• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone use PowerPac fridge?

sunghilee

@UltimaOnline , so much info u share!

i read the lazada comments that this unit is not frost free... how often need to defrost?
i don't see a drip tray in the photos, so how to defrost?
if defrost freezer, will the bottom fridge still function? or need to turn off whole unit?

This is the exact same model I'm using right now (one meter away from my PC as I'm typing this in my bedroom).

I'm using 4 mini-fridges right now, and this one is my No.1 favorite, as it's the only mini-fridge in the world with a proper freezer compartment that can be used to store ice-cream (eg. the limited edition popcorn-caramel sundae from Macdonald's available now), while all other mini-fridges' so-called freezer compartments can only store ice-cube trays, nothing else.

Excellent choice, you won't regret it.

PPF85-1_e4a1cabe-2584-47ed-961c-e7389b39f9be_1200x1200.jpg

https://powerpac.com.sg/collections...85l-2-door-mini-bar-fridge-with-freezer-ppf85

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@UltimaOnline , so much info u share!

i read the lazada comments that this unit is not frost free... how often need to defrost?
i don't see a drip tray in the photos, so how to defrost?
if defrost freezer, will the bottom fridge still function? or need to turn off whole unit?

Update since this thread started : Now I've 5 mini-fridges (3 in my bedroom*), 1 large chest freezer and 1 large fridge.
*Nothing like the convenience of enjoying ice-cold drinks next to your bed in the middle of the night.

For mini-fridges, this model (you're asking about) remains my favourite :
https://powerpac.com.sg/collections...85l-2-door-mini-bar-fridge-with-freezer-ppf85

PPF85-1_1200x1200.jpg

How often to defrost depends on how often you use the mini-fridge and how long you keep the fridge/freezer door open each time you use.

For myself, I defrost only once every 6 months (sometimes sooner, sometimes later, depending on frost build up, which also varies across my different mini-fridges as I use them with different frequencies), and with multiple mini-fridges next to each other, I just transfer the contents from the mini-fridge to be defrosted to a neighbouring mini-fridge which doesn't need to be defrosted yet, ie. rotating schedule for defrosting.

You have to turn off the entire unit, as a single power switch powers both freezer and fridge compartments.

There isn't a drip tray, you simply stuff a (clean dry) towel up in the freezer compartment, wait for 1 hour enough liao. Then take out the wet towel, and use a 2nd dry clean towel to wipe dry both the fridge and freezer compartments.

It's not much of a hassle, and especially convenient when you've 2 (or more, like myself) mini-fridges next to each other to conveniently transfer the contents across mini-fridges. Some of my mini-fridges (including this model) are actually stacked on top of each other, to maximize the use of space.

Hope you enjoy using this mini-fridge like I still do, and always will! :smile:

Last edited: