• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at cooking here?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak bro, we r still waiting to sample your signature green curry.

No offense, I think guys who can cook are wimpy, professional chefs/cooks aside. :p
Knn.... char bors will go to bed with me after they sample my food hor.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shrimp with Celery
-------------------------
1 spoonful butter
1 spoonful oyster sauce
3 stalks of celery, cut diagonally, 1cm thick
200 grams of prawns, shelled
3-4 shallots diced

Melt the butter, put in the shallots, stir till shallots transparent, put in the celery, continue stirring, if you want the celery not too soft, dun cook too long. Next put in the prawns and the oyster sauce, stir till shrimp cooks. (add salt if necessary). A dash of pepper corn. Thats it. (will be great if cook in a claypot)

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about Cambodians? Some Khmer girls have suffered under Pol Pot's regime, so you can assume that their psychological health isn't really good.

Pinays are very jealous, always assuming you are cheating on her. But women from Indo-China countries are famous for chopping dicks.

Only experienced Thai and Viet girls. Khmer girls, you have consult with YSL.

Knn.... char bors will go to bed with me after they sample my food hor.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You're epic fail! Girls cook for me and if they pass, then they can go to bed with me. The Viet girl with the dog, epic pass. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sick and tired of eating out and it is so unhealthy...

I wanna cook at home so that I can control my diet...

Anyone got good recipe to share? What is your specialty dish?

Let me start first...

Don't have to know how to cook to eat healthy. Can eat raw tomatoes & lettuce without cooking

If you want to cook, steaming is healthier e.g. steam broccoli, carrots, brussel sprouts, fish.

Frying should be avoided. If you have to eat meat it's better to stick to fish.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last noted residual radiation detected some 650km away from Fukushima site?

The recommendation to avoid meat is based on health studies & without considering the issue of pollution.
I stick mostly to fish like Salmon. There's of course the problem of pollution with whatever you eat nowadays.

With seafood you have problems with dioxin & mercury.
Even with "safe" meats you will be exposed to hormones & antibiotics commonly used which are "approved" for raising chickens & cattle.

With the amount of pollution out there it's becomes vital that people supplement. Supplements have become essential not only in providing essential nutrients but also in helping the body detoxing.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Okay...this one is my mum's cooking...steamed fish.

Ingredients

- 1 medium whole fish (such as white pomfret)
- a few slices of ginger
- 1 chilli padi, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, wedges
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, soften, sliced thinly
- Salted vegetables, sliced thinly
- 2 salted plums
- A dash of rice wine
- A dash of light soy sauce
- plain water
- spring onions, sliced thinly to wispy strips

Process:
1. Place half of ginger, mushroom and salted vergetable inside the fish cavity and bottom of a deep plate.
2. Drizzle light soy sauce and mirin over the fish. Keep in fridge (covered) for at least 30 mins.
3. When ready to steam the fish, add water and scatter the rest of the ingredients over the fish and around the plate.
4. Steam on high heat for roughly 15 minutes – the water in the steamer should be boiling before the fish goes in, and the duration stated for steaming should start only from that moment.

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I like to cook but more for family...when we have gathering.

I cook for my parents on weekends, its my way of showing them my appreciation since they always cook for me.

No offense, I think guys who can cook are wimpy, professional chefs/cooks aside. :p

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
water only a few teaspoon. My fish will be pat until very dry before cooking. More water will come from the steam...

Anyway, no standard way lah. Its just the way I do it.

Sai, why put plain water? no need water lah, will come out from the fish 1.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. boil water ...

2. open a cup of maggi mee ... open wateva packets inside ze cup n + dem 2 ze noodle ...

3. pour boiling water in2 maggi mee cup n cover cup wif iz lid ... n wait 4 2 or 3 minits ...

yeh! ... u haf cooked urself maggi mee! ... :eek:

If you are going to eat instant mee, might as well consider the Koka brand. They don't include things like msg.

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are going to eat instant mee, might as well consider the Koka brand. They don't include things like msg.

I don't like instant noodle. For quick home-cooked meal, spaghetti is best. There's a range of different strand and shape of pasta to choose, from the common spaghetti to fettucine to macaroni etc. pasta. There's a range of different flavoured bottled sauce to choose from too.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like instant noodle. For quick home-cooked meal, spaghetti is best. There's a range of different strand and shape of pasta to choose, from the common spaghetti to fettucine to macaroni etc. pasta. There's a range of different flavoured bottled sauce to choose from too.
Pasta cook too long, by the time cook, i faint liao. Give me virginia ham, rocket leaves with bread can liao, lol

IreneYeoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pasta cook too long, by the time cook, i faint liao. Give me virginia ham, rocket leaves with bread can liao, lol

Agree pasta takes longer than instant noodle to boil to proper degree. Agree if a real quick meal is wanted, bread and ham and cheese will do. Another suggestion for quick home meal is salad. Buy an iceberg lettuce, your preferred salad dressing, ham, cucumber, canned tuna/corn/beans/nuts etc. whatever you like to add to the toss. No need to cook. Instead of making it small portion like appetiser, make it a full portion salad meal.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Okay...this one is my mum's cooking...steamed fish.

hi there

1. fat kid, i am glad you are committed to cook for yourself.
2. honest, i am gratful to my housekeeper who literally taught me to survive, cooking for myself.
3. previously, i relied on tap water and raw eggs as part of my meals.
4. especially during the cny holiday period.
5. now, that i am rather proficient i am able to do up more items for myself.
6. your mum's recipe looks good and delicious enough.
7. yes, eating out just makes you fatter!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who ever studied or worked overseas would have been forced to pick up some cooking skills.
In my books, you need to know how to bake a cake, cook curry from scratch and know how to cook at least one staple local hawker dish before you call yourself being able to cook.
That said, sinkie girls are pathetic that most can't even cook boil or porridge or fry an egg. I find more sinkie guys can cook better.