• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anybody going to NZ?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually, there are free DIY lessons at Bunnings.
http://www.bunnings.co.nz/learn-how-to-diy.aspx

I've spent almost $15k in bunnings to date. Just bought a stand alone bathtub for $1400 :smile: All thanks to Bunnings, make my day a lot easier for renov work :wink: oh, and many thanks to my dear apprentice students too !

I am going to complete my internal renov in 3weeks ! re-sale value increase by 200k ! YAHooo ! hehehe.

Next project 2m brick fence, auto wrought iron gate, carport & kitchen :smile:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is for the benefit of forum readers.

In NZ, depending on which city, it is always prudent to double check about certain constructions that may require RESOURCE CONSENTS which have to be applied and approved before proceeding with certain improvements.

http://ccc.govt.nz/homeliving/buildingplanning/boundariespropertyfencing.aspx

Oh yes.. of course forum readers shouldn't blindly build.. must seek council's approval, as well as neighbour's consent for zero boundary.. it took me 1 yr to understand the Council's guidelines and 1 yr to understand the Building Act :wink: another yr to apply for owner-builder...
These works are not meant for newbies..

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point of this forum is to steer you in the right direction and provide links to relevant websites.

Official websites provide the most up-to-date information. Once you have digested the contents, you are most welcome to seek clarification on specific issues that you're not sure about.

Did it ever occur to you those links are so easy to find and after looking through then endlessly and not getting the information we come here to ask as a last resort? Thanks for nothing asshole

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, it took like 2 months. Costs 400 plus. Yes the wife one is bonus but without a confirmed job for either one of you, the only thing is the profession as well as the qualifications.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've spent almost $15k in bunnings to date. Just bought a stand alone bathtub for $1400 :smile: All thanks to Bunnings, make my day a lot easier for renov work :wink: oh, and many thanks to my dear apprentice students too !

I am going to complete my internal renov in 3weeks ! re-sale value increase by 200k ! YAHooo ! hehehe.

Next project 2m brick fence, auto wrought iron gate, carport & kitchen :smile:
just wondering,
why a carport when a remote controlled auto-door garage look more complete?

Not all things from Bunnings are quality, but they sell stuff that are easier to DIY repair later on.

I regret getting this toilet suite from a speciaslist shop where the outlet valve mechanism has to be ordered from Switzerland. And the electronic bidet's replacement remote control cost $100!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
" I wanted to try AU but seems a lot of negative flak plus i have friends over there who are saying its pretty bad so trying NZ"

If you are serious looking to settle down PERMANENTLY in another country and not just getting a 2nd passport then ......

Sorry to spoil your joy, but you have not almost made it ..... yet.

I am moving from OZ to NZ and my understanding is that there are the same amount of "negative flak" in NZ as well, just that NZ is under-reported.

I am moving not because I dislike Perth but I want a change of environment.

It is after the "honeymoon" period in your adopted country that you can really conclude whether you have "made it".

You have to manage the EXPECTATION aspect of your move and have some idea of whether NZ will suit your personality, etc.

Oh yes, its only fair to see which one is better, i know of folks who would go for either one and totally rule out the other. I just want to see which is better and i won't rule out AU until i find out more first hand.
Until then, i will keep trying as i understand(maybe wrong here) that its easy to get into AU once you are settled in NZ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I though the EOI is based on the merits of the applicant himself. The partner/spouse's qualifications will just be "bonus" points.

Do you know the process once the EOI has been approved? How long do we have before we must "land" and how long till we get permanent status in NZ?

I am sorry, i didn't get that far enough in the process for the 2nd part of your question but here are some links:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/

This one has something on the process:
http://www.visabureau.com/newzealand/immigration-application.aspx

No reference to you here but i recall from the actions of my colleague who was first asking me about JB, then US and then now NZ. His actions made me recall what someone who once told me this:

If you are really serious about something, you will find out more, even if someone dissuades you or whether there are obstacles in your way. Whether through others and if thats not possible, then yourself, you will find a way.

You must really want it and be sure of what you want to achieve. Once you set your mind to it, the rest will fall into place.

If you are not serious about it, you will ask lots of questions, fishing for easy information and wasting others time ala crabs in a crab bucket yet still choose to do nothing for yourself ultimately.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like that living unhappily in Singapore, they then lament in the coffeeshops, why am i still stuck here? Why can't someone/something help me?

This is something that even the heavens above has no answer to.

Last edited: