor your wife find pleasure in each other, but are merely there for a utilitarian purpose, like a trusty Corolla. My wife and I enjoy our company, like fine wine & music, while remaining faithful to each other.

Sheez, your logic sucks. You're a disgrace to the medical profession. Taken your happy pill yet?

He keeps mentioning that he is from Canada. Seriously, i highly doubt so after reading a number of his posts. But hey, it is all good.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
He keeps mentioning that he is from Canada. Seriously, i highly doubt so after reading a number of his posts. But hey, it is all good.

Yeah I am not from Canada lah. You so clever. Saw through my ruse. Yup I live in Yishun

How you know ar?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't be lah. very few including canadians living outside calgary know exactly where the old olympics white elephants are in calgary. it takes a calgarian to know exactly where they are.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
toyota is ranked number 9 together with apple, in terms of size or capitalization. it's also the largest automaker by far.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/corinn...s-largest-public-companies-2017/#1ebed232508d

Dollar for dollar, the Japs make the best cars in the world. Period. And Toyota stands head and shoulders above everyone else.

When I drive in a place for the first time, I rent Japanese, for the reliability. (I remember exploring the entire Western Australia in a Toyota Camry yonks ago – the ride was as uninspiring as it gets, and the car almost planed when it hit 180 km/h, but I had peace of mind throughout.)

There was this Toyota consultant visiting the Porsche plant in Stuttgart in the '90s who came away with culture shock. It was medieval: there was no automation, no robots, mechanics were scrambling up cat ladders to search for spare parts in cabinets that weren't labelled, so many man-hours were wasted locating stuff and getting it to the assembly line where everything was manually put together ... he understood why it took Toyota only a third of the cost to make a car of similar design, quality and sophistication.

That said, the Japs just don't make cars that stir the soul, both in styling and in driveability, Mazda being the sole exception. (That's why the Brits and HKers dig Mazdas, unlike Sinkies.)

But I've long given up explaining these things to Sinkies, and Sinkie migrants to Canada. When a person is operating at Maslow's 4 & 5, it's well nigh impossible to lift him to Maslow's 1 & 2.:smile:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
can't be lah. very few including canadians living outside calgary know exactly where the old olympics white elephants are in calgary. it takes a calgarian to know exactly where they are.

Google maps lah. Now with internet everything also can fake. Even fake currency also can sell.

Oh and I purposely try not to post in afternoons and only during early morning hours at night so that it looks like I am in a different time zone.

Sigh. Despite all this still cannot fool the dumb ass Sinkies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Dollar for dollar, the Japs make the best cars in the world. Period. And Toyota stands head and shoulders above everyone else.

When I drive in a place for the first time, I rent Japanese, for the reliability. (I remember exploring the entire Western Australia in a Toyota Camry yonks ago – the ride was as uninspiring as it gets, and the car almost planed when it hit 180 km/h, but I had peace of mind throughout.)

There was this Toyota consultant visiting the Porsche plant in Stuttgart in the '90s who came away with culture shock. It was medieval; there was no automation, no robots, mechanics were scrambling up cat ladders to search for spare parts in cabinets that weren't labelled, so many man-hours were wasted locating stuff and getting it to the assembly line where everything was manually put together ... he understood why it took Toyota only a third of the cost to make a car of similar design, quality and sophistication.

That said, the Japs just don't make cars that stir the soul, both in styling and in driveability, Mazda being the sole exception. (That's why the Brits and HKers dig Mazdas, unlike Sinkies.)

But I've long given up explaining these things to Sinkies, and Sinkie migrants to Canada. When a person is operating at Maslow's 4 & 5, it's well nigh impossible to lift him to Maslow's 1 & 2.:smile:

I agree with your assessment.