• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone use PowerPac fridge?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the exact same model I'm using right now (one meter away from my PC as I'm typing this in my bedroom).

I'm using 4 mini-fridges right now, and this one is my No.1 favorite, as it's the only mini-fridge in the world with a proper freezer compartment that can be used to store ice-cream (eg. the limited edition popcorn-caramel sundae from Macdonald's available now), while all other mini-fridges' so-called freezer compartments can only store ice-cube trays, nothing else.

Excellent choice, you won't regret it.

PPF85-1_e4a1cabe-2584-47ed-961c-e7389b39f9be_1200x1200.jpg

https://powerpac.com.sg/collections...85l-2-door-mini-bar-fridge-with-freezer-ppf85

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the exact same model I'm using right now (one meter away from my PC as I'm typing this in my bedroom).

I'm using 4 mini-fridges right now, and this one is my No.1 favorite, as it's the only mini-fridge in the world with a proper freezer compartment that can be used to store ice-cream (eg. the limited edition popcorn-caramel sundae from Macdonald's available now), while all other mini-fridges' so-called freezer compartments can only store ice-cube trays, nothing else.

https://powerpac.com.sg/collections...85l-2-door-mini-bar-fridge-with-freezer-ppf85
One tick power consumption only? Is it energy efficient?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My sticker says 2 ticks. Perhaps standards have changed over time (either my sticker or the website's photo sticker is outdated). But all mini-fridges, being limited by their mini-design, can only have so much efficiency (all 4 of my mini-fridges have 2 ticks, I don't think I've ever seen a 3 or 4 ticks mini-fridge).

And electric bill wise, it's my 5 separate air-cons that use lots of electricity, the mini-fridges don't consume much, so no worries.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On a related cooling note, I've 5 portable air-cons (only hassle is the need to empty the condensate from jerry cans every couple of hours).

In terms of both energy efficiency and performance, my 5 air-cons from worst to best are : Taiyo brand (worst), Akira brand (ok), Trentios (best).

In particular, my No.1 favorite among my 5 portable air-cons, is Trentios portable air-con SIN-TP9/15

15,000 BTU
6-in-1 Functions :
Cooling, Heating, Fan, Dehumidifying, HEPA Air Purifying, WifiAuto Air Swing
Touch-screen controls with LCD display
Wifi-enabled with smartphone control (optional)
Weight: 29kg
Dimensions (mm): 350W x 535D x 600H

Important Note : washing the filters of portable air-cons are annoying, primarily because the filters are always irritatingly difficult to remove and fix back (ie. poor design). This is true for Taiyo, Akira and even other Trentios air-cons, EXCEPT for the Trentios SIN-TP9/15, SIN-TP7/14 and SIN-TP1/10 models, whose filters are so ridiculously easy to remove and fix back (I actually LOLed incredulously the 1st time I removed it, having gotten used to previous air-cons all with irritatingly difficult filters and expecting likewise), that I've decided that I wouldn't ever buy any other air-con brands or models other than these 3 particular Trentios models in the future, if replacements are ever needed.

hybrid_SINTP15.jpg

http://www.trentios.com/products/portable/#hybrid

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On another related note, I've 5 HEPA air-purifiers (my 4 mini-fridges, 5 air-cons, 5 air-purifiers, 2 desktop PCs, 2 LCD TVs are all in my bedroom), and in case anyone's interested in air-purifiers now (that hellish burning smell every night from multiple Malaysian fires has been ongoing for weeks now), my No.1 favorite among my 5 HEPA air purifiers, in terms of efficacy or effectiveness, is the Honeywell 50250-S True HEPA Air Purifier.

AirPurifier.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-50250-S-True-HEPA-Purifier/dp/B00007E7RY

(Warning : buying from Amazon means you get the American 110V version, and you'll have to separately buy an AC to AC converter, otherwise the Singapore 240V electricity will cause the air-purifier to dangerously explode, I learnt this the hard way back in the 2013 Southeast Asian haze crisis).

This model is unfortunately not readily available (ie. Best Denki, Harvey Normal, Courts, etc) in Singapore.

The models readily available in Singapore are mostly useless hao siao 'ionizer' crap, many of which even claim to generate ozone gas, which if true, would be deadly toxic : "Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs. The severity of injury depends on both by the concentration of ozone and the duration of exposure. Severe and permanent lung injury or death could result from even a very short-term exposure to relatively low concentrations." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#Safety_regulations

And if the Honeywell brand is even available locally, the models are mostly of this variant (photo below), which are nowhere as effective (ie. not recommended).

honeywell-hepa-air-purifier-ha170e-8269-7028837-8442da2f62374d0d68d3aeacf5af7ea4-catalog_233.jpg

Fortunately, a lower-capacity variant of the Honeywell 50250 (my No.1 favorite air-purifier), the Honeywell 50150 does appear to be available from Lazada :

https://www.lazada.sg/products/hone...round-air-purifier-i149201979-s184803038.html

The 50250-S is rated for 390 square feet, while the 50150-N is rated for 225 square feet. - https://healthybutsmart.com/honeywell-50250-s-review/#Honeywell_50250-S_vs_50150-N

Though it isn't specified on the Lazada webpage whether the input voltage is the American 110V or the Singapore 240V, so buyer beware.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
EXCEPT for the Trentios SIN-TP9/15, SIN-TP7/14 and SIN-TP1/10 models, whose filters are so ridiculously easy to remove and fix back
Hello ultima, may I know is it easy to self install this? I assume there is a hot air discharge. How does one fix a hole through the hdb window? Have to get a contractor to cut a round hole in my spare room window if I want to install your 3 recommended Trentios?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hello ultima, may I know is it easy to self install this? I assume there is a hot air discharge. How does one fix a hole through the hdb window? Have to get a contractor to cut a round hole in my spare room window if I want to install your 3 recommended Trentios?

All portable air-cons are extremely easy to self-install (I installed all my portable air-cons by myself, which is another reason why I like portable air-cons, so easy to self-install). Air-con technicians or contractors are only required for non-portable window placement air-con installations.

Yes, the hot air discharge tube has to be directed out of the HDB window. All portable air-cons come with a rectangular sliding panel with a circular hole for the hot air discharge tube, and the rectangular sliding panel is to be fitted between your HDB sliding windows.

But you'll need to buy your own Jerry cans (use plastic ones, they're lighter and won't rust as metal Jerry cans will, which are also heavier) and plastic garden hose tubings, to drain the condensate from the portable air-cons. Also note that may need to elevate your portable air-cons (eg. placing them on sturdy tables instead of the floor), to facilitate both the flow of condensate downwards into the jerry cans, as well as the placement of the hot air discharge tubes.

Actually 1 of my 5 bedroom's air-cons is the non-portable window placement air-con, while 4 of my bedroom's air-cons are portable.

The pro of portable air-con is ease of replacing when they're malfunctioning, as well as portability around the house. The con is the hot air discharge tube and the jerry can to collect condensate.

But at least 1 of your air-cons should be non-portable. Why? Because in times of haze when you're using HEPA air-purifiers, you'll want internal air circulation within the room, which is what non-portable window placement air-cons achieve. In times of haze, the portable air-con has another con (no pun intended), which is hazy air from outside is sucked in, due to the differential in gaseous pressure resulting from the hot air discharge.

So in order to preserve and lengthen the functioning life, I try not to use my non-portable window air-con (even though it's less of a hassle as no emptying of Jerry cans needed), and instead use my portable air-cons for daily usage. I turn on my non-portable window air-con only in times of haze, when I also simultaneously operate my HEPA air-purifiers (see earlier post in this thread).

Last edited:

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why? Because in times of haze when you're using HEPA air-purifiers, you'll want internal air circulation within the room, which is what non-portable window placement air-cons achieve. In times of haze, the portable air-con has another con (no pun intended), which is hazy air from outside is sucked in, due to the differential in gaseous pressure resulting from the hot air discharge.

This is interesting. Never knew this. Thanks. Good info to remember.

fitted between your HDB sliding windows

Mine isn't sliding window, mine is open type with handle. Can still install?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mine isn't sliding window, mine is open type with handle. Can still install?

Hmm, then it'll be more problematic. You'll have to try to find some workaround, using your own creative engineering. For instance, you could try opening your windows only slightly, enough to insert the hot air discharge tube downwards out the window, then use your own insulating materials (eg. plastic, cloth, wood panel, etc) to 'seal' the rest of the gap between your semi-open windows above the hot air discharge tube.

It'll be more troublesome to install for such windows, but not undoable. I did this for 2 of my bedroom's portable air-cons as well (even though my windows are sliding), with the 2 side-by-side portable air cons' hot air discharge tubes arranged vertically (one on top of the other). I sealed the remaining gap using a mixture of materials.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, then it'll be more problematic. You'll have to try to find some workaround, using your own creative engineering. For instance, you could opening your windows only slightly, enough to insert the hot air discharge tube downwards out the window, then use your own insulating materials (eg. plastic, cloth, wood panel, etc) to 'seal' the rest of the gap between your semi-open windows above the hot air discharge tube.

It'll be more troublesome to install for such windows, but not undoable. I did this for 2 of my bedroom's portable air-cons as well (even though my windows are sliding), with the 2 side-by-side portable air cons' hot air discharge tubes arranged vertically (one on top of the other). I sealed the remaining gap using a mixture of materials.
I wonder if there a portable aircon like Trentios type that there's no need to have hot air exhaust. Not a techno person, so just wondering

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder if there a portable aircon like Trentios type that there's no need to have hot air exhaust. Not a techno person, so just wondering

On the same Trentios webpage, and in fact in the same 'Hybrid' section, models TPS-M5 and TPS-M7 are specified as 'hoseless'. But I suspect this refers to the condensate-to-jerrycan hose, rather than the hot air discharge hose/tube. You should contact Trentios staff to confirm and ask for further info, on whether any portable air-cons without hot air-discharge tubes even exist at all.

Even if they exist, efficacy will surely be compromised. Even portable air-cons which claim to vaporize away the condensate (hence no need for jerry cans or drainage), only at best reduce the amount of condensate needed to be drained away, rather than completely vaporizing away all the condensate.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

thank you for the assurance.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a related cooling note, I've 5 portable air-cons (only hassle is the need to empty the condensate from jerry cans every couple of hours).

In terms of both energy efficiency and performance, my 5 air-cons from worst to best are : Taiyo brand (worst), Akira brand (ok), Trentios (best).

In particular, my No.1 favorite among my 5 portable air-cons, is Trentios portable air-con SIN-TP9/15

15,000 BTU
6-in-1 Functions :
Cooling, Heating, Fan, Dehumidifying, HEPA Air Purifying, WifiAuto Air Swing
Touch-screen controls with LCD display
Wifi-enabled with smartphone control (optional)
Weight: 29kg
Dimensions (mm): 350W x 535D x 600H

Important Note : washing the filters of portable air-cons are annoying, primarily because the filters are always irritatingly difficult to remove and fix back (ie. poor design). This is true for Taiyo, Akira and even other Trentios air-cons, EXCEPT for the Trentios SIN-TP9/15, SIN-TP7/14 and SIN-TP1/10 models, whose filters are so ridiculously easy to remove and fix back (I actually LOLed incredulously the 1st time I removed it, having gotten used to previous air-cons all with irritatingly difficult filters and expecting likewise), that I've decided that I wouldn't ever buy any other air-con brands or models other than these 3 particular Trentios models in the future, if replacements are ever needed.

hybrid_SINTP15.jpg

newer version of portable aircon no longer need to discharge jerry can of water.the moisture are dispersed through the hot air duct.
I have a Acma portable aircon bought 16 years ago. 1 of the pioneer generation patch when portable aircon is manufacture. Is still running well except a bit noisy.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

actual have.but is not from Trentios.
there is actually 3 portion.
portable aircon and mini compressor and pipe exchange.
you will place your portable aircon as usual in your room. place your mini compressor outside your window(outdoor)
connect the heat exchange pipe that transfer the heat from indoor to outdoor.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you're storing ice cream, you can always get this vintage food cabinet.

156334530_7de2cef62d_o.jpg

You can always buy ice cubes from elsewhere and store them in a vacuum container.
my grandma and mom relied on this furniture to store cooked food when refrigerators are still a sci fi appliance in the 60s in sg. brings back fond memories.