• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

anyone here have insomnia ?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think I've recommended reading in bed in another thread. Your eyes would naturally tire out and you would fall asleep. For you, the recommended book should be the Bible.

hi there

1. aiyoh! ram.
2. that is some heavy reading.
3. how to knock drifter off!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro drifter, first don't panick.
2. 5-6 hrs of sleep to many guys is regular & pretty good.
3. honest, it is all a mind thing!
4. you need to relax & at peace with yourself & the surroundings.
5. then you can rest properly.
6. don't push it.
7. yes, regular exercises help an individual to relieve stress & relax.
8. able to sleep betterer will come next.

klkang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello there. this is one topic I like to give my 2 cents worth. I tried meditation - which is really good for me, it is not easy but after some practice, instead of going into deep meditation, I actually felt very sleepy and have very good deep sleep. Well i guess although I try to have good meditation practise , but the side effect (or benefit shoulod I say) is I can sleep better.
In essence, meditation in its simplest form is focusing on the breath and expell thoughts, logically if you think about it, it make sense cause every time people says oh dont think too much,it is too much thoguhts that cause us so much headache, and sleepless night. so if we can focus on the breath (which could be very very boring initially but then if you practise - it becomes refreshing and sharpen your mind) we are actually not thinking of "things" and gradually we will get to a calm balance state. For me, I guess it help me as I really dont meditate very well, but still I can get to a stage where I am sleepy and have a good sleep....heheh try it.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro drifter, first don't panick.
2. 5-6 hrs of sleep to many guys is regular & pretty good.
3. honest, it is all a mind thing!
4. you need to relax & at peace with yourself & the surroundings.
5. then you can rest properly.
6. don't push it.
7. yes, regular exercises help an individual to relieve stress & relax.
8. able to sleep betterer will come next.

thankyou bro...noted :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
expose more to radiation lah, then can sleep permanently...

come in so early today ? i was expecting you to come around 2am so that i can have a good sleep ..next time come around 2am ok ? i can give you points :wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exercise is good. Remember those days in police academy (and army camps for for in army)? Shacked like hell, just close your eyes and fall asleep. In fact, some standing in parade square closed eyes also could sleep.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Exercise is good. Remember those days in police academy (and army camps for for in army)? Shacked like hell, just close your eyes and fall asleep. In fact, some standing in parade square closed eyes also could sleep.

bro , maybe last time young so very easy to sleep .

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, you got catch some sleep boh? If really persistent, think have to see doctor already. Just relax and maybe read some boring book or watch tv with low volume. I do doze while watching TV.

On sleeping during NS time, yeah. The only 3 things on my mind during NS is bookout, next smoking break and next opportunity to sleep. Call it no pride or whatever, that's how I complete my 2 years slavery.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
bro drifter, I've had insomnia for years. Sleep has never come easy to me, KNN. It was bad when I was climbing the corporate ladder, with all its back stabbing and politics. It only got better when I became self-employed. As mentioned previously by bros here, the body is tired but the brain is running in top gear. Thats the main cause. Exercise is useful, I cycle, swim or play tennis. But i also take sleeping pills sometimes. It can get addictive, so only take in moderation. You can also try relaxation techniques (focusing on contracting muscles in specific areas of the body, hold it for 10, 20 secs. Then relax it. And start again. Can start from toes, then calf muscles, thigh muscles and work your way up to your face muscles). Oh, and a nightcap helps as well. For some pple, soothing music will help, but I prefer total silence.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, you got catch some sleep boh? If really persistent, think have to see doctor already. Just relax and maybe read some boring book or watch tv with low volume. I do doze while watching TV.

On sleeping during NS time, yeah. The only 3 things on my mind during NS is bookout, next smoking break and next opportunity to sleep. Call it no pride or whatever, that's how I complete my 2 years slavery.

bro..the day before yesterday i sleep for 3 hours ..yesterday until now still haven sleep ..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro drifter, I've had insomnia for years. Sleep has never come easy to me, KNN. It was bad when I was climbing the corporate ladder, with all its back stabbing and politics. It only got better when I became self-employed. As mentioned previously by bros here, the body is tired but the brain is running in top gear. Thats the main cause. Exercise is useful, I cycle, swim or play tennis. But i also take sleeping pills sometimes. It can get addictive, so only take in moderation. You can also try relaxation techniques (focusing on contracting muscles in specific areas of the body, hold it for 10, 20 secs. Then relax it. And start again. Can start from toes, then calf muscles, thigh muscles and work your way up to your face muscles). Oh, and a nightcap helps as well. For some pple, soothing music will help, but I prefer total silence.

thankyou bro for your advice ..i also prefer total silence ..abit of sound i cannot sleep liao . bro tonight i will try your relaxation techniques cause i try drinking warm milk already , dont know why ...it does not work on my body .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U must be a iron man or something? Consult a doc, they have sleeping pills.

bro...i try to stay away from chemical as far as possible . i dont want to depends on drugs . even when im sick i also never take medication ...after few days naturally become ok .

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
thankyou bro for your advice ..i also prefer total silence ..abit of sound i cannot sleep liao . bro tonight i will try your relaxation techniques cause i try drinking warm milk already , dont know why ...it does not work on my body .

bro, remember you need to sleep. Our body has a biological clock. It needs us to sleep so that our organs can slow down, and start to cleanse/detox (I was told). If I don't get enough sleep, my blood pressure will shoot up and the body just feels unright. Yes, try the relaxation technique and free your mind at the same time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, this is getting serious. sleep deprivation can be quite damaging. Think first priority is to get some sleep tonight and worry later. I am not doctor but suggest get mao and tipsy first and see can fall asleep or not.

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...i try to stay away from chemical as far as possible . i dont want to depends on drugs . even when im sick i also never take medication ...after few days naturally become ok .

Forget about pills then, Another way is sex, it works.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, remember you need to sleep. Our body has a biological clock. It needs us to sleep so that our organs can slow down, and start to cleanse/detox (I was told). If I don't get enough sleep, my blood pressure will shoot up and the body just feels unright. Yes, try the relaxation technique and free your mind at the same time.

noted bro...thankyou .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, this is getting serious. sleep deprivation can be quite damaging. Think first priority is to get some sleep tonight and worry later. I am not doctor but suggest get mao and tipsy first and see can fall asleep or not.

bro..i dont really like to mao on alcohol ..everytime i drink my face and body become red and feel like throwing up ..and i dont like the taste of alcohol .

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

How about taking vitamin? I was reading up on calcium, magnesium, vitamin D that time and noticed many of the customer reviews indicated taking these vitamins helped them to sleep better.