• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anybody going to NZ?

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls PM me. Let's support each other. Don't post here. This forum has gone to the dogs and missed its purpose.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls PM me. Let's support each other. Don't post here. This forum has gone to the dogs and missed its purpose.

I am planning to cross the ditch for Auckland.
(I will definitely miss Perth. Perth has its advantages too, like daily postie service.)

BTW, whatever happened to Singapore World Cup Soccer 2010 Dream?
Don't tell me the All Whites have beaten the Singaporeans to it !!!

Well done, Kiwis! :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to cross the ditch for Auckland.
(I will definitely miss Perth. Perth has its advantages too, like daily postie service.)

All Whites happen to be the only team that was UNBEATEN in the world cup!

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

please listen to the Song 'Don't Dream It's Over' by New Zealander Neil Finn and performed by Crowded House.
Anyway, Lau Goh no PM liao and Young-Li prefers China babes on table. You know it's cheaper to buy 2 yellow skins
than 11 whites.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
NZ eighth happiest country in the world
<!-- -->
5:33 PM Sunday Jul 4, 2010
  1. <!-- -->Facebook
  2. <!-- -->Twitter
  3. <!-- -->Email
  4. <!-- -->Print
<!-- -->New Zealand is the eighth happiest country in the world, according to a new analysis of data provided by the Gallup Poll.

Denmark tops the list as the happiest country.

Looking at data collected across 132 countries, the Gallup Organisation based their marks - released this month in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology - on representative samples of more than 136,000 people in each country.

Respondents were asked how they would rate their lives on a scale from zero (worst possible) to 10 (best possible), as well as answering a series of questions on positive or negative emotions.

The top 15 countries are Denmark and Finland (7.7), Norway, The Netherlands and Costa Rica (7.6), Canada and Switzerland (7.5), NEW ZEALAND (7.4), Sweden, Austria and Australia (7.3), United States (7.2), Belgium (7.1), Brazil and Panama (7.0).

- NZPA

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please listen to the Song 'Don't Dream It's Over' by New Zealander Neil Finn and performed by Crowded House.

That's a classic kiwi tune.

tp117tiki.png

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Please give this forum a chance, there are still like minded folks here who are not blinkered nor here only during school holidays.

I am sure there are genuine folks who are in need of assistance to venture abroad. There are lots of options but NZ is most definitely a good idea.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please give this forum a chance, there are still like minded folks here who are not blinkered nor here only during school holidays.

I am sure there are genuine folks who are in need of assistance to venture abroad. There are lots of options but NZ is most definitely a good idea.

NZ is not just a good idea, it is a decent place.
Despite its many failings, it is still a better place than Singapore - simply because you deserve to be treated with dignity.
Of course, for those who dare not take the leap, the place may not be suitable for them.

I work with Kiwis in Australia and they are still fond of their homeland.

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone successfully migrated to New Zealand or in the process? What are the steps? I am going to submit an EOI but what are the chances via skilled migrant?

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Anyone successfully migrated to New Zealand or in the process? What are the steps? I am going to submit an EOI but what are the chances via skilled migrant?

Bro,getting a job in NZ not a problem...if you cant get a white collar job there are many jobs avail in farming and fishing industry both in the north and south.

U

UpYoz_olo

They are All WHites... not All Blacks, if Oceania do well in the future, can lobby FIFA for allowing Hakka as an Oceania thing like the vuvuzelas.

should lobby for teochew hpkkien or cantonese. more variety this way.

Chee bye it's haka!

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
NZ is not just a good idea, it is a decent place.
Despite its many failings, it is still a better place than Singapore - simply because you deserve to be treated with dignity.
Of course, for those who dare not take the leap, the place may not be suitable for them.

I work with Kiwis in Australia and they are still fond of their homeland.

I definitely took a leap already but my family couldn't make the cut. My 400 plus dollars was gone but i learnt. Thats why want to wait and got another place for the family for now while i try again next year when my family and wife finish upgrading their paper qualification.

I will then sell the place in SG, migrate and get out the CPF money and settle in NZ. When i am visiting relatives and family in SG, i can still stay in JB and have my folks stay in JB if NZ is not suitable for them. At least they have somewhere near to SG.

I have put the intentions earlier in this forum and have looked at several options in NZ but Auckland seems the most suitable in terms of the work as well as it being more "receptive" to foreigners from what i understand.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have put the intentions earlier in this forum and have looked at several options in NZ but Auckland seems the most suitable in terms of the work as well as it being more "receptive" to foreigners from what i understand.

Auckland is no more "receptive of foreigners" than any other city or town in NZ.

Foreigners find it easier to find jobs in Auckland simply because there are more jobs available. 30% of the NZ population reside in the greater Auckland region.